Gov. Mike Huckabee(R)

Please dont curse, this board needs to rise above the level of the gutter, and cursing by anyone doesnt help.

IF you're going to quote something and pass it off as your own by NOT including links in it, at least have the common decency to pull all the fucking garbage out of it before you post it, eh?

Nevadamedic is hitting you with a barrage of neg reps?, is anyone else?

I wish gunny would either regulate the reps or get rid of them.

I dont like abuse of the system, by anyone against anyone.

You could make that arguement about pretty much any 'party'.

With each party comes a certain ideology, or ideologies, that most closely defines it. Obviously over the years the ideologies have changed for each party, but when it comes to Republican, Libertarian has ALWAYS been a facet of it.

In this case, Nevadamedic made himself look like a fool. And it's not the first time he/she has done that in the same exact situation.

You will see "Libertarian" as a candidate choice on the presidential ticket during election time, but you won't see "Conservative" as a party choice.

I hope Nevadamedic understands this now.

Feel free to hit me with 20 more negative reputations now, Nevadamedic, like you like doing when someone makes you look stupid.

Dont be a schmuck, you know, if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all.

This is a political message board, not jerrys springers message board, why cant more of you people, get this through your skulls?.

Yo dude, this guy has already been told that he's wrong about his political knowledge in this case, and once again he goes and makes the same statement about Libertarian and Conservative. I'll dig up the other one if I have to.

It angers me, and many others here as well, when people like him/her pump up, or trash, a candidate using that kind of reasoning when it's so obviously erroneous. Not to mention the fact that this guy is the one who has been going on a neg-rep frenzy on me for no reason other than spite. I left him nameless in that other thread, but since you called me out on that post, I will drop his name now, in my own defense.

And aren't you the guy who makes threads derogatively labelling mexicans?

That's not very nice, actsnoblemartin.

May I ask, what you are talking about ?

Given that I didn't address the question to you, I'm not sure it's really any of your business..

However, while we're at it.. You're sitting here daring to tell someone not to swear on a message board, which basically implies they should behave in a mannner you find fitting. However, your OWN behavior leaves an awful lot to be desired by the masses, don'tcha think?

Dont be a schmuck, you know, if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all.

This is a political message board, not jerrys springers message board, why cant more of you people, get this through your skulls?.

Don't suppose it ever occured to you to clean the shit out of your own back yard before you start commenting on the condition of someone elses?

I sent him a private message telling him, he needs to stop, and also, I dont like lying, or erroneousness, and I am not the one making negative threads about mexicans.

That is one mean spirited post, that was way too harsh. Spanish is not a pig language, and I should not have cursed, that was my mistake, and i take full responsibility for thuggish actions on that post, but I do not make habitual threads against mexicans. The thread is against illegal aliens, and to be fair, anyone who doesnt learn english, legal or not.

Its not just spanish im against, its any language other then english being spoken in public around non native language speakers, I believe all immigrants should come here legally, and learn english.

I should have just said it like that. Instead, I acted like a jerk. Sometimes I act like a jerk, I dont pretend, Im not a jerk. However, I do strive to be as nice as i can, and the majority of the time, if you look at all my threads, you will see, most of them, are not like the threads you showed me. Im sure I could find atleast one mean post, from every member of the board, no one is perfect, nor do i pretend to be either.

Yo dude, this guy has already been told that he's wrong about his political knowledge in this case, and once again he goes and makes the same statement about Libertarian and Conservative. I'll dig up the other one if I have to.

It angers me, and many others here as well, when people like him/her pump up, or trash, a candidate using that kind of reasoning when it's so obviously erroneous. Not to mention the fact that this guy is the one who has been going on a neg-rep frenzy on me for no reason other than spite. I left him nameless in that other thread, but since you called me out on that post, I will drop his name now, in my own defense.

And aren't you the guy who makes threads derogatively labelling mexicans?

That's not very nice, actsnoblemartin.

This is not about my personal behavior. If i followed your conclusion to its logical end, nobody should ever say anything or judge anyone, or their behavior, even mine. Because be definition, we are all hypocrites. None of us will ever be good enough, atleast in your eyes, from what i can gather by what i read in this post by you, to ever judge or say anything, and with all due respect ms. shattered, we cannot have a healthy society, without healthy bounderies.

Don't suppose it ever occured to you to clean the shit out of your own back yard before you start commenting on the condition of someone elses?

