Gov. Mike Huckabee(R)

WTF? Huckabee is one of those guilty white Southerners who welcomes the "reconquista", and Brownback is an open-borders freakjob. They both need to get on the Special Republicans Short Bus with El Busho.

Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo are real conservatives. They're also both on their way to having more money than even some front-runners like McCain.

I agree with that except for the fact Ron Paul is not a Conservative, he is a Libertarian. He switched parties before he ran for Congress as he needed the Republican support to win. He still holds Libertarian values and he has labeled himself as a Libertarian-Conservative. He is a carpet bagging SOB. Reminds me of a President we once had maybe you will remember him no matter how hard you try to forget, does Jimmy Carter ring a bell? They are both pond scum.

How is that when Huckabee is currently in 3rd place in Iowa and tancredo barely has 1% of the vote and in some polls he doesnt even show up LOL maybe you need glasses and brain cells?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...l?hpid=topnews

The polls you are posting are BS polls. It has been posted on several websites including CNN that Tancredo is moving up in the polls faster then any other candidate. Unfortunatly I don't think any of the candidates will beat Romney with the exception of Guiliani. If you read the recap of the debate it doesn't mention Huckabee at all, but it mentions everyone else. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

The polls you are posting are BS polls. It has been posted on several websites including CNN that Tancredo is moving up in the polls faster then any other candidate. Unfortunatly I don't think any of the candidates will beat Romney with the exception of Guiliani. If you read the recap of the debate it doesn't mention Huckabee at all, but it mentions everyone else. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/1042a2IARepCaucus.pdf

Yeah, I think he's the GOPs best candidate for winning the white house.

Frankly, I think you guys should have a Huckabee/Brownback tickect. The two only real conservatives in the lineup. I don't think that ticket could be beat.

i look forword to the driving ms daisy ticket from your side....

I agree with that except for the fact Ron Paul is not a Conservative, he is a Libertarian. He switched parties before he ran for Congress as he needed the Republican support to win. He still holds Libertarian values and he has labeled himself as a Libertarian-Conservative. He is a carpet bagging SOB. Reminds me of a President we once had maybe you will remember him no matter how hard you try to forget, does Jimmy Carter ring a bell? They are both pond scum.

God DAMN you are an idiot.

I thought you were already schooled on the difference between political parties and ideologies?

Libertarian is a PARTY. Conservatism is an IDEOLOGY. You can be BOTH, but they are independent of one another.

And just so your uneducated ass knows, you aren't even CLOSE to a real republican without at least SOME Libertarian values.

Stop discussing politics, you don't understand it enough to even fake it.

I thought you were already schooled on the difference between political parties and ideologies?

Libertarian is a PARTY. Conservatism is an IDEOLOGY. You can be BOTH, but they are independent of one another.

And just so your uneducated ass knows, you aren't even CLOSE to a real republican without at least SOME Libertarian values.

LMFAO!!!!

I agree with that except for the fact Ron Paul is not a Conservative, he is a Libertarian. He switched parties before he ran for Congress as he needed the Republican support to win.

The more and more you post, the more and more you show a complete lack of knowledge regarding politics. I have never quite seen someone post so much yet prove they know so little.

Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian in 1988. LONG after he was first in Congress, in the 1970's. He was a Republican LONG before that. Your statement is absolutely false.

He still holds Libertarian values and he has labeled himself as a Libertarian-Conservative.

WRONG. He labels himself a Constitutionalist. It's not his fault the Neo-Con Republicans show a COMPLETE DISREGARD for the Constitution.

He is a carpet bagging SOB. Reminds me of a President we once had maybe you will remember him no matter how hard you try to forget, does Jimmy Carter ring a bell? They are both pond scum.

His ideology shares NOTHING with Carter. What the hell are you referring to?

Other people may be brainwashed, but you just have NO knowledge of politics WHATSOEVER.

Libertarianism is both a party and an ideology. I would call it more a system of belief or a faith that individual freedom and markets will bring on nirvana. I have debated it often on fullpolitics dot com. Google 'Why I Am Not a Libertarian'

Libertarianism is both a party and an ideology. I would call it more a system of belief or a faith that individual freedom and markets will bring on nirvana. I have debated it often on fullpolitics dot com. Google 'Why I Am Not a Libertarian'

You could make that arguement about pretty much any 'party'.

With each party comes a certain ideology, or ideologies, that most closely defines it. Obviously over the years the ideologies have changed for each party, but when it comes to Republican, Libertarian has ALWAYS been a facet of it.

In this case, Nevadamedic made himself look like a fool. And it's not the first time he/she has done that in the same exact situation.

You will see "Libertarian" as a candidate choice on the presidential ticket during election time, but you won't see "Conservative" as a party choice.

I hope Nevadamedic understands this now.

Feel free to hit me with 20 more negative reputations now, Nevadamedic, like you like doing when someone makes you look stupid.

You could make that arguement about pretty much any 'party'.

With each party comes a certain ideology, or ideologies, that most closely defines it. Obviously over the years the ideologies have changed for each party, but when it comes to Republican, Libertarian has ALWAYS been a facet of it.

In this case, Nevadamedic made himself look like a fool. And it's not the first time he/she has done that in the same exact situation.

You will see "Libertarian" as a candidate choice on the presidential ticket during election time, but you won't see "Conservative" as a party choice.

I hope Nevadamedic understands this now.

Feel free to hit me with 20 more negative reputations now, Nevadamedic, like you like doing when someone makes you look stupid.

How many times in a row did he neg rep you?

