Diameter of the object. Would you rather be hit with a needle at 50 lbs of force or a chisel? The needle will penetrate, possibly all the way through you, while the chisel will transmit all the energy too you.
I've stipulated both bullets not exiting. There's some bullshit ballistics going down today. I'm gone.

For gun hobbyists, not a political discussion of gun control.

My latest acquisition for hog/sport shooting: A Hi-Point .45 carbine.

View attachment 92306

I bought my wife the 9mm version and saw this one in the gun store last week while looking at wheel guns. It was the .45 caliber that attracted me. Accurate out to 100 yards for hunting, 200+ for self defense.

Looking forward to shooting it.
I had a couple Hi-Point pistols. Had a 9mm and a .45ACP. The 9mm shot decent but the .45ACP was a jamming piece of trash. Both pistols were extremely poor quality. Needless to say Hi-Point is really for the buyer on a budget. The .45 jammed so bad one day I threw it away.

View attachment 92306

I bought my wife the 9mm version and saw this one in the gun store last week while looking at wheel guns. It was the .45 caliber that attracted me. Accurate out to 100 yards for hunting, 200+ for self defense.

I had a couple Hi-Point pistols. Had a 9mm and a .45ACP. The 9mm shot decent but the .45ACP was a jamming piece of trash. Both pistols were extremely poor quality. Needless to say Hi-Point is really for the buyer on a budget.
Definitely budget shooters. Like yours, no problems with the 9mm, but I haven't fired the .45 yet, so I'll reserve judgment.

View attachment 92306

I had a couple Hi-Point pistols. Had a 9mm and a .45ACP. The 9mm shot decent but the .45ACP was a jamming piece of trash. Both pistols were extremely poor quality. Needless to say Hi-Point is really for the buyer on a budget.
Definitely budget shooters. Like yours, no problems with the 9mm, but I haven't fired the .45 yet, so I'll reserve judgment.
I've never seen anything like the .45cal in the OP, that might shoot OK, ya never know. Is that a .45ACP or LC?

I do see the pistols here and there at gun shows.

View attachment 92306

I've never seen anything like the .45cal in the OP, that might shoot OK, ya never know. I do see the pistols here and there at gun shows.
Another factor may be date of manufacturer. New "budget" companies go through teething pains. I only bought mine after reading a few reviews on it and am happy to add it to the armory. Not my first choice to use in a defense situation, or even for hunting, but a nice option to have around IMO.

Gun Review: Hi-Point 4595TS Pro Carbine - The Truth About Guns
RATINGS (out of five stars):

Style * * *
It has definitely taken a step forward in overall aesthetics, compared to the early model carbines, but still has, at least, been introduced to the proverbial ugly-stick.

Accuracy * *
This is no sharp-shooter, which is kind of a given when lobbing 230 grain hardballs in the straightline ACP case. But, as the longer barrel should build a bit more velocity and spin, I had hoped for better.

Ergonomics * *
The overall balance and feel when firing is pretty natural, but it can bite. Sure, the .45 has a bit of a punch, but the spring-loaded dampening system at the butt end can compress with your cheeky bits in contact. Ouch.

Reliability * * * * *
This is actually a strong point, at least in my dealings. If there is a round in the chamber and the safety is off, it will go boom. If there is a round in the magazine, it will feed. No malfunctions experienced at all when the correct ammo is present.

Customize This * * *
Anything you can mount on a Pic rail will mount on this, if it is an upper or lower mount. Two levels of lower, and one of upper. As to other third party items like barrels, compensators, or triggers, there are none that I could find.

Overall * * * *
A full star was achieved through the no-hassle and timely repair work. The fact that it goes bang every single time, was also a huge plus. With this price point, and overall solidity, it is a fine firearm.

Hi-Point Firearms .45 ACP Pistol & Carbine
The .45 ACP models evaluated for this review functioned reliably with a variety of ammunition, produced sufficient accuracy for close-range defensive situations, and they shipped with more features than one might expect for the price.

Hi-Point Carbine : Cabela's
4.7 out of 5 78 Reviews

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

View attachment 92306

Sweet!
My husband just bought a Remington 1100
They sell for around 1,200.00 and he got it on sale new for 539.99.
It's a better shot gun for me as a petite woman rather than a regular 2 barrel.
If your Remmie is a 410 then it is perfect for you, a petite woman, yes.

As a 12 gauge however I think you are going to find it is like shooting an elephant gun and you won't like it.

Where do get the idea that I don't shoot a 12 gage double barel or never have?

View attachment 92306

Sweet!
My husband just bought a Remington 1100
They sell for around 1,200.00 and he got it on sale new for 539.99.
It's a better shot gun for me as a petite woman rather than a regular 2 barrel.
If your Remmie is a 410 then it is perfect for you, a petite woman, yes.

