Zone1 Gov. Cox issues declaration asks Utahns to join in prayers of thanksgiving

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Gov. Cox issues declaration giving thanks for record-breaking water levels, asks Utahns to join in prayers of thanksgiving
I did not vote for him. However, I remember when he asked us to pray for rain. It seems t have worked e had more snow than we had in 1983 which was major. Now we are to praise God and give thanks for the snow and water God provided us. Does you Governor have you pray for the State you are in? From a spiritual perspective, it's interesting to see the conditions and states we find ourselves in as humans. I think part of that connects to your literal State as well.

Utah has suffered from historic drought conditions and experienced exceptionally low soil moisture and reservoir storage. Parts of the state have experienced drought conditions nearly every year since 2000, with “extreme” and “exceptional” drought conditions statewide during 2021 and 2022.

For the past two years, Gov. Cox has asked Utahns to unite in prayer to plead for divine help.

“I believe prayer can be a powerful tool,” Gov. Cox said. “There is real power in people of all different faiths and backgrounds uniting together and pleading for help from a higher authority than our own. I also believe that people who pray for water will conserve water, and we need to continue to conserve.”

I am not a citizen of Utah, and I really don't know anything about Gov. Cox's policies or his performance in office.

But its certainly a classy move to call of the people of the state to give thanks to Almighty God for the tremendous weather that He bestowed upon the state, and it puts Utah in a position to get further good weather down the line.

Gov. Cox issues declaration giving thanks for record-breaking water levels, asks Utahns to join in prayers of thanksgiving
I did not vote for him. However, I remember when he asked us to pray for rain. It seems t have worked e had more snow than we had in 1983 which was major. Now we are to praise God and give thanks for the snow and water God provided us. Does you Governor have you pray for the State you are in? From a spiritual perspective, it's interesting to see the conditions and states we find ourselves in as humans. I think part of that connects to your literal State as well.

This reads like political innuendo masquerading as a religious issue.

I am not a citizen of Utah, and I really don't know anything about Gov. Cox's policies or his performance in office.

But its certainly a classy move to call of the people of the state to give thanks to Almighty God for the tremendous weather that He bestowed upon the state, and it puts Utah in a position to get further good weather down the line.
I pray for our State and our Country. But I just wondered if other Governors do that in other states.

Lack of separation between church and state. But if I misread you, I apologize.
No, I was sincere in asking. Thanks. You are correct. They also have seminary classes and kids in school can take it as a class at regular public school and they just go next door to the seminary building for the Mormon church.

I wondered if other States do that.

I live in Southern Idaho, Burley. The only place that grows more food in the US, other than the San Jaunquin Valley in California.
We pray and fast for water almost every year. We are "totally" dependent on it
Always originates with local Church leaders, not the governor

Last edited:
No, I was sincere in asking. Thanks. You are correct. They also have seminary classes and kids in school can take it as a class at regular public school and they just go next door to the seminary building for the Mormon church.

I wondered if other States do that.
Yes, Minico high school. ( Lou Dobbs, Bill Faberbakke) has what's called Christian Ed here in Rupert Idaho
Some areas have high enough Mormon enrollment to have Seminary during school hours. If they don't they have what's called earyl morning seminary (Steve Young) in other areas that's held before school

Forum List

Back