Guns confiscated from private owner Australia

Why do stories about Australia's gun laws matter at all?

Bigreb claimed in the OP that the "average" gun owner owns as many, if not more guns than this guy (328), I'm asking him if he really is deluded enough to actually believe that.

i have been to several estate auctions

that had at least three hundred firearms

i would not say it is average

but it certainly exists
Nor would I say it either, I didn't. I said the average one I know.

yes

there was a two day one out here a month or so ago

the guy had over 1500

Are you really so deluded that you think the "average" gun owner owns 328 guns?

they were licensed for 71 firearms

Exactly.

And;

The men, aged 69, 46 and 42, were charged with possessing restricted firearms

Among the 328 weapons were military-style automatic rifles, some of which were worth up to $50,000 each, and Glock handguns worth $10,000, police said.

Yes, not allowed to be having auto and semi auto weapons, and unlicensed weapons of any kind.

4.2 tons of ammo?
Hmmm.

This all way above 'normal'.
A reasonable person in today's world would have the right to be suspicious about all the guns and all that ammo stockpiled.

I'm 100% happy the cops raided them.

Last edited:
How does the OP find anything wrong with this story? From the article:

The men broke the law. Game, set, and match.

Get over it.

Are you really so deluded that you think the "average" gun owner owns 328 guns?

they were licensed for 71 firearms

Exactly.

And;

Among the 328 weapons were military-style automatic rifles, some of which were worth up to $50,000 each, and Glock handguns worth $10,000, police said.

Yes, not allowed to be having auto and semi auto weapons, and unlicensed weapons of any kind.

4.2 tons of ammo?
Hmmm.

This all way above 'normal'.
A reasonable person in today's world would have the right to be suspicious about all the guns and all that ammo stockpiled.

I'm 100% happy the cops raided them.

The last ammo scare I wished I had a ton of the ammo he had. I think anti gunners are abnormal and those who think they can decide how much ammo and firearms a person can have.
And you can kiss my ass you fucking little dictator want to be.

Get over it.

Laws can be unjust laws can be a dictators best friend.

They can also be the People's best friend.
We had no gun laws...and at that time we had massacres everywhere.
...little girls chased, and when found hiding behind a tree, massacred in cold blood at Port Arthur, Tasmania state....massacred along with dozens of innocent people at the cafe etc.
"The Port Arthur massacre".
Then there was "The Hoddle St massacre", "The Strathfield massacre" all committed with auto/semi-auto weapons.

The People had had enough!
They screamed at the govt to do something...so the then Prime Minister John Howard banned semi-auto and auto weapons.
No more massacres.

Get over it.

Laws can be unjust laws can be a dictators best friend.

They can also be the People's best friend.
We had no gun laws...and at that time we had massacres everywhere.
...little girls chased, and when found hiding behind a tree, massacred in cold blood at Port Arthur, Tasmania state....massacred along with dozens of innocent people at the cafe etc.
"The Port Arthur massacre".
Then there was "The Hoddle St massacre", "The Strathfield massacre" all committed with auto/semi-auto weapons.

The People had had enough!
They screamed at the govt to do something...so the then Prime Minister John Howard banned semi-auto and auto weapons.
No more massacres.

An unjust law, would be one that striped a person of their God given right to choose how they want to defend their life.

There is so many things wrong with this story I really don't know where to begin.
Like calling semi automatic weapons automatic weapons.. I am of the opinion I doubt any of those firearms were automatics or sub-machine . Hell the average gun owner I know has that many guns if not more.

Australian police find 328 guns, 4.2 tons of ammo at farm - World News

No one needs this many guns or this much ammunition, unless they are going to start trouble.

You don't get to dictate what someone does and does not need. nor should anyone else.

There is so many things wrong with this story I really don't know where to begin.
Like calling semi automatic weapons automatic weapons.. I am of the opinion I doubt any of those firearms were automatics or sub-machine . Hell the average gun owner I know has that many guns if not more.

Australian police find 328 guns, 4.2 tons of ammo at farm - World News

No one needs this many guns or this much ammunition, unless they are going to start trouble.

You don't get to dictate what someone does and does not need. nor should anyone else.

It is not me, but common sense. If they were breaking the law, someone dictated it.

Forum List

Back