Zone1 Group plans to put Christian schools inside Ohio churches and allow kids to attend with public money

My wife is a retired Lutheran school teacher. The Lutherans have had a "Protestant" school system in the US for over 150 years. The school where my wife taught and we sent our children always performed substantially better than the public schools in the district.

It cost a significant amount to send a child to that school. Mostly solid Middle Class or the more well to do could afford the tuition although church members got a break.

Without a voucher system poor families who wanted a good education for their children could not afford to send their child to the excellent school. They were stuck with low performing public schools.

Why do you Liberals hate the poor so much?
I think you may have your cause and effect wrong. Here is an example from my own life. In my county we have neighborhood schools and county-wide schools. Your kids will go to the neighborhood school UNLESS you apply to send them to one of the county-wide schools. Applying is not nearly as convenient so only parents that really valued education bothered to send their kids there. There was no entrance exam but the county-wide schools had measurably better academic performance. The kids were the same but the parents were not. Religious schools are the same, they are a self-selected group so it is to be expected they will perform well.

I think you may have your cause and effect wrong. Here is an example from my own life. In my county we have neighborhood schools and county-wide schools. Your kids will go to the neighborhood school UNLESS you apply to send them to one of the county-wide schools. Applying is not nearly as convenient so only parents that really valued education bothered to send their kids there. There was no entrance exam but the county-wide schools had measurably better academic performance. The kids were the same but the parents were not. Religious schools are the same, they are a self-selected group so it is to be expected they will perform well.

You are confused about this.

Public schools have to cater to the lowest denominator (usually low IQ Blacks that don't give a shit about learning) and they are saddled with wasteful bureaucracy and they perform poorly.

Private schools must turn out a good product or else nobody will send their kids there.

It is called competition and it works.

When there is no voucher system then the poor kids are stuck with the crap the government gives them, which is usually piss poor.

My question remains; why do you Libtards hate the poor?

You are confused about this.
I'm not confused about what I've seen with my own eyes.

Public schools have to cater to the lowest denominator (usually low IQ Blacks that don't give a shit about learning) and they are saddled with wasteful bureaucracy and they perform poorly.
Why are so many on the Right nakedly racist? Is it their ignorance or stupidity?

Private schools must turn out a good product or else nobody will send their kids there.
Actually they don't, they just have to make going there painful.

It is called competition and it works.
Your ideology is unsupported by the facts.

When there is no voucher system then the poor kids are stuck with the crap the government gives them, which is usually piss poor.
Schools are generally funded locally so poor neighborhoods have poor schools.

My question remains; why do you Libtards hate the poor?
Your empathy and respect for them is apparent.

I agree with you, but not because you're a Christian. Many religious schools in general teach morality In addition to ordinary academics. Many religious schools provide a better education than public School systems too. It's not always the case but often it is... Simply because public schools are so fucked up. As long as religious schools are teaching kids the basics and are also teaching them moral wisdom which will help them in life I am all for it, without necessarily endorsing the church behind the religion.

My parents did. They were constantly told the Government paying, even for books, was unconstitutional and they accepted it. Think about it, though. Many are up in arms about the incompetence of government schools, do you want them teaching religion, too?
Government schools won't be teaching religion. Private schools using government vouchers will. Although, I can see Democrats trying to put all kind of restrictions on those vouchers.

Government schools won't be teaching religion. Private schools using government vouchers will. Although, I can see Democrats trying to put all kind of restrictions on those vouchers.
Vouchers are just another way of getting the government to pay for a religious education. I object to my tax dollars contributing to a blatantly unconstitutional scheme.

I'm not confused about what I've seen with my own eyes.

Why are so many on the Right nakedly racist? Is it their ignorance or stupidity?

Actually they don't, they just have to make going there painful.

Your ideology is unsupported by the facts.

Schools are generally funded locally so poor neighborhoods have poor schools.

Your empathy and respect for them is apparent.

You are always confused about reality.

It is racist to support failing public schools that provides a terrible product to the poor that could use the better education of private schools to help to get out of poverty.

