Greenspan: The Congress Was Responsible

Ahh Greenspan did his part in contributing to the collapse. He even engineered SS reform under Reagan and provided the govt with hearly 3 trillion is surplus SS funds to spend on other stuff.

Ahh Greenspan did his part in contributing to the collapse. He even engineered SS reform under Reagan and provided the govt with hearly 3 trillion is surplus SS funds to spend on other stuff.

Alan did not provide the govt with 3 Trillion in surplus ss funds. He did not have the power to do anything like that. I really wish people would stop making up crazy stuff like that.

Alan did not provide the govt with 3 Trillion in surplus ss funds. He did not have the power to do anything like that. I really wish people would stop making up crazy stuff like that.

Greenspan was the main engineer of SS reform Under Reagan. they made the withholding too large so they would have it to spend on other things.

FACT!

Greenspan was the main engineer of SS reform Under Reagan. they made the withholding too large so they would have it to spend on other things.

FACT!
That is not a fact. You have been duped. It is a grossly exaggerated lie. Social Security withholding has never been enough to fully fund Social Security. There has never been a surplus no matter who the insane pathological liar is who makes up that crazy shit. There was no surplus and there is no surplus. The government just spent the money as it came in and essentially promised to pay the unfunded SS obligations from future revenue which, we now know will be borrowed money. Reagan was a profligate spender. He was a big spender as governor of California and he was a Big Spender as President of these United States. There was nothing fiscally conservative about the man.

FACT!
That is not a fact. You have been duped. It is a grossly exaggerated lie. Social Security withholding has never been enough to fully fund Social Security. There has never been a surplus no matter who the insane pathological liar is who makes up that crazy shit. There was no surplus and there is no surplus. The government just spent the money as it came in and essentially promised to pay the unfunded SS obligations from future revenue which, we now know will be borrowed money. Reagan was a profligate spender. He was a big spender as governor of California and he was a Big Spender as President of these United States. There was nothing fiscally conservative about the man.

HUH? SS has never has a surplus?? The fact that the govt spent it and issued IOU's is beside that FACT that for many years SS took in more money than it gave out.

btw you really should put on more clothes, the sun must be getting to you.

Last edited:

FACT!

HUH? SS has never has a surplus?? The fact that the govt spent it and issued IOU's is beside that FACT that for many years SS took in more money than it gave out.

btw you really should put on more clothes, the sun must be getting to you.
We have never had a surplus in Social Security. For you to claim otherwise shows a serious lack of education on your part. To see if there was a surplus one would have to estimate the future liabilities as opposed to incoming funds. Social Security was a losing proposition from the very beginning. You need to do a little math to understand what was going on. At no time did Social Security have enough fund on hand to be able to pay future liabilities. People just do not die fast enough for that to happen.

For the very low IQ idiots who think that varying the overnight interest rate controls the economy, I have a chart for you to help you rethink such a foolish thought. Boy are some people on this forum really DUMB!

FedFollowMarket.png

The FED sets interest rates, and the notion that they're apolitical is laughable.

Despite Greenspan's massive CYA today, they've kept interest rates artificially far lower than what market forces would've set them. Therefore, the FED and their money-from-nothing Ponzi scheming banksters share in the blame.

The FED does not set interest rates. It does set the overnight rate and the discount rate for banks. The interest rates for the public are set by the banks.

The FED has done a darn good job trying to stay out of political jousting. Again, it is obvious to me that you have no understanding on the issue of the FED's ability to "control" the economy. It can influence it, but it can NOT control it.
What in hell do you think the banks use as a baseline to set their interest rates, knucklehead?

Said it before, I'll say it again.....If anyone here has zero understanding of how the Fed Ponzi scheme works, it's you. Likewise, nothing on this Earth rings more hollow than your mewling about banks that play the Fed's fiat legal tender monopoly money game.

What in hell do you think the banks use as a baseline to set their interest rates, knucklehead?

Said it before, I'll say it again.....If anyone here has zero understanding of how the Fed Ponzi scheme works, it's you. Likewise, nothing on this Earth rings more hollow than your mewling about banks that play the Fed's fiat legal tender monopoly money game.
Damn, Dude, you make me laugh with that dumber than shit style of yours. Let me see the overnight rate is at 0.25% or less, depending upon who the bank is.

Now, if your supposition held any water, the mortgage interest rates would be low, too. At the very least, they would not be going up. Let me take a look (Oh dumber than dumb one) and I can see that mortgage rates just went UP! Oh No! Mortgage rates are going up while the FED has the overnight so low???? How can this be?

Dude, something is wrong with your theory. Think about it and approach us again when you brain is not suffering from overload.

Damn, Dude, you make me laugh with that dumber than shit style of yours. Let me see the overnight rate is at 0.25% or less, depending upon who the bank is.

Now, if your supposition held any water, the mortgage interest rates would be low, too. At the very least, they would not be going up. Let me take a look (Oh dumber than dumb one) and I can see that mortgage rates just went UP! Oh No! Mortgage rates are going up while the FED has the overnight so low???? How can this be?

Dude, something is wrong with your theory. Think about it and approach us again when you brain is not suffering from overload.

Well golly gee Neubarth, could rising mortgage rates have anything to do with rising 10 and 30 year treasury yields?

I mean, it's not like long term mortgage rates are pegged to long term treasury yields or anything. :rolleyes:

The government is having trouble selling longer bonds, so the yields are rising. That's why mortgage rates are rising.

