Gov. Newsom asks Californians to cut water use by 15%

The simple fact is that California is almost all desert. The climate will not support 40 million humans in the long term without some drastic and costly changes and innovations. Governor Pat Brown foresaw this many decades ago, and proposed a comprehensive plan of reservoirs, aqueducts, and so on, intended to capture, retain, and use as much water as God decided to give to California, but short term financial expediencies prevented the Golden State from implementing the plan fully.

Further, much water is wasted in order to save various forms of fish, which is insane.

There's always seawater de-sal, but that is expensive as hell and requires gobs of electricity. One cannot expect realistic plans or solutions from a Leftist government, so we in the other states can just look on and smile. Fuck 'em.
There is always population control-----namely by not allowing illegals in or counting their trash offspring as citizens.

Is there an honest independent agency with the power to monitor government use of water including the governor's mansion? My guess is no.

It's not just California with this problem. It's hitting the entire southwest.
Nobody else is restricting water.

They're going to, they won't have a choice. California's biggest challenge is that not only are they in a drought they also have the largest agricultural industry in the U.S. So, while you guys wish the worst for California you'll be feeling the effects of it in your wallets.

This is what happens when you take a state that commonly has water shortages, and make the Almond industry a prominent fixture in their economy. Almonds take thousands and thousands of gallons a month to grow. they are one of the main issues of why there is such a water shortage for everyday people. and yet because of the importance and their lobbying influence the Almond industry isn't subject to the same shortages and limitations on water. They get all the water for themselves and fuck anyone who says they otherwise.

Ironically it's the liberal hippies with their vegan lifestyle who are the main reasons why the Almond industry has mud such power in California. play the mouse the dairy industry but the Almond industry that they have held up because of their love of almond milk causes just as many issues

This is what happens when you take a state that commonly has water shortages, and make the Almond industry a prominent fixture in their economy. Almonds take thousands and thousands of gallons a month to grow. they are one of the main issues of why there is such a water shortage for everyday people. and yet because of the importance and their lobbying influence the Almond industry isn't subject to the same shortages and limitations on water. They get all the water for themselves and fuck anyone who says they otherwise.

Ironically it's the liberal hippies with their vegan lifestyle who are the main reasons why the Almond industry has mud such power in California. play the mouse the dairy industry but the Almond industry that they have held up because of their love of almond milk causes just as many issues

Idiot. Everybody including rabid meat eaters like almonds.

But I agree California should take a harder look at the crops they grow. Those farmers are more often than not Republican and I'm sure more than a couple of wingnuts will claim something about fascists in California telling farmers what they can and can't grow.

But I agree California should take a harder look at the crops they grow. Those farmers are more often than not Republican and I'm sure more than a couple of wingnuts will claim something about fascists in California telling farmer what they can and can't grow.
yes a lot of you will do like almonds but vegans eat at least 20 times more than anyone else because of their heavy use of almond milk. California uses more almonds than most other states combined. and the Almond industry is one of their main agricultural Industries.

Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
You can live without trains, not so without water.
are you backing off what you said about the earthquakes and trains?....

But I agree California should take a harder look at the crops they grow. Those farmers are more often than not Republican and I'm sure more than a couple of wingnuts will claim something about fascists in California telling farmer what they can and can't grow.
yes a lot of you will do like almonds but vegans eat at least 20 times more than anyone else because of their heavy use of almond milk. California uses more almonds than most other states combined. and the Almond industry is one of their main agricultural Industries.
Twenty times more? Are you sure? Cuz there are all kinds of plant based milks, Almond is kind of passé.

Anyway, I'd be careful about making claims.

1625884416180.png

Maybe those hippies know a thing or two.

But I agree California should take a harder look at the crops they grow. Those farmers are more often than not Republican and I'm sure more than a couple of wingnuts will claim something about fascists in California telling farmers what they can and can't grow.
there are a lot of farmers who are democrats too...maybe about half or close to it..........

there are a lot of farmers who are democrats too...maybe about half or close to it..........
Which counties vote red?

Other governors aren't asking this from their citizens, why can't Newsom serve the people like he's supposed to?

Which counties vote red?
in central California it was pretty even.....

1625921684841.png

Which counties vote red?
in central California it was pretty even.....

View attachment 510998

Considering how polarizing Trump is you're better off looking at House seats.

1625924296771.png

1625924362338.png

1625924956542.png

Last edited:
I've never seen the western reservoirs ie mead, powell this low. Powell is at only 30 something capacity. Hoover dam may not have enough water to generate electricity in three months. Its currently running at a decreased 25 percent capacity.

We'll see how well the rest of the country fares when the drought causes a reduction in all that typical California produce on the grocer's shelves.

The agriculture industry accounts for 80% of total water consumption in the state.

Last edited:
Instead of wasting billions on a high speed rail line from LA to SF, over numerous fault lines, why not build desalination plants and pump the water to rebuilt reservoirs? How would you like to ride at 200 mph on a train during a earthquake? What were they thinking? You can get flights for $49.00. They need to stay out of the sun or at least wear a hat.
japan has earthquakes and they have high speed trains...you dont stop living just because you live where earthquakes happen.....
Except Japan doesn’t spend over a billion dollars for a decade and not even have a few miles of rail running over open flat ground.
thats not the point of my comment....tedub said riding a train in earthquake country is kinda dangerous......when you live around earthquakes you learn how to live with them and build better infrastructure with earthquake standards....
Sorry Harry , I was out there after the "World Series" quake. I saw firsthand driving from SF to LA how the infrastructure held up.

You can live without trains, not so without water.
are you backing off what you said about the earthquakes and trains?....
Not at all.

Forum List

Back