Anyone else considering the new Darkhorse Mustang?

The Camaro ends in 2024 and Challenger ends this year. The Mustang lives on, for now. I wonder if they will bring back the other two as EV's.

All I can say is that the other week, I caught what looked like F1 racing on TV a couple Saturdays ago in Brazil---- but as I watched the cars, all you heard was a:
zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as each car passed. That was when I realized that they had eliminated 90% of what makes car racing exciting--- the hundreds of subtle micro-tuning adjustments to engine, etc., to gain optimum performance. It was a joke.

All that was left I suppose was to try to optimize the wheel motors and maybe the battery. It was literally boring. There was movement, but nothing going on.

If/when NASCAR goes all electric, it will be the death of the sport in large part losing a great deal of its audience to dullness.

All I can say is that the other week, I caught what looked like F1 racing on TV a couple Saturdays ago in Brazil---- but as I watched the cars, all you heard was a:
zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as each car passed. That was when I realized that they had eliminated 90% of what makes car racing exciting--- the hundreds of subtle micro-tuning adjustments to engine, etc., to gain optimum performance. It was a joke.

All that was left I suppose was to try to optimize the wheel motors and maybe the battery. It was literally boring. There was movement, but nothing going on.

If/when NASCAR goes all electric, it will be the death of the sport in large part losing a great deal of its audience to dullness.
Racing cannot go EV, that will indeed kill the sport. You need gasoline and a piston engine that requires tuning and testing for the week before the race. NASCAR drivers routinely end their race early because the team didn't get their engine right in the week before the race. You take all that away and you don't have racing as everyone has always known it, you have some hybrid that I don't think anyone is going to find interesting.

NASCAR's great popularity over the years has always been about the drivers themselves, the kind of guys who could get under the hood and turn wrenches themselves, the outlaw types were always favorites, and they replaced them all with twenty somethings who were better representatives of the sponsors who paid for their cars. Truth is, they made their sport far less interesting and it has yet to recover.

Racing cannot go EV, that will indeed kill the sport. You need gasoline and a piston engine that requires tuning and testing for the week before the race. NASCAR drivers routinely end their race early because the team didn't get their engine right in the week before the race. You take all that away and you don't have racing as everyone has always known it, you have some hybrid that I don't think anyone is going to find interesting.
Well, they are doing it, at least in Brazil. Everything looked like a normal formula race except the cars sounded like Hot Wheels, you could even hear the dynamic breaking of the motors when the driver let off the pedal.

NASCAR's great popularity over the years has always been about the drivers themselves, the kind of guys who could get under the hood and turn wrenches themselves, the outlaw types were always favorites, and they replaced them all with twenty somethings who were better representatives of the sponsors who paid for their cars. Truth is, they made their sport far less interesting and it has yet to recover.
That may be but NASCAR racing is generally a competition of both the driver and the car, a little luck plus the mechanics who built and tuned the engine, plus the pit crew. Anything could go wrong. But with an EV car, you lose a lot of that plus there can't be any 2-second pit stops to top off the gas to keep from running out near the end as no meaningful recharging is possible in 2-seconds. NASCAR is going the way of the NFL.

Forum List

Back