You stupid uneducated Libtards are always on the wrong side of everything.

Vouchers are just another way of getting the government to pay for a religious education. I object to my tax dollars contributing to a blatantly unconstitutional scheme.
But yet you're fine with your taxpayer dollars pushing atheism and atheist values in the schools as they currently are? I'm not.

If you start with the proposition that the State (each state, respectively) has assumed the obligation to provide a "free" K-12 education to all children within the state, then it stands to reason that any institution that provides that service FOR the State should be paid a reasonable fee for doing so. So if a private school in X school district teaches 500 students, then that school should be paid a reasonable fee for doing what the State is obliged to do, but doesn't have to do because of the service provided by the private school.

And it shouldn't matter whether that private school has a religious affiliation or not, only that the job is getting done according to reasonable, quantifiable state standards.

It is the teachers's unions, with their out-sized influence on Democrat politicians, that fight this reasonable principle tooth and nail, because its implementation costs union jobs. But if EDUCATION were the goal, it would be implemented everywhere.

What surprises and bothers me is that Democrats fight vouchers and such so vehemently, when that position is so obviously anti-education. I can only conclude that they value unions more highly than the welfare of our children, which is depressing.

What you call atheist, I call humanist, which is how the Constitution reads, no establishment of ANY religion.
Atheist=godless=bad. I don't want bad laws. Bad laws harm people. Right now, the government pushes bad laws than harm people. Abortion, birth control, trans crap, gay marriage. I want those laws stopped. No law should violate Christian teaching. If it does, change it. If it takes a Constitutional Amendment, let's get one going.

Are the vouchers the issue here? Otherwise churches having small private schools have been a thing since forever. I even went to one.

Are the vouchers the issue here? Otherwise churches having small private schools have been a thing since forever. I even went to one.
When I went, there was no government help in any way. If it’s different now, IMO, it’s to mollify the evangelicals, because Catholic schools were always turned down, even when the request was to buy secular books. The justification for the refusal was that it freed up funds to teach religion.

Atheist=godless=bad. I don't want bad laws. Bad laws harm people. Right now, the government pushes bad laws than harm people. Abortion, birth control, trans crap, gay marriage. I want those laws stopped. No law should violate Christian teaching. If it does, change it. If it takes a Constitutional Amendment, let's get one going.
Humanists aren’t necessarily atheists.

Humanists aren’t necessarily atheists
Humanism is an intentionally nebulous term with many meanings that leftists/atheists throw around. Its vagueness enables them to say "You don't know what it means". But I do. It means godless or 'atheist'.

Humanism is an intentionally nebulous term with many meanings that leftists/atheists throw around. Its vagueness enables them to say "You don't know what it means". But I do. It means godless or 'atheist'.
However you consider anyone not following your personal breed of religion and politics to be atheist, so your statement lacks merit.

You are always confused about reality.

It is racist to support failing public schools that provides a terrible product to the poor that could use the better education of private schools to help to get out of poverty.

You stupid uneducated Libtards are always on the wrong side of everything.
The schools don't work so let's take their money away, that will make them better.

The schools don't work so let's take their money away, that will make them better.
We have tried pouring tons of money into public education and it only gets worse.

Money does not create better education.

During the time when the private school that we sent our sons to was spending about $3K a year on each student the public schools were spending over $6K per student. The private school had much better state test results than the public schools in the district.

It takes parents that gives a shit, good teachers and a good curriculum.

If there is a voucher system that gives poor families the opportunity to send their kids to better schools. It is despicable that you stupid Libtards oppose that.

We have tried pouring tons of money into public education and it only gets worse.

Money does not create better education.

During the time when the private school that we sent our sons to was spending about $3K a year on each student the public schools were spending over $6K per student. The private school had much better state test results than the public schools in the district.

It takes parents that gives a shit, good teachers and a good curriculum.

If there is a voucher system that gives poor families the opportunity to send their kids to better schools. It is despicable that you stupid Libtards oppose that.
How many special-needs students were enrolled in your private school?

Forum List

Back