Government By Tantrum: Trump Threatens To Declare Another Emergency To Expand His Power

When Donald Trump couldn’t get the money he wanted through Congress to support his fiction of a border invasion, he dragged out the National Emergency Act and simply obtained that money … by taking it away from funds supposed to build housing, hospitals, and schools for U.S. troops and their families.

The Emergency Economic Powers Act was created to restrict the powers of the executive, which had been given carte blanche to lock down assets and restrict trade under the Trading With The Enemy Act that went back to World War I. This wasn’t an act to give the president more power over American companies. It was an act to give him less.

Government by tantrum: Trump threatens to declare another emergency to expand his power

Let’s see if Mr. guts and glory takes any unconstitutional actions against an American company.
Gotta use all the weapons in your arsenal when trying to restore American greatness.

If it helps America, declaring these national emergencies is a good thing. Maybe he could declare a national emergency in order to obtain Greenland. Lot's of new mining projects in the works there.

Though I don't necessarily approve of the tariffs and all the chest thumping on Twitter, Trump is the first politician -let alone president- who has acted as though this nation's economic health is more important than that of foreign adversaries....I used to believe that unilateral free trade would end up freeing the people but in this case, it's easy for me to see that this belief is in error.

The problem is that his actions are doing the damage to our economic health. Our current trade deals is what led us to the longest period of economic expansion in the countries history, they are what led to the longest period of positive job growth in our counties history, they are what led to record low unemployment and more open jobs than people to fill them.
Shipping jobs and trillions of dollars to China has led to our economic growth?...Are you fucking daft?

The proof is in the pudding, all those things that you seem to think are terrible happened under the current trade deals.

The jobs that left were replaced with other jobs, and we as a consumer economy took advantage of the cheap labor of another country to do our grunt work, all the while thriving as a country.

123 months of economic expansion...the longest in our countries history...and you call that a bad thing.

106 months straight of positive job growth....the longest in our countries history...and you call that a bad thing.

43 straight months under 5% unemployment rate...and you call that a bad thing.

I am not a Dem, not a member of the Democratic party nor have any impact on the Democratic party.

One more time for the really stupid....WE HAVE A MILLION MORE MORE OPEN JOBS THAN PEOPLE TO FILL THEM.

Do you think you are impressing anyone with your simpleton view of open jobs vs local communities devastated by stupid shit liberal policies? Did you flunk geography?

Then fucking move. it is not a complicated thing. quit making excuses for why you are a lazy fucking slob without a job.

LMAO I love it, keep talking and demonstrating that you don't give a shit about the working class Dem or Rep. :eusa_clap:

I have no sympathy for laze fucks like you who refuse to take any action to better their lives.

I grew up poor in a tax and spend liberal shithole where Dem's taxed the crap out of us, keeping us down and dependent. So I packed up and moved. Today I'm in the 3% paying more in taxes than you earn at a $40 billion a year global company. That's how you deal with Dem's, you leave. Poor NY they no longer get one penny from me :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The top 10 biggest shit holes in the country are in red states. The top 20 poorest districts in the country are red districts that vote overwhelmingly Republican.

Do you think you are impressing anyone with your simpleton view of open jobs vs local communities devastated by stupid shit liberal policies? Did you flunk geography?

Then fucking move. it is not a complicated thing. quit making excuses for why you are a lazy fucking slob without a job.

LMAO I love it, keep talking and demonstrating that you don't give a shit about the working class Dem or Rep. :eusa_clap:

I have no sympathy for laze fucks like you who refuse to take any action to better their lives.

I grew up poor in a tax and spend liberal shithole where Dem's taxed the crap out of us, keeping us down and dependent. So I packed up and moved. Today I'm in the 3% paying more in taxes than you earn at a $40 billion a year global company. That's how you deal with Dem's, you leave. Poor NY they no longer get one penny from me :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The top 10 biggest shit holes in the country are in red states. The top 20 poorest districts in the country are red districts that vote overwhelmingly Republican.
False.

Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles are in red states?

When Donald Trump couldn’t get the money he wanted through Congress to support his fiction of a border invasion, he dragged out the National Emergency Act and simply obtained that money … by taking it away from funds supposed to build housing, hospitals, and schools for U.S. troops and their families.

The Emergency Economic Powers Act was created to restrict the powers of the executive, which had been given carte blanche to lock down assets and restrict trade under the Trading With The Enemy Act that went back to World War I. This wasn’t an act to give the president more power over American companies. It was an act to give him less.

Government by tantrum: Trump threatens to declare another emergency to expand his power

Let’s see if Mr. guts and glory takes any unconstitutional actions against an American company.
Whoops

Yet there are many like you that want the free shit...go figure.

Name one "free shit" thing I have ever supported.

It is you and people like you that are the freeloads. People like you fully support the country spending far more than it brings and and not giving a fuck about leaving the bill for our kids and grandkids.

You fricken clowns are all the same. You support candidates who are all about the free shit, then all of a sudden it's "I never said that". Cut the crap dumbass.

Though I don't necessarily approve of the tariffs and all the chest thumping on Twitter, Trump is the first politician -let alone president- who has acted as though this nation's economic health is more important than that of foreign adversaries....I used to believe that unilateral free trade would end up freeing the people but in this case, it's easy for me to see that this belief is in error.

The problem is that his actions are doing the damage to our economic health. Our current trade deals is what led us to the longest period of economic expansion in the countries history, they are what led to the longest period of positive job growth in our counties history, they are what led to record low unemployment and more open jobs than people to fill them.
Shipping jobs and trillions of dollars to China has led to our economic growth?...Are you fucking daft?

The proof is in the pudding, all those things that you seem to think are terrible happened under the current trade deals.

The jobs that left were replaced with other jobs, and we as a consumer economy took advantage of the cheap labor of another country to do our grunt work, all the while thriving as a country.

123 months of economic expansion...the longest in our countries history...and you call that a bad thing.

106 months straight of positive job growth....the longest in our countries history...and you call that a bad thing.

43 straight months under 5% unemployment rate...and you call that a bad thing.

Ok, here is the "big picture" we're trying to convey to you.
1. The US has been living on borrowed money, just like someone maxing out all of their credit cards, they think its great, life is good, they make minimum payments and are happy as clams.
2. What they and apparently you don't see is that too many US factories have been moved over seas to China, and China has a major trade surplus such that they are developing a super-power military using the US money. China is raking in trillions in cash, and the US is borrowing trillions in cash. Currently the US is paying about $363b (2019) just for interest on the US Debt, and paying China who is buying that Debt.
3. Trump is right to take back some of those manufacturing jobs, and intellectual property that China has been taking.
4. Addressing the points in your post:

• If China only made clothes and sneakers you would be correct, cheap labor is good, but that isn't the case. China is taking high tech jobs from the US and doing state of the art research, such as AI, 5G, etc.
  • The 123 months of expansion were using borrowed money, the expansion is good, the Debt is bad
  • Same for job growth, and <5% unemployment, like when Clinton was bragging about his job creation, and someone in the audience said "yeah, and my wife and I have four of them". The US needs to keep its technological leadership and not subsidize China.
Trump wants more companies to move out of China and back to the US.
Not the sneakers and clothing jobs, but the high-tech and research jobs.
That is a very good thing, even if the trade war causes some short-term pain.
The "no action" option, like for Obama, Bush, and Clinton, means that China becomes the new global super-power as the US fades when Medicare goes bankrupt (2026), Social Security pays 80% of benefits (2034), and the National Debt creates a budget crisis when interest on the Debt crowds out other Budget items, like Welfare, Medicaid, Defense, Education, etc.

Forum List

Back