Government Free Gun Lessons

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Why don't we do that? Gun grabbers always come up with the canard that if everyone was armed they'd just shoot each other. Why not take some 'pork money' and give vouchers to people who own guns so they can pay for training? Encourage people to own, maintain and learn to handle their firearms. The 2nd amendment agrees with me.

Why don't we do that? Gun grabbers always come up with the canard that if everyone was armed they'd just shoot each other. Why not take some 'pork money' and give vouchers to people who own guns so they can pay for training? Encourage people to own, maintain and learn to handle their firearms. The 2nd amendment agrees with me.

Okay, let's go there. We will use the two different approaches in CCW Training.

Option 1 The One I like the best is a 3 or 4 day course where you get 100 live rounds on a range. You have to bring your own personal fire arm. Many fail this course. So what do they do they go to option 2

Option 2 4 hours of classroom only where you are given dummy rounds to load and reload. If you don't own a gun, they'll provide you with one. So you spend a single morning and anyone that spends that morning gets a certificate to turn into the Sheriffs office who will issue the CCW Permit.

As important as the CCW is, which method do you want to see? Chances are, both methods will be made available and you are going to have one group that really is safe and responsible while you have the other group that is dangerous to everyone around them including themselves.

Option 1 The One I like the best is a 3 or 4 day course where you get 100 live rounds on a range. You have to bring your own personal fire arm. Many fail this course. So what do they do they go to option 2

Option 2 4 hours of classroom only where you are given dummy rounds to load and reload. If you don't own a gun, they'll provide you with one. So you spend a single morning and anyone that spends that morning gets a certificate to turn into the Sheriffs office who will issue the CCW Permit.

As important as the CCW is, which method do you want to see? Chances are, both methods will be made available and you are going to have one group that really is safe and responsible while you have the other group that is dangerous to everyone around them including themselves.

The training I propose will not be contingent upon owning a firearm, the free courses would be for people who already own guns. On thing, they have to be citizens and not felons. We want to train law abiding people but, not demand any qualification to own a firearm in order to not run afoul of the 2nd amendment. Guns have been a part of traditional American life going back centuries. Somewhere along the line, those who want ultimate power have campaigned to take them away. We are currently being kept defenseless by those who want to disarm law abiding American citizens.

The Nazis disarmed 'unreliable persons (AKA Jews) and any one else Hitler decided to disarm. Can we now please call gun-grabbers Nazis?

The training I propose will not be contingent upon owning a firearm, the free courses would be for people who already own guns. On thing, they have to be citizens and not felons. We want to train law abiding people but, not demand any qualification to own a firearm in order to not run afoul of the 2nd amendment. Guns have been a part of traditional American life going back centuries. Somewhere along the line, those who want ultimate power have campaigned to take them away. We are currently being kept defenseless by those who want to disarm law abiding American citizens.

Won't work. You either make it a requirement for everyone whether they currently own a gun or for those that want to purchase a gun or you completely remove the requirement for all like it is today. You would run afoul of more than a few Amendments with your method. It's all or nothing.

I am not saying I agree with the requirements but I didn't bring it up.

The Nazis disarmed 'unreliable persons (AKA Jews) and any one else Hitler decided to disarm. Can we now please call gun-grabbers Nazis?

Yet according to the rightwinggunnutters, they would remove all the guns from the left. Does that apply to them as well?

'nutters' will say anything whether they be left or right Daryl. Why would you use a miniscule portion of the American public to make such a stupid point? No one I know has said anything like you claim. I mean, I could say that the Wal Mart shooter was a raging Environmentalist 'nutter' 'Greenie' as well and paint all "Greenies" as 'nutters' as an excuse to take their rights away. Would that be OK with you?

I rook JROTC in high school, back in the late 1970s to early 1980s. Part of this course included training on the safe and proper handling of firearms.

I have long held the opinion that such training ought to be a part of every public school curriculum. This way, anyone who was an adult could be presumed to have been trained in the safe and proper handling of rms, and this would then eliminate any excuses on the part of government to use alleged training requirements as an excuse to limit citizens' Second Amendment rights.

Forum List

Back