Governor DeSantis Backs The "Don't Say Gay" Bill

You don't, but the teacher should not be forbidden from every saying a single word about them. Like it or not, there are a lot of gay people out there and pretending they do not exist will not make them go away
I'm not pretending they don't exist. the bill itself seems to say do not teach it in school. great. don't teach me religion, don't teach me this crap.

focus on the core where our students are so far behind the world.

You don't, but the teacher should not be forbidden from every saying a single word about them. Like it or not, there are a lot of gay people out there and pretending they do not exist will not make them go away
theres more to the bill than the title.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday signaled support for a bill moving through the state legislature that would limit discussions of gender identity and sexual orientation in the classroom
where does it literally ban saying GAY?

Isn't that what this is saying?

Because schools focus too much on this and school should be a place where you learn facts and that everyone is either born a boy or a girl. Not about all the fake nonexistent genders out there. :rolleyes:
I disagree. A huge part of school is socialization. It’s where kids learn how to interact with other kids, follow instructions from authority figures and how to be accountable for their actions within society.

I disagree. A huge part of school is socialization. It’s where kids learn how to interact with other kids, follow instructions from authority figures and how to be accountable for their actions within society.
That is a very secondary issue, as opposed to the time wasted on topics MANY parents would rather control. Who should be in charge of what side issues find their way into the classroom?

THAT'S RIGHT!!! PARENTS!!!

theres more to the bill than the title.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday signaled support for a bill moving through the state legislature that would limit discussions of gender identity and sexual orientation in the classroom
where does it literally ban saying GAY?
The headline readers and reactors of the world don't need facts and details. All they need is a headline that confirms their biases and they're off to the races. Sad thing is, apparently they really believe it.

I'm not pretending they don't exist. the bill itself seems to say do not teach it in school. great. don't teach me religion, don't teach me this crap.

There is nothing wrong with teaching about religions in school. Religion plays a large part in the history of mankind. There is no reason to ignore it.

The same holds true of the fact there are gay people in the world

The headline readers and reactors of the world don't need facts and details. All they need is a headline that confirms their biases and they're off to the races. Sad thing is, apparently they really believe it.
they don't care. they just want to argue. even if they have to make up why.

There is nothing wrong with teaching about religions in school. Religion plays a large part in the history of mankind. There is no reason to ignore it.

The same holds true of the fact there are gay people in the world
where does the bill say DON'T SAY GAY?

and if religion and prayer is out of bounds in school, so is this shit.

Fair enough.

I just don't see the value in wasting time on that shit, when our nation is falling behind on important educational topics.

I agree we spend too much time on it, but I would also say there is more toe education than just the 3 Rs. One could argue there is no benefit to humanities classes in high school, I would disagree.

That is a very secondary issue, as opposed to the time wasted on topics MANY parents would rather control. Who should be in charge of what side issues find their way into the classroom?

The local school board should be in charge of what finds it way into the classroom.

but he is very sympathetic

:auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, but with all due respect,.. what in the world does sexual orientation have to do with anything you need to learn in school and prepare for in life? Shouldn't parents be the ones to teach their kids this? If Jesus Christ isn't allowed in school then why are drag queens?

But a teacher should not tell you how to feel about your penis.

Totally! All a teacher's job is to tell their students what it is and what it does, not whether or not you're happy with it if you were born with it. Same with girls and their vaginas.

Forum List

Back