Government to regulate the NFL out of existence

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Bernard Pollard of Baltimore Ravens -- NFL will not exist in 30 years - ESPN

The hard-hitting Baltimore Ravens safety told CBSSports.com recently that he doesn't believe the league will be in existence in 30 years because of rules changes instituted in an effort to make the game safer, and the chance a player might die on the field as players continue to get stronger and faster.

"Thirty years from now, I don't think it will be in existence. I could be wrong. It's just my opinion, but I think with the direction things are going -- where [NFL rules makers] want to lighten up, and they're throwing flags and everything else -- there's going to come a point where fans are going to get fed up with it," he told the website.

The Players and the Fans think it's a Game that should stick with tradition, the Owners think it's a TV show that needs it's "Stars" to be protected and the "show" to be tweaked for ratings and advertising revenue.

A long time ago Jack Kent Cooke said that the NFL was a commodity and that they are "selling product".

Did you hear about former Raiders Jerry Rice and (someone else) who said the Raiders threw the last Super Bowl they were in? I wouldn't doubt it.

The hard-hitting Baltimore Ravens safety told CBSSports.com recently that he doesn't believe the league will be in existence in 30 years because of rules changes instituted in an effort to make the game safer, and the chance a player might die on the field as players continue to get stronger and faster.

"Thirty years from now, I don't think it will be in existence. I could be wrong. It's just my opinion, but I think with the direction things are going -- where [NFL rules makers] want to lighten up, and they're throwing flags and everything else -- there's going to come a point where fans are going to get fed up with it," he told the website.

I see that the NFL is not immune from HYPOCRISY.

Bernard Pollard has a reputation as being one of the dirtiest cheap-shot artists in the NFL, and he is complaining about rules changes to make the game SAFER?

Pollard is a sociopath. Hopefully the rules changes will make THUGS like him obsolete.

Actually, this has nothing to do with the government regulating anything.

It has to do with the NFL changing rules in order to protect themselves from lawsuits filed by former players.

It has to do with the NFL changing rules in order to protect themselves from lawsuits filed by former players.

Yup... gee.. I didn't know I could get hurt playing football.

Yup... gee.. I didn't know I could get hurt playing football.

I think everyone who has played the game knows they can get hurt.

The problem lies in what did the NFL know about concussions and what did it hide from the players, especially the long-term effects of concussions.

Back in the day, you were expected to return to the game if you got one (and that's just me saying that from personal experience playing in high school and college.)

How much of that led to the long-term health problems of players, is what is at the heart of the law suit and now the league is bending over backwards to prove tht they do care and take injuries seriously.

At the end of the day, it's all about the money.

"Players continue to get stronger and faster"? How come I think this is hint to another Lance Armstrong deal? (Laughs)

Anyhow, I believe NFL took itself out when it went prowrestling. Notice how it forced out top 2012 teams such as the Houston Texans just so it can have a "historic" showdown between the Harbaugh brothers? Tsk, tsk, tsk!

The Players and the Fans think it's a Game that should stick with tradition, the Owners think it's a TV show that needs it's "Stars" to be protected and the "show" to be tweaked for ratings and advertising revenue.

A long time ago Jack Kent Cooke said that the NFL was a commodity and that they are "selling product".

Did you hear about former Raiders Jerry Rice and (someone else) who said the Raiders threw the last Super Bowl they were in? I wouldn't doubt it.

Still true. The NFL is a business before anything else.

If anyone has another model for getting the best athletes together to compete, I'd love to know what it is. Otherwise, we're stuck with people like the team owners.

I think they're going to come up with better equipment that will take some of the danger out of the game without interfering with the players' intensity. There have to be ways to make helmets better, for example.

"Players continue to get stronger and faster"? How come I think this is hint to another Lance Armstrong deal? (Laughs)

Anyhow, I believe NFL took itself out when it went prowrestling. Notice how it forced out top 2012 teams such as the Houston Texans just so it can have a "historic" showdown between the Harbaugh brothers? Tsk, tsk, tsk!

You really believe that? I thought the Texans were barely a playoff team.

NFL could spend the off-season playing defense on Capitol Hill

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The National Football League and its players could have a busy off-season on Capitol Hill once the clock runs out on this weekend’s Super Bowl extravaganza.

Members of Congress have questioned the league’s lack of testing for performance-enhancing drugs, and have voiced concerns about the head injuries that players suffer on the field.

The scrutiny has picked up in recent days with threats of congressional hearings and a headline-grabbing remark from President Obama about injuries in the game.

The NFL is well prepared for whatever comes its way. The league has amassed a war chest to build alliances with lawmakers, and fields a team of lobbyists who know the Washington playbook.

Post Continues on thehill.com

Read more: NFL could spend the off-season playing defense on Capitol Hill ? Patriot Update

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/265116-pussification-of-america.html

...:eek:

Forum List

Back