As a 12 gauge however I think you are going to find it is like shooting an elephant gun and you won't like it.

Where do get the idea that I don't shoot a 12 gage double barel or never have?
Because he's a closet chauvinist? :D

My 12 gauge is a Mossberg 500.

1zf1mdf.jpg

He hasn't learned that small women can be little power houses when trained well in firearms and self defence.

The last chavanist I had to listen to of womens place is bare foot and pregnant after all night long of put downs ended up unconsious on the bar room floor for a couple of minutes. :biggrin:
I'm 5' 2" the guy was 6' 3"
The whole bar cheered.

He hasn't learned that small women can be little power houses when trained well in firearms and self defence.

The last chavanist I had to listen to of womens place is bare foot and pregnant after all night long of put downs ended up unconsious on the bar room floor for a couple of minutes. :biggrin:
The whole bar cheered.
That's what he gets for being tall enough for you to use his nuts as speed bags..........

cache_20476705.jpg

The whole bar cheered.
That's what he gets for being tall enough for you to use his nuts as speed bags..........

cache_20476705.jpg

No Ringel05
He made the mistake of leaning down to grab my right hip, trying to squeeze my right butt cheek.He got into my personal space.
When he came to, I said to him he was lucky that I held back my restraint from wanting to ram his nose bone into his brain, but he wasn't worth going to prison over it.I loved the look he gave me. Giggle, giggle he didn't know whether it was a threat to rattle him or if I was serious.
What he said before I lost it was;.
"Your wasting your time sweet thing trying.....mind you trying....to be a businesses woman, you have perfect hips for breeding".
Then he bent down to reach for my right hip. BOOM!!! Then cheers becaused he pissed off every single woman in that bar. :biggrin:

The whole bar cheered.

cache_20476705.jpg

No Ringel05
He made the mistake of leaning down to grab my right hip, trying to squeeze my right butt cheek.He got into my personal space.
When he came to, I said to him he was lucky that I held back my restraint from wanting to ram his nose bone into his brain, but he wasn't worth going to prison over it.I loved the look he gave me. Giggle, giggle he didn't know whether it was a threat to rattle him or if I was serious.
"Your wasting your time sweet thing trying.....mind you trying....to be a businesses woman, you have perfect hips for breeding".
Then he bent down to reach for my right hip. BOOM!!! Then cheers becaused he pissed off every single woman in that bar. :biggrin:
Geeze, make a little joke and see what happens. Women........ :D

:scared1::scared1:

The whole bar cheered.

cache_20476705.jpg

No Ringel05
Geeze, make a little joke and see what happens. Women........ :D

:scared1::scared1:

:lmao: :lmao:

Long story short, I came into possession of several guns which were corroded from being immersed in a flooded home. I'm now in the process of learning how to restore them.

After letting a few of them sit in mineral spirits and periodic scrubbing, the Blackhawk was given a cold bluing treatment. It's not very pretty, but I hope it becomes a good little shooter. Of the two Single Six .22s, the one with the hammer back is currently jammed in that position. It has a transfer bar (post-1973) where the other one is pre-1973.

clqpx.jpg

nwgdj5.jpg

zwlzxx.jpg

Last year I built a wood & bullet casing wall mount for my Mosin-Nagant. Lately, although the classic Mosin is great, I've been eyeing the Archangel modern carbon-filled polymer stocks: Archangel Rifle Stocks & Accessories

Due to both the relative low cost of the rifle and desiring to keep the classic looks of a Mosin on my wall, I was looking to buy a second one. Today, while going to Cabella's for a TSA-approved pistol case, a mint-condition Mosin caught my eye. It was perfect. Not a single ding and all matching numbers. A little pricey at $300, it seemed to be both a good buy and perfect addition. Instead of using this one for the Archangel stock, I'll use it on the wall display and use the older one for modernization.

Img_1250.jpg

271102.jpg

Now all I have to do is disassemble and reassemble. Capable of shooting hogs, deer, varmints, invaders and their collaborators from 700+ yards.

2kn4p0.jpg

After reviewing the instructions, which seem pretty easy to accomplish, I decided to order a Timney trigger for my Mosin, so that means I'll forgo the stock change until I have the trigger. Reviews of the trigger are good and worth the wait + expense:
Timney Trigger for Mosin Nagant--Review

So far the costs are:
Mosin-Nagant from 2 years ago: $150
Archangel Stock: $169
Extra magazine: $16
Timney trigger: $89
Scope: $50
Mount: $10
--------------------- Total so far: $484.

Best Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Stocks Reviews
Mosin-Nagant-Archangel-Stock-1024x768.jpg

Seeing the quality and the reviews of the Archangel Mosin stock, I considered buying their SKS stock, but decided against it for two reasons:
1) Having the AK47 negates the reason for spending money on a magazine-fed SKS.

2) There's something to be said for keeping something "classic".

Forum List

Back