Great tits could be wiped out by climate change in near future

not a titty show thread. Read the Opost.. THEN comment.
Flac we read it, give us a break we are guys. And getting bored with this election

I would have changed the title if I COULD, but Kinetta got it totally right. Save the great tits...

I personally doubt ANY tit species is under stress.. They are multiplying every year taking command of my feeders.. And I'm personally subsidizing their "bug deficit"...

Tits are bossy little things. They sit and scream at me when the feeders are low.. Get right in my face !!

:auiqs.jpg:

Flac we read it, give us a break we are guys. And getting bored with this election

I would have changed the title if I COULD, but Kinetta got it totally right. Save the great tits...

I personally doubt ANY tit species is under stress.. They are multiplying every year taking command of my feeders.. And I'm personally subsidizing their "bug deficit"...

Tits are bossy little things. They sit and scream at me when the feeders are low.. Get right in my face !!

Really?

I was watching a squirrel thing the other night, I found it..

Bottom line is that the oft unspoken truth about the ever changing climate isn't really that it is changing because it always is, or even how MUCH it changes, as much as it may be about the RATE of change!

Given half a chance, the nature of life is adaptation and evolution, and while I hate to see any species disappear, when you consider that more species have lived and gone extinct long before man than are alive today, I've come to accept extinction as a NATURAL PROCESS of nature rather than something to mourn. Indeed, if its part of nature, then it serves a NECESSARY purpose.

A PAIR OF GREAT TITS ENJOYING A SPRING DAY :smoke:
great-tits.jpg

(they are a distant relative of the red-crested hooter)

Really?

I was watching a squirrel thing the other night, I found it..

LMAO.. I spent hours trimming hedges/trees and a couple $100 dollars on feeders before I started "treating' the neighbor cats.. So far -- the squirrels just cry from the woods when the cats are around.

The bush tits are smarter than your average Towie or finch. They also come right up to me and whine about the feeders..

Attachments

• 1605142127958.png
    1605142127958.png
    5 KB · Views: 38

Another example of dumb hyperbole:

The unfortunately named great tit has joined a long list of species that could soon disappear due to Earth’s rapidly warming climate.

It has been COOLING since 2016 with more forecasted for next year:

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

As for the birds, they have a large range:

View attachment 414928

LINK

Depends on whether they take advantage of a larger range -- doesn't it? Birds are fussy and habitual.. That's why there are rigid flyways and stop-overs. And nesting sites have to have the right conditions, species of food..

As for your temperature chart -- doesn't match the UAH satellite at all.. In fact, that's the ONLY system accurate and reliable enough to measure 0.03degC changes per year..

From the article --

Great tits aren’t the only fine-feathered friends feeling the heat from climate change. According to a report by Audobon, nearly two-thirds of America’s breeding avian species face extinction due to the global temperature spike.

Here's another GWarming inexplicable conundrum.. In the USA, we are losing 10s of thousands of acres of trees (multiple species) every year to enhanced bug/beetle threats attributed to GW.. However, the claim for bird extinction is loss of timely food supply due to changes in timing of seasons. If LARVAE is a primary food --

How can birds be endangered by LESS food availability at the same time bugs are chewing thru Massachusetts sized section of forest due to GW?? Need a couple warmers with a brain to explain this to me...

Presumably LARVAE are hatching earlier because of Global Warming so where is the "food deficit" for the Great Tit in Europe and Asia.. I'm ASSUMING they have similar "tree eating" issues there as well.

Bottom line is that the oft unspoken truth about the ever changing climate isn't really that it is changing because it always is, or even how MUCH it changes, as much as it may be about the RATE of change!

Given half a chance, the nature of life is adaptation and evolution, and while I hate to see any species disappear, when you consider that more species have lived and gone extinct long before man than are alive today, I've come to accept extinction as a NATURAL PROCESS of nature rather than something to mourn. Indeed, if its part of nature, then it serves a NECESSARY purpose.

View attachment 414878

Birds cope with year to year temperature VARIABILITY of +/- 8DegF in the temperate zones. In my state -- rarely is the temperature "normal".. Maybe 5 or 8 days a month.. The rest of the time -- it's swinging both sides of normal by 10 or 12DegF...

So in our lifetimes -- in NORTH AMERICA where the Global anomaly is not as high as elsewhere -- how much does a 2DegF mean shift affect their lives??

