Great new today....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
My daughter said she plans to home school my granddaughter. (now 1)
I am very glad to hear this. Her reasons are, why most parents who decided to home school, is the politically driven curriculum that has left so many of our current 20 somethings to not even like their own country. She is 30, and she sees the early 20 somethings coming into the work force with these beliefs. They got it from schools.

Relieved.

If I was smart enough to, I would home school any future children that I might have since the public school system sucks. Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to so I can't.

If I was smart enough to, I would home school any future children that I might have since the public school system sucks. Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to so I can't.
The same reason why you don't read books, walk and chew gum, or tie your own shoes.

Homeschooling isnt that difficult.
You get a curriculum and you know all the answers.
Kinda like a real school teacher.

Knowing all the answers does not help you teach someone how to get to those answers.

Hopefully your daughter is smarter than you or her kid is screwed

I would guess that homeschooling takes more time, patience and discipline than most parents have. Establishing teacher cred with the kids is also very important.

Knowing all the answers does not help you teach someone how to get to those answers.

Hopefully your daughter is smarter than you or her kid is screwed

So you're saying you're dumber than a 3rd grade teacher....
First of all I dont have a daughter,and second you're not allowed to trash family members.
When you have all the answers it's not difficult to teach them.

So you're saying you're dumber than a 3rd grade teacher....

I am saying there is more to teaching than just knowing the answers.

First of all I dont have a daughter,and second you're not allowed to trash family members.

Whoops, confused you for the OP. My bad

When you have all the answers it's not difficult to teach them.

Showing your ignorance again. Knowing the answers does not mean you know how to come to the answers.

I am saying there is more to teaching than just knowing the answers.

Whoops, confused you for the OP. My bad

Showing your ignorance again. Knowing the answers does not mean you know how to come to the answers.

Oh bullshit.
Any semi intelligent person can teach.
I give you Old Lady as an example. She didnt know alcohol was flammable fer fucks sake.
I taught new machinist many times and I found it rewarding.

Oh bullshit.
Any semi intelligent person can teach.

Any semi intelligent person can teach basic arithmetic and grammar, not such much after that.

I taught new machinist many times and I found it rewarding.

It was something you know how to do, more than just the answer to. Teaching someone geometry or physics is a tad different

Any semi intelligent person can teach basic arithmetic and grammar, not such much after that.

It was something you know how to do, more than just the answer to. Teaching someone geometry or physics is a tad different

So homeschool your kids until you reach a point that you're not able,then send them to private school.
Of course you might be surprised at how many people could teach their kids geometry or physics. Especially when you have a Mother and Father to draw info from.
And to be perfectly honest most people will use neither in the real world.

So homeschool your kids until you reach a point that you're not able,then send them to private school.
Of course you might be surprised at how many people could teach their kids geometry or physics. Especially when you have a Mother and Father to draw info from.
And to be perfectly honest most people will use neither in the real world.

So what part do you disagree with Unkotare?

Forum List

Back