ground beef & shrimp

Make it a surf and turf burger. Make 4 oz. really thinned out burgers, saute or grill the shrimp and lay them on top the burgers, smear some remoulade sauce on it and voila...

I agree the two aren't a very happy combination. Use the shrimp first, if you can't make both dishes tonight.
Let the beef age a little longer....
Yeah, that's a fancy way of saying the beef won't go too smelly to use quite as fast.
It's what the 4 star restaurants advertise it as, beef that has been left uncovered in a refrigerated setting for at least 30 days..Thus a reason to charge a higher price...
It's worth every penny, too. I've had it once or twice. I doubt TN's fridge is that set up though.

Make it a surf and turf burger. Make 4 oz. really thinned out burgers, saute or grill the shrimp and lay them on top the burgers, smear some remoulade sauce on it and voila...
Hmmmmm not bad! This has got me thinking. Thanks man!

Just remember, no matter how you prepare it, hamburger is NOT steak. :) Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Think i am going with defcons idea. I am going to do the burgers exotic. Maybe with some lemon and old bay in the meat. Maybe some ground cayenne. Pan fry the shrimp in old bay and make some remoulade sauce. Maybe a thin slice of pineapple.
I think i grossed the wife out so much she said "just do whatever" lol
Like i told her, crazy concoctions lead to amazing recipes in the long run.

Just remember, no matter how you prepare it, hamburger is NOT steak. :) Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Depends on which part it comes from.......... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know the difference between hamburger and ground beef? :D

together? Could I incorporate these two together? I got 1.3 lbs of shrimp and 1.8 lbs of ground beef I need to get rid of..
One dish, or should I try to make a couple different ones? They don't seem like they would work together but you never know!

Surf & Turf!

Omg no don't put those two things together, it could be fatal!!!!

The closest I would come is a beautiful char broiled burger with sautéed shrimp as a separate dish, it's like a really low brow surf n turf. And when I say burger I don't mean the kind with a bun.

Think i am going with defcons idea. I am going to do the burgers exotic. Maybe with some lemon and old bay in the meat. Maybe some ground cayenne. Pan fry the shrimp in old bay and make some remoulade sauce. Maybe a thin slice of pineapple.

Let us know how it turns out!

Will do. Might even take a pic! HA

Depends on which part it comes from.......... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know the difference between hamburger and ground beef? :D

Hamburger is made from yucky parts, and ground beef is not, but it's still not the same as steak. It's the texture. I wouldn't like the hamburger/ground beef texture along with shrimp. I'm not a fan of surf and turf anyways. I don't really like steak with my seafood or vice versa. :)

Be sure to take one of the food and not the floor this time! :eusa_dance:

Be sure to take one of the food and not the floor this time! :eusa_dance:
:tongue-44:

together? Could I incorporate these two together? !
DA FUQ! is wrong with you, Make a Hamburger with a shrimp cocktail on the side.

stock-photo-hamburger-with-sweet-potato-french-fries-and-shrimp-cocktail-268270.jpg

That works.

Or a burger with shrimp salad

Forum List

Back