Let me be clear, I rarely neg rep anyone, and usually, I neg rep only if they do it to me first, occasionally, I will neg rep first, but not very often. Secondly, Im sorry if i wasnt clear before, but i am asking people to take the language of this board, out of the gutter, and into more intellectual areas, by asking them not to cuss.

My thread, had nothing to do with any one individuals behaviour, and certainly not my behavior, because out of everyone on the board, since you want to compare, i cuss probably the least.

Every time I challenge, please, please, please, try to stay on topic. My personal life, or behavior has nothing to do with any topic i post about, or reply to, Neither does yours really, unless I call you out on a specific thread or behavior in that lone thread, or you do the same to me.

Its not about , im better then you, more noble then you, or vice versa, i just want the board to be less crappy.

Im not trying to be rude, or mean , to anyone, and i wish you would quit being so defensive with me, and just relax a bit. :)

Given that I didn't address the question to you, I'm not sure it's really any of your business..

However, while we're at it.. You're sitting here daring to tell someone not to swear on a message board, which basically implies they should behave in a mannner you find fitting. However, your OWN behavior leaves an awful lot to be desired by the masses, don'tcha think?

Let ME be clear after having read the last couple of pages of this thread:

One of us is abusing the rep system, and just in case anyone has a question, yes I CAN read member's rep comments and who they are given to, and have done so.

I suggest all involved take a quick refresher look at the rules. The last member to not heed the warning went to "0" rep in the amount of time it took to type it in.

Any questions concerning this matter can be addressed to me via PM.

The Other Man From Hope
Mike Huckabee, the likable longshot in the Republican presidential race.
by Terry Eastland
08/13/2007, Volume 012, Issue 45

Muscatine, Iowa
Here in this small but engaging river city, known for its watermelons and sunsets, Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas and now a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, wants the two dozen Iowans seated around him in Green's Tea and Coffee to know that he's "leading" in the polls. This is startling news, since Huckabee has never polled above single digits in any survey. But Huckabee proceeds to explain. He cites the AP's interpretation of a recent Associated Press-Ipsos poll saying that no top-tier candidate--not Rudy Giuliani or John McCain or Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson--did better than "none of the above." Pausing, Huckabee announces, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am †none of the above.'"

Laughter fills the spacious room at Green's Tea, which offers a splendid view of the Mississippi. The crowd warms to the Arkansan, and you can see why Huckabee gets high marks for "likability." This asset is not lost on his aides, one of whom came up with a bumper sticker declaring, "I Like Mike." It's an inspired choice. Not only do you have rhyme, but the three words echo the slogan of a Republican (Dwight D. Eisenhower, in case you asked) whose nickname was "Ike." Mike, of course, would like to be like Ike, who was twice elected president.

The poll Huckabee cites doesn't really bear the interpretation that the wire service gave it. "None of the above" was not an actual option someone could pick, but "don't know" and "not sure" and "none"
were, and the percentage of Republicans choosing those options, which the AP story added up and characterized as favoring "none of the above," was the largest. Presumably, if the pollsters had pushed respondents on which way they were leaning, more would have named a candidate.

Be that as it may, the AP-Ipsos poll, when compared with an earlier one, does suggest more uncertainty among Republicans regarding who their nominee should be, and Huckabee would take that as a sign of what he says he sees on the campaign trail--increasing dissatisfaction among Republican voters with the top-tier candidates. Indeed, Huckabee believes, as he proceeds to tell the crowd here at Green's Tea, that there is a "crisis in our Republican party." By that he means "people are confused as to why it is we are Republicans and what it is we are supposed to do to get elected." Huckabee makes this point everywhere he goes, and this warm sunny day in late July finds him, after Muscatine, in Washington, Ottumwa, and Mt. Pleasant.

In an interview aboard his rented Winnebago, Huckabee--who is 51, has been married to Janet for 33 years, and has three grown children--says his strategy is to stay in the race as long as it takes for the party to figure out its "purpose and direction" and realize that the top-tier candidates would disappoint as president and that he is the best choice. "I know deep down that I meet the criteria for what I think the Republican base is looking for in a candidate and frankly what the American people are looking for in a president."
story coninuted.......

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/951kqrer.asp

The Weekly Standard?

Christ, that's the mecca for neo-conservatism.

I understand that Huckabee is for abolishing the IRS (just like Ron Paul)...

I can't take an article seriously if it comes from the Weekly Standard of all places, and it's a favorable opinion on a man who wants to abolish the IRS.

You can't be a war mongerer, and not have the citizen slaves of the United States paying for your wars with their tax dollars.

