Gov. Jindal abolishes abortion in NOLA & Baton Rouge

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
There goes another state where poor women can't get an abortion, but the rich can travel to South America or Europe.

Bobby Jindal signs anti-abortion bill Thursday likely to close clinics in Baton Rouge, New Orleans | NOLA.com

Gov. Bobby Jindal signed legislation Thursday that is all but guaranteed to close the only abortion clinics in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

His office issued a release after the bill signing ceremony Thursday (June 12) at the First Baptist Church in West Monroe, where the governor signed two pieces of "pro-life legislation." Sponsors of the bills are from Monroe and West Monroe.

House Bill 388, sponsored by Rep. Katrina Jackson, D-Monroe, proposes a new law adding requirements of abortion doctors that clinic administrators say will force them out of business because of the unlikeliness they will be able to comply. Supporters have dubbed it the Unsafe Abortion Protection Act.
<more>

Requiring that abortionists be licensed doctors and that clinics be within saving distance of a hospital should have been the law since the beginning.

What is the history of dentistry? Would you let your barber pull your teeth or do you want a licensed dentist?

Poor women should not have to have invasive medical procedures done by someone hired off the street. If there are complications not even a poor woman should have to bleed to death.

Congratulations. He really does have his head inside women's vagina's. Typical male.

Didn't read the article I assume.

It appears to me that his legislation is protecting women. Of course since the pro-choice crowd has to have everything their way they will make things up. Here is from the article, could you tell us what you have a problem with?

In additional to admitting privileges requirement, the new law would require some doctors in private practice to register with the state as an abortion provider for the first time. Their name, location and status as an abortion provider would be public information, possibly opening them up to scrutiny and protesters.

Currently, physicians only have to register with Louisiana if they performed more than five abortions per month. With the new law, they would have to acquire a license if they perform more than five abortions per year. Acquiring a license from the Department of Health and Hospitals, the secretary of which testified in support of the anti-abortion bill, will likely prove a difficult and highly scrutinized process.

Jackson's legislation also requires that abortions induced by medicine, rather than a surgical procedure, be reported anonymously to the DHH and require a 24-hour waiting period. Surgical abortions are already tracked by the state agency and require the waiting period.

The sponsor of the bill I think the OP is trying to make an issue: Rep. Katrina Jackson, D-Monroe, note the D.

What is the history of dentistry? Would you let your barber pull your teeth or do you want a licensed dentist?

Poor women should not have to have invasive medical procedures done by someone hired off the street. If there are complications not even a poor woman should have to bleed to death.
Which is what poor women did prior to Roe v Wade, and they will again.

Which is what poor women did prior to Roe v Wade, and they will again.

Neither bill outlawed abortion. They are to protect poor women from abortion mills, you got a problem with that?

Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a &#8220;right to life.&#8221; A piece of protoplasm has no rights&#8212;and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potential with an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . . . Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly. - Ayn Rand

Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a “right to life.” A piece of protoplasm has no rights—and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potential with an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . . . Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly. - Ayn Rand

So what does this have to do with the OP? Did you bother reading the article? The OP subject line is misleading.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are much more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

The sponsor of the bill I think the OP is trying to make an issue: Rep. Katrina Jackson, D-Monroe, note the D.
Not too worried about some anti-abortion ******, who wants more *******. When did this become rocket-science?

I realize you are definitely in the Sanger camp and wish to continue her genocide of the black race but these bills didn't restrict abortion at all they protect the woman.

BTW, you may be joking but I reported you offensive posts.

Forum List

Back