You don't know enough about this subject to be as condescending are you're being.

Well golly gee Neubarth, could rising mortgage rates have anything to do with rising 10 and 30 year treasury yields?

I mean, it's not like long term mortgage rates are pegged to long term treasury yields or anything. :rolleyes:

The government is having trouble selling longer bonds, so the yields are rising. That's why mortgage rates are rising.

You don't know enough about this subject to be as condescending are you're being.

I know exactly why interest rates go up you pretend ignorant ass.

I have been countering all of the insane lies of the Ron Paulites who claim that the FED sets all interest rates. Even Toro was saying that the other day. Some of these stupid sons of bitches maintain that the FED is a Ponzi Scheme and that the FED officers are making trillions off of the unsuspecting public. Supposedly they hoard their trillions in cellars all over the place. I have never seen such gross stupidity in my life, so I respond as if they are trolling , which I am quite convinced they are. Are you trolling, too or are you really dumb? I have not seen enough of your posts to know.

I have been countering all of the insane lies of the Ron Paulites who claim that the FED sets all interest rates. Even Toro was saying that the other day. Some of these stupid sons of bitches maintain that the FED is a Ponzi Scheme and that the FED officers are making trillions off of the unsuspecting public. Supposedly they hoard their trillions in cellars all over the place. I have never seen such gross stupidity in my life, so I respond as if they are trolling , which I am quite convinced they are. Are you trolling, too or are you really dumb? I have not seen enough of your posts to know.
All I'm going to say is that you're fooling yourself if you think the fed funds rate doesn't have direct bearing on consumer interest rates.

You asked Dude why mortgage rates were going up in the face of such a low fed funds rate, and I answered the question.

Just because someone is pointing out that you're wrong, doesn't mean they're trolling. You definitely need to learn more about monetary policy and how it effects an economy, though. That much is CERTAIN.

All I'm going to say is that you're fooling yourself if you think the fed funds rate doesn't have direct bearing on consumer interest rates.

You asked Dude why mortgage rates were going up in the face of such a low fed funds rate, and I answered the question.

Just because someone is pointing out that you're wrong, doesn't mean they're trolling. You definitely need to learn more about monetary policy and how it effects an economy, though. That much is CERTAIN.

I am not wrong. You are in that you made an total ass of yourself as is your style. If you go back a few posts you will see a chart that I put up that shows the correlation between interest rates on notes and then the corresponding FED adjustment. You were too stupid to read that far back, so you make an idiotic assumption that I was wrong. I am never wrong. Go back and check all of my posts, I have never made a mistake. I post about what I know. If I do not know something about a topic, I do not post to the topic. You, on the other hand appear to not have the slightest idea about why you are posting. Boy what a dolt you make of yourself! Dumb de Dumb DUMB! DUMB!!!!

By the way I have never said that the overnight or discount rate have no effect on the economy. Again, you make a total ass of yourself and prove to everybody that you are a pathological liar! Boy are you stupid to lie like that right out in front of everybody! I have met really dumb people before, but you take the cake. Read up on something before making such an outrageous ass out of yourself.

Last edited:

I am not wrong. You are in that you made an total ass of yourself as is your style. If you go back a few posts you will see a chart that I put up that shows the correlation between interest rates on notes and then the corresponding FED adjustment. You were too stupid to read that far back, so you make an idiotic assumption that I was wrong. I am never wrong. Go back and check all of my posts, I have never made a mistake. I post about what I know. If I do not know something about a topic, I do not post to the topic. You, on the other hand appear to not have the slightest idea about why you are posting. Boy what a dolt you make of yourself! Dumb de Dumb DUMB! DUMB!!!!

By the way I have never said that the overnight or discount rate have no effect on the economy. Again, you make a total ass of yourself! Boy are you stupid! I have met really dumb people before, but you take the cake. Read up on something before making such an ass out of yourself.

Oh my goodness gracious, you posted a CHART!!!

You win the internetz!!

:rolleyes:

Again, go learn economics some more. You're way off base. I never said that you said the fed funds rate has no effect on the economy. You said it has no effect on consumer rates, or at least that's what you seem to be hinting at.

And you would be wrong.

Paulie said:

Looks like someone isn't reading someone's posts :lol:

Last edited:
Btw Neubarth, how's that DXD working out for you?

The Dow is only up like 1,000 points since you started saying it was a good buy.

Dumbass.

Btw Neubarth, how's that DXD working out for you?

The Dow is only up like 1,000 points since you started saying it was a good buy.

Dumbass.
More of your insane lies you disgusting piece of shit. I never said it was a good buy. I spot trade DXD and long investments depending upon which way the market seems inclined to go. I have increased my return considerably over just being long the market.

By the way I have never said that the overnight or discount rate have no effect on the economy. Again, you make a total ass of yourself! Boy are you stupid! I have met really dumb people before, but you take the cake. Read up on something before making such an ass out of yourself.

Oh my goodness gracious, you posted a CHART!!!

You win the internetz!!

:rolleyes:

Again, go learn economics some more. You're way off base. I never said that you said the fed funds rate has no effect on the economy. You said it has no effect on consumer rates, or at least that's what you seem to be hinting at.

And you would be wrong.

Paulie said:

Looks like someone isn't reading someone's posts :lol:
Nothing but lie after lie after lie from you. I never said it had no effect on consumer rates you disgusting
lying ass. All you do all of the time is lie. Why?

Now I have caught you in six outrageous and blatant lies. You want to try lying some more?

Forum List

Back