The unfortunately named great tit has joined a long list of species that could soon disappear due to Earth’s rapidly warming climate.

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

View attachment 414928

LINK

Depends on whether they take advantage of a larger range -- doesn't it? Birds are fussy and habitual.. That's why there are rigid flyways and stop-overs. And nesting sites have to have the right conditions, species of food..

As for your temperature chart -- doesn't match the UAH satellite at all.. In fact, that's the ONLY system accurate and reliable enough to measure 0.03degC changes per year..

The Chart is a COMPOSITE of the temperature data, it is seen in the link.

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

View attachment 414928

LINK

What's a composite and why is it needed? We're talking about GMAST (global mean annual surface temp) .. Its a simple month by month tally..]

There's no source discussion at "woodforTrees" and wouldn't expect to find one there.. And you know well that plotting GMAST since 2016 and claiming cooling is bogus anyways.. 2015/2016 was one of the longest lasting El Ninos in modern age recording..

Last edited:

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

View attachment 414928

LINK

What's a composite and why is it needed? We're talking about GMAST (global mean annual surface temp) .. Its a simple month by month tally..]

There's no source discussion at "woodforTrees" and wouldn't expect to find one there.. And you know well that plotting GMAST since 2016 and claiming cooling is bogus anyways.. 2015/2016 was one of the longest lasting El Ninos in modern age recording..

Sigh, here is what it says for the chart:

Wood For trees INDEX.

It was right there in front of you in the link.

======

This from the NOTES section of the website.

"WTI: The WoodForTrees Temperature Index
When playing around with temperature graphs, I always found myself having to choose which of the four global temperature sources - HADCRUT4, GISTEMP, UAH, RSS - to use. Since they all have their differences, particularly around short-term responses to extreme events like the 1998 El Nino, I thought it would be nice to have an average of all four...

Hence I've created the WoodForTrees Temperature Index (WTI). This is created from the mean of HADCRUT4GL, GISTEMP, RSS and UAH, offset by their baseline differences. It covers only the time period where all four series are valid, so begins in 1979 and will only contain the latest month's values when all four sources are in. It is updated from the master sources at 3am GMT/BST each night."

LINK

=====

Here is chart using UAH6:

1605154804850.png

LINK

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

View attachment 414928

LINK

Your graph starts at 2016.......But what happened before ????

View attachment 414878

Birds cope with year to year temperature VARIABILITY of +/- 8DegF in the temperate zones. In my state -- rarely is the temperature "normal".. Maybe 5 or 8 days a month.. The rest of the time -- it's swinging both sides of normal by 10 or 12DegF...

So in our lifetimes -- in NORTH AMERICA where the Global anomaly is not as high as elsewhere -- how much does a 2DegF mean shift affect their lives??

Well, that's just it, it doesn't. I'm in the mid-Atlantic and I hardly ever have a normal day. Seems we are always either +10°F above the mean norm or -10°F below it. We often say that we don't have any Spring because it goes from below normal with highs in the 50s then all of a sudden shoots up with the up-welling of Gulf heat and goes into the 80s--- a 30° swing almost overnight.

But then, that is the NORMAL cycle of climate around here for a very long time, so, all life is used to and prepared for that.

So it can't be that birds can't tolerate a range; my summer Robins arrive when there is still snow out-- -- so I suspect that whatever the real effects are of the changing climate, they are more allied with the long-term effects of those changes on the food supplies in a given area, nesting and living environment, insects and disease, and perhaps disruptions in their seasonal activities and secondary-related effects that gradually puts enough strain on the species to eventually make them nonviable, thus those that can adapt and cope with the changes survive, those that can't, don't.

Nature moves on.

View attachment 414923

LINK

BOOM!

======

View attachment 414928

LINK

Your graph starts at 2016.......But what happened before ????

He he he, even your own link from NASA shows it is COOLING since 2016.

Many times I have said it has been warming since 1979, since the mid 1880's, since the late 1600's, when it began it's now 3 centuries long warming.

This is what I QUOTED at post 10:

That is when I posted the nearly 5 year chart. It is a lie that it is rapidly warming and the warming rate barely changed since 1979, when the latest warming phase started.

NASA temperature index is a mess, with numerous changes in it, cooling the past, warming the present, they have nearly eliminated the well known COOLING trend from the 1940's to the 1970's, when the drop was around .6C, now it is nearly zero.

People like you try hard to remain ignorant of government fiddling with the data and lying to you about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back