Gov. Kristi Noem says former President Donald Trump doesn't offer 'best chance' for GOP

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Gov. Kristi Noem says former President Donald Trump doesn't offer 'best chance' for GOP

Gov. Kristi Noem has reservations about former President Donald Trump's bid for re-election.

Noem told The New York Times on Wednesday that she didn't think the former president, who filed paperwork Tuesday for another White House run, offered the "best chance" for the Republican Party in 2024.

"If we narrow our focus there, then we're not talking to every single American. Our job is not just to talk to people who love Trump or hate Trump. Our job is to talk to every single American," Noem told the Times while she was in Florida for the Republican Governor's Association meeting.

Yep, I think we need someone more level-headed to untangle the mess Tater & Co. have made. Trump is a lightning rod for drama.

Last edited:
Trump did a great job while in office. He should leave it at that. Quit while ahead.

If he persists, he's gonna jump the shark and not do a lick of good for the Republican party.

Gov. Kristi Noem has reservations about former President Donald Trump's bid for re-election.

Noem told The New York Times on Wednesday that she didn't think the former president, who filed paperwork Tuesday for another White House run, offered the "best chance" for the Republican Party in 2024.

"If we narrow our focus there, then we're not talking to every single American. Our job is not just to talk to people who love Trump or hate Trump. Our job is to talk to every single American," Noem told the Times while she was in Florida for the Republican Governor's Association meeting.

Yep, I think we need someone more level-headed to untangle the mess Tater & C0. have made. Trump is a lightning rod for drama.
Our job is to talk to every single American," Noem told the Times while she was in Florida for the Republican Governor's Association meeting.

Everyone except trump supporters that is

Establishment swamp rat republicans need our votes

But they dont give a damn about our opinions

Washington repubs want trump votes for the candidate they like

But they will not vote for trump if he is nominated

Yep, I think we need someone more level-headed to untangle the mess Tater & Co. have made. Trump is a lightning rod for drama.

I need another source that's not yahoo news. They lie like leftist vermin. Don't have time right now to look for myself.

And the Sioux Falls Argus Leader is leftist toilet paper. Sioux Falls is pathetic. They are a pathetic wannabe marxist utopia. When they had an "abortion rights" protest, it consisted of about a half-dozen actual "activist" looking folks and about a hundred looky-lous. Nobody was impressed and nobody got shot or even teargassed.

Last edited:
I need another source that's not yahoo news. They lie like leftist vermin. Don't have time right now to look for myself.

And the Sioux Falls Argus Leader is leftist toilet paper. Sioux Falls is pathetic. They are a pathetic wannabe marxist utopia. When they had an "abortion rights" protest, it consisted of about a half-dozen actual "activist" looking folks and about a hundred looky-lous. Nobody was impressed and nobody got shot or even teargassed.

Don't use laziness as a excuse, just punch in my title header, it's all over the net.

Trump did a great job while in office. He should leave it at that. Quit while ahead.

If he persists, he's gonna jump the shark and not do a lick of good for the Republican party.
He's ahead because they stole his second term?

Merely winning the presidency isn't enough. What the next GOP President is able to accomplish means everything, and if we get stuck with another GW, we might as well have a Democrat in the WH.

Don't use laziness as a excuse, just punch in my title header, it's all over the net.

I clicked your link. I see yahoo news and Sioux Falls Argus Leader. Both are unreliable "sources".

Don't be testy. We almost always agree and I don't like being snapped at if I'm not seeing what you assume I'm seeing.

Merely winning the presidency isn't enough. What the next GOP President is able to accomplish means everything, and if we get stuck with another GW, we might as well have a Democrat in the WH.
Thats just it. Whether any of us think Trump is the best candidate or not, if the truly best decides not to run this time and we are faced with the Jeb Bush's and Pences and other nimrods, then there is only one choice.

Thats just it. Whether any of us think Trump is the best candidate or not, if the truly best decides not to run this time and we are faced with the Jeb Bush's and Pences and other nimrods, then there is only one choice.

The main concern I have about DeSanitis is that he has a political career to protect. That leaves him open to being intimidated and manipulated by the left.

The main concern I have about DeSanitis is that he has a political career to protect. That leaves him open to being intimidated and manipulated by the left.

Hasn't worked against him in Florida so far.

I clicked your link. I see yahoo news and Sioux Falls Argus Leader. Both are unreliable "sources".

Don't be testy. We almost always agree and I don't like being snapped at if I'm not seeing what you assume I'm seeing.

OK, then please to link a more "reliable" source where she walked it back or said she was misquoted.....I'm not seeing one and if she did not say it I'm sure she would have jumped on those sources by now given the 10 hour lapse.....It's not like she's shy in that regard.

OK, then please to link a more "reliable" source where she walked it back or said she was misquoted.....I'm not seeing one and if she did not say it I'm sure she would have jumped on those sources by now given the 10 hour lapse.....It's not like she's shy in that regard.

Thanks for your patience. I cut and pasted your thread title in my browser and do not see a single item from a reliable source. If I knew her better, I'd call her and ask her and then we'd know.

Until then, I don't believe it. She's a huge Trump supporter.

Not the best choice for the gop? That says it all. They don't mention the people or the country.

Not the best choice for the gop? That says it all. They don't mention the people or the country.
The sooner everyone gets it through their thick heads that populism is dead and it's the elites that rule the better off they will be....The trick is choosing the elites that better suit the right-leaning.

Trump is a elite in every sense of the word yet his populist shtick fell flat when put to the test of reelection, mainly because he's a asshole.

DeSantis is also a elite hailing from both Harvard and Yale but of the two I'm going with DeSantis if he runs.

The fact of the matter is the electorate wants something close to pre-covid normalcy without the drama.

The sooner everyone gets it through their thick heads that populism is dead and it's the elites that rule the better off they will be....The trick is choosing the elites that better suit the right-leaning.

Trump is a elite in every sense of the word yet his populist shtick fell flat when put to the test of reelection, mainly because he's a asshole.

DeSantis is also a elite hailing from both Harvard and Yale but of the two I'm going with DeSantis if he runs.

The fact of the matter is the electorate wants something close to pre-covid normalcy without the drama.

So by "without the drama" I take it you mean that Desantis wouldn't take on Biden, the Democrats, and the DNC head on? Rather he would run on his own accomplishments, as opposed to tearing into the corrupt, twisted, and perverted Democrats and their destructive policies?

You do know what depths the Democrats would go to, in order to slur, slander, denigrate, and even lie about DeSantis, right? The events leading up to 2024 are going to get bloody. Are you comfortable that DeSantis can handle everything those animals are going to throw at him?

You saw what they tried to do to Trump: Slandering his own family and creating false narratives every day. Can a simple career politician like Ron DeSantis weather the abuse that's going to dumped upon his head by the left?

Forum List

Back