Great Men Who Were Never Elected President

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I nominate Mitt Romney, whose personal integrity and leadership skills would certainly have ameliorated the paralytic gridlock we are now seeing in Washington, DC. Instead, we are headed towards an Armageddon of opposing political philosophies that will be very damaging to our country, regardless of who wins. It seems that the moral fiber of the people we have elected President has been lacking for a very long time.

Any other nominees?

I nominate Mitt Romney, whose personal integrity and leadership skills would certainly have ameliorated the paralytic gridlock we are now seeing in Washington, DC. Instead, we are headed towards an Armageddon of opposing political philosophies that will be very damaging to our country, regardless of who wins. It seems that the moral fiber of the people we have elected President has been lacking for a very long time.

Any other nominees?

One term Governor from Massachusetts

Does that make Dukakis a great man too?

Ben Franklin
Alexander Hamilton
Bobby Kennedy
George Marshall
Hubert Humphrey

Last edited:
Many great Americans were never elected POTUS...but, we know the most recent one is Ron Paul...hands down.

All those mentioned above including that fool from MA, are statists first and foremost. We need to eliminate statists from our government. But sadly, that will never happen.

A better question might be of all our presidents, which were truly great men? That list would be very very small.....

I heard old Ben was quite a womanizer.

It was the fake coonskin hat that drove them wild in Paris. BTW did you know there is a portrait of Ben Franklin in the Louve? King Louie gave one of his mistresses a chamber pot with Franklin's face painted on the bottom of the inside.

Forum List

Back