Fiscal record
Huckabee has been criticized for his fiscal record as governor. He increased state spending 65.3 percent from 1996 to 2004. He has also supported numerous tax hikes, prompting some conservative critics to accuse him of being a liberal in disguise.[25] The Cato Institute, a libertarian non-profit public policy research foundation,[26] gave him an F grade for spending and tax policy in 2006, and an overall grade of D for his governorship.[27]

Handling of the Wayne Dumond case
Huckabee has also come under criticism for his handling of the case of Wayne Dumond, a convicted rapist who was released during Huckabee's governorship and who subsequently sexually assaulted and murdered a woman in Missouri following his release.[29] Dumond's case had attracted national attention in the mid 1990s from critics of President Bill Clinton who felt the former Arkansas Governor had been too harsh with Dumond because Dumond's victim was a distant Clinton relative. Even before taking office, Huckabee met with Dumond's wife and privately announced his intention that Dumond be set free, stating his unhappiness with the way Clinton had handled the case (Dumond had been attacked and castrated by the local sheriff prior to his arrest for the rape).[30] On September 20, 1996, Huckabee publicly announced his intention of commuting Dumond's sentence. There was strong opposition to Huckabee's plan, leaving Huckabee in a difficult situation politically.[29] On October 31, 1996, Huckabee met privately with the parole board to talk about the Dumond case. Some members of the board have since stated that they were pressured to re-examine and vote in favor of Dumond's parole. On January 16, 1997, Dumond was granted parole, just five months after he had been rejected. Huckabee released a statement saying, "In light of the action of the board, my original intent to commute the sentence to time served is no longer relevant."[29] Huckabee has denied influencing the parole board in any way, but acknowledges some responsibility for signing Dumond's parole.[31] His full disclosure of the incident is described in his book From Hope to Higher Ground. At the opening of Huckabee's Des Moines headquarters in Iowa, a protester costumed as a prisoner carried a sign that read "Felons for Huckabee".[32]

[edit] Creation of Gift Registry
In November 2006, both Huckabee and his wife drew criticism for creating wedding registries in the amount of over $6000 at both the Target and Dillard's web sites, in conjunction with a housewarming party to celebrate a new house they had purchased in Little Rock. The Arkansas Times, which first reported the story, noted that wedding gifts represent one of the exceptions to a $100 cap on gifts to political leaders under Arkansas law.[34] Huckabee claimed that the registries were intended only for those who were invited to the event, that he was not involved in organizing the event, and that they were classified as wedding registries only because those sites did not have separate categories for housewarming parties.[35][36]

Wow, supporting the release of a Rapist and Murderer and going to commute his sentance. Boy this is someone I was as President.

Rapists and Pedophiles for Huckabee!

Fiscal record
Huckabee has been criticized for his fiscal record as governor. He increased state spending 65.3 percent from 1996 to 2004. He has also supported numerous tax hikes, prompting some conservative critics to accuse him of being a liberal in disguise.[25] The Cato Institute, a libertarian non-profit public policy research foundation,[26] gave him an F grade for spending and tax policy in 2006, and an overall grade of D for his governorship.[27]

Handling of the Wayne Dumond case
Huckabee has also come under criticism for his handling of the case of Wayne Dumond, a convicted rapist who was released during Huckabee's governorship and who subsequently sexually assaulted and murdered a woman in Missouri following his release.[29] Dumond's case had attracted national attention in the mid 1990s from critics of President Bill Clinton who felt the former Arkansas Governor had been too harsh with Dumond because Dumond's victim was a distant Clinton relative. Even before taking office, Huckabee met with Dumond's wife and privately announced his intention that Dumond be set free, stating his unhappiness with the way Clinton had handled the case (Dumond had been attacked and castrated by the local sheriff prior to his arrest for the rape).[30] On September 20, 1996, Huckabee publicly announced his intention of commuting Dumond's sentence. There was strong opposition to Huckabee's plan, leaving Huckabee in a difficult situation politically.[29] On October 31, 1996, Huckabee met privately with the parole board to talk about the Dumond case. Some members of the board have since stated that they were pressured to re-examine and vote in favor of Dumond's parole. On January 16, 1997, Dumond was granted parole, just five months after he had been rejected. Huckabee released a statement saying, "In light of the action of the board, my original intent to commute the sentence to time served is no longer relevant."[29] Huckabee has denied influencing the parole board in any way, but acknowledges some responsibility for signing Dumond's parole.[31] His full disclosure of the incident is described in his book From Hope to Higher Ground. At the opening of Huckabee's Des Moines headquarters in Iowa, a protester costumed as a prisoner carried a sign that read "Felons for Huckabee".[32]

[edit] Creation of Gift Registry
In November 2006, both Huckabee and his wife drew criticism for creating wedding registries in the amount of over $6000 at both the Target and Dillard's web sites, in conjunction with a housewarming party to celebrate a new house they had purchased in Little Rock. The Arkansas Times, which first reported the story, noted that wedding gifts represent one of the exceptions to a $100 cap on gifts to political leaders under Arkansas law.[34] Huckabee claimed that the registries were intended only for those who were invited to the event, that he was not involved in organizing the event, and that they were classified as wedding registries only because those sites did not have separate categories for housewarming parties.[35][36]

Wow, supporting the release of a Rapist and Murderer and going to commute his sentance. Boy this is someone I was as President.

Rapists and Pedophiles for Huckabee!

IF you're going to quote something and pass it off as your own by NOT including links in it, at least have the common decency to pull all the fucking garbage out of it before you post it, eh?

Dont be a schmuck, you know, if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all.

This is a political message board, not jerrys springers message board, why cant more of you people, get this through your skulls?.

Forum List

Back