Something isn't right about this article.

EDIT: or is Huckabee just trying to copy Ron with the IRS abolition issue, just like so many other candidates are trying to copy Ron on issues as well. Maybe it's because they feel the public approval of Ron growing, and they want desperately to be a part of it.

Now Romney is comparing himself to Reagan too. So now that's Fred, and Mitt-Flop, both trying to compare themselves to Reagan, even though they're nothing like him. Ron has been compared to Reagan his entire career, and Reagan himself has advocated for Ron.

What a sorry bunch of candidates.

The Other Man From Hope
Mike Huckabee, the likable longshot in the Republican presidential race.
by Terry Eastland
08/13/2007, Volume 012, Issue 45

Muscatine, Iowa
Here in this small but engaging river city, known for its watermelons and sunsets, Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas and now a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, wants the two dozen Iowans seated around him in Green's Tea and Coffee to know that he's "leading" in the polls. This is startling news, since Huckabee has never polled above single digits in any survey. But Huckabee proceeds to explain. He cites the AP's interpretation of a recent Associated Press-Ipsos poll saying that no top-tier candidate--not Rudy Giuliani or John McCain or Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson--did better than "none of the above." Pausing, Huckabee announces, "Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am †none of the above.'"

Laughter fills the spacious room at Green's Tea, which offers a splendid view of the Mississippi. The crowd warms to the Arkansan, and you can see why Huckabee gets high marks for "likability." This asset is not lost on his aides, one of whom came up with a bumper sticker declaring, "I Like Mike." It's an inspired choice. Not only do you have rhyme, but the three words echo the slogan of a Republican (Dwight D. Eisenhower, in case you asked) whose nickname was "Ike." Mike, of course, would like to be like Ike, who was twice elected president.

The poll Huckabee cites doesn't really bear the interpretation that the wire service gave it. "None of the above" was not an actual option someone could pick, but "don't know" and "not sure" and "none"
were, and the percentage of Republicans choosing those options, which the AP story added up and characterized as favoring "none of the above," was the largest. Presumably, if the pollsters had pushed respondents on which way they were leaning, more would have named a candidate.

Be that as it may, the AP-Ipsos poll, when compared with an earlier one, does suggest more uncertainty among Republicans regarding who their nominee should be, and Huckabee would take that as a sign of what he says he sees on the campaign trail--increasing dissatisfaction among Republican voters with the top-tier candidates. Indeed, Huckabee believes, as he proceeds to tell the crowd here at Green's Tea, that there is a "crisis in our Republican party." By that he means "people are confused as to why it is we are Republicans and what it is we are supposed to do to get elected." Huckabee makes this point everywhere he goes, and this warm sunny day in late July finds him, after Muscatine, in Washington, Ottumwa, and Mt. Pleasant.

In an interview aboard his rented Winnebago, Huckabee--who is 51, has been married to Janet for 33 years, and has three grown children--says his strategy is to stay in the race as long as it takes for the party to figure out its "purpose and direction" and realize that the top-tier candidates would disappoint as president and that he is the best choice. "I know deep down that I meet the criteria for what I think the Republican base is looking for in a candidate and frankly what the American people are looking for in a president."
story coninuted.......

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/951kqrer.asp

Are you paid by the Huckabee campaign? That's really all you've posted about on USMB.

It's funny you get so excited over a candidate who is so boring.

Are you paid by the Huckabee campaign? That's really all you've posted about on USMB.

It's funny you get so excited over a candidate who is so boring.

If boring means honest and genuine then I'll take that over your "exciting" and corrupt politician

IF you're going to quote something and pass it off as your own by NOT including links in it, at least have the common decency to pull all the fucking garbage out of it before you post it, eh?

I didn't post it as my own troll. Anyone who knows anything can tell the came from Wikipedia.

I didn't post it as my own troll. Anyone who knows anything can tell the came from Wikipedia.

Any fucking idiot knows that if you copy/paste something, you do a PORTION of it, and then link to the rest.

Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
Pronunciation: 'plA-j&-"rIz also -jE-&-
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -rized; -riz·ing
Etymology: plagiary
transitive verb : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
- pla·gia·riz·er noun

Any fucking idiot knows that if you copy/paste something, you do a PORTION of it, and then link to the rest.

transitive verb : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
- pla·gia·riz·er noun

Any idiot eh? So I guess you qualify then.

- pla·gia·riz·er noun

I am sure you know what Plagiarize means as that is the only way you made it through High School.

Forum List

Back