Growing Up After Genocide

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
genocide is a rupture of history—personal and political—not a continuation of it. As Sylvie Umubyeyi, then thirty-four, put it: “When I think about the genocide, in a moment of calm, I mull over where to put it properly away in life, but I find no place. I simply mean that it is no longer anything human.”
Growing Up After Genocide | Dissent Magazine

I have always found the Rwanda genocide deeply disturbing primarily because it happened during my lifetime. Secondly, the world leaders had said they would never allow this to happen again but they sure did and didn't blink an eye. The Peace Keepers are useless. The UN is useless.

people should be in charge of protecting themselves but they give that duty to Governments . And its Governments that have killed more of their people purposely or because of inaction than any other entity . There is a thread on government inaction going , i think its about the 'congo' .

i think that the ' u.n. ' introduced 'cholera' to Haiti after an earthquake a few years ago .

people should be in charge of protecting themselves but they give that duty to Governments . And its Governments that have killed more of their people purposely or because of inaction than any other entity . There is a thread on government inaction going , i think its about the 'congo' .

Belgium initiated this and in the same manner that the British initiated conflict in India. Fine. We'll leave but here's a parting gift....

genocide is a rupture of history—personal and political—not a continuation of it. As Sylvie Umubyeyi, then thirty-four, put it: “When I think about the genocide, in a moment of calm, I mull over where to put it properly away in life, but I find no place. I simply mean that it is no longer anything human.”

I have always found the Rwanda genocide deeply disturbing primarily because it happened during my lifetime. Secondly, the world leaders had said they would never allow this to happen again but they sure did and didn't blink an eye. The Peace Keepers are useless. The UN is useless.
As well as Cambodia. ‘The world’ the Left is so concerned about looking good to sat silent while millions were slaughtered.

As well as Cambodia. ‘The world’ the Left is so concerned about looking good to sat silent while millions were slaughtered.

The "Left" is identical to the "Right". They are both rabid about the free market implementation in other countries, as well as, the US. They don't give a damn about anything outside of that. It's simply swapping billionaires of one kind for another. The rest of it is just busy work for the masses.

The "Left" is identical to the "Right". They are both rabid about the free market implementation in other countries, as well as, the US. They don't give a damn about anything outside of that. It's simply swapping billionaires of one kind for another. The rest of it is just busy work for the masses.
So no one is for stopping a genocide?

Hardly.

Hardly.

Nope. In fact, both groups are all about overthrowing other governments that are not aligned with US business interests. So...........if it isn't lining someone's pocket book then there is no interest.

Hardly.

Nope. In fact, both groups are all about overthrowing other governments that are not aligned with US business interests. So...........if it isn't lining someone's pocket book then there is no interest.
So America wants Syria to change their ways and end genocide? *gasp*

Hardly.

Is there something unique here that is somehow far more special than any other episode?

Hardly.

Is there something unique here that is somehow far more special than any other episode?
Last I checked Canada was not conducting a genocide.

Hardly.

:yourpointsmile:

Hardly.

They are as good at turning a blind eye as anyone.

The mystery of 1,000 missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada

'Highway of Tears': The Unsolved Murders of Indigenous Women in Canada - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

Unsolved murders of indigenous women reflect Canada's history of silence

I myself am from an ethnicity that is now history because of genocide. Most genocides are never reported. There is a huge lot of them even in Europe, within whites, you don't even need to go as far as Rwanda. And the most effective genocide is not even perpetrated by guns, but by government policies. Everybody thinks of Rwanda, but nobody even thinks of looking at the unwanted ethnicities of the European Union. I am curious if anyone in this forum ever thought of that, probably nobody, this is how perfectly conducted some genocides are.

Forum List

Back