GOPer's war on latinos and women

I would hope that a wise white man with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a latina female who hasn't lived that life.

is the above a true statement? should the above be a factor in picking a judge?

How am I supposed to know what the speaker hopes or doesn't hope...

what a wuss....you defend her statement but can't say boo when the statement is by a white guy....

Like you condemned Alito when he said:

And that's why I went into that in my opening statement. Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position...

When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account.

How am I supposed to know what the speaker hopes or doesn't hope...

what a wuss....you defend her statement but can't say boo when the statement is by a white guy....

And that's why I went into that in my opening statement. Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position...

When I get a case about discrimination, I have to think about people in my own family who suffered discrimination because of their ethnic background or because of religion or because of gender. And I do take that into account.

why do you insist on opening your mouth and proving you are an idiot? where does alito say that should qualify him to make better decisions or reach better conclusions....oh wait, he didn't

another epic fail by nik

why do you insist on opening your mouth and proving you are an idiot? where does alito say that should qualify him to make better decisions or reach better conclusions....oh wait, he didn't

another epic fail by nik

Two cases don't need to be exactly the same to be analogous. You have anything more substantial to say, or are you just going to continue to blubber on?

another epic fail by nik

Two cases don't need to be exactly the same to be analogous. You have anything more substantial to say, or are you just going to continue to blubber on?

thank you for admitting his statement is NOT exactly like her statement...your stupidity in continuing to claim it is even analogous only proves my point that you should stop opening your mouth and proving your idiocy...

claiming that one's background affects them is not the same or even analogous to claiming that their background makes them better. i'm not surprised you don't see the difference, your political biases are so strong that your judgment and reasoning are clouded.

In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."
.: United States Senator James Inhofe :: Press Room :.

Aaaww lookie here.... witto ravioli twat got her post thrown into the conspiracy section...
lol-047.gif

How does it feel having me throw the shit in your face first? Don't feel very good does it? Think about it next time you run your smart ass little cake hole at me.

In the months ahead, it will be important for those of us in the U.S. Senate to weigh her qualifications and character as well as her ability to rule fairly without undue influence from her own personal race, gender, or political preferences."
.: United States Senator James Inhofe :: Press Room :.

Aaaww lookie here.... witto ravioli twat got her post thrown into the conspiracy section...
lol-047.gif

How does it feel having me throw the shit in your face first? Don't feel very good does it? Think about it next time you run your smart ass little cake hole at me.
I'm not going to cry about it like you would, if that's your question. I expected nothing else, I choose my thread title as an ape of "Obama's war on the middle class" which is still not in the conspiracy theory section.

:lol:

this is ALL to raise money....the GOP will have numerous members voting for her, when all said and done, but they are using this as a TOOL for those that can be tooled, in to giving them their money, but in the end, as said, my bet is that republicans help confirm her.

Why wouldn't they help? Of those that haven't jumped ship, in an attempt to hold onto their seats, most are merely "rinos" anyway.

how are those meadowmuffins ravi...
said she was better able to make a decision than a white male....
she didn't say that.

you're right. she said a latina woman would make a better decision than a white male.
Actually, she said this in a speech about diversity and applying life experience when making judgments:

Second, I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.

Very similar to what Alito said as quoted above about his taking ethnicity and gender in to account when making judgments...not to excuse people for their actions but to see it from their point of view.

If most people take that as racism, so be it.

OK, everybody... Here's the real deal. Sotomayor could be the biggest dirtbag on the planet and wear t-shirts that proclaimed herself as a "racist" and do anything else you might think is bogus BUT she will get confirmed, and confirmed quickly because there isn't enough "Power of No" on the Repub side of the aisle to stop her nomination. She's in. Time to start hacking about something new...

And let's quit chipping teeth about Newt Gingrich... I believe he's going to be the next President!

"It would be a rocky road for Gingrich to the nomination, much less the presidency, but there are no other serious candidates inside the party at the moment." Real Clear Politics [/quote}
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Gingrich 2012?

Interesting commentary, considering Gingrich was a Jindal supporter.

Oh, and what's up with his sudden "shyness" about his aspirations (MTP)? Not hard to figure out that little ploy is transparent as glass, since Biden also used it.

another epic fail by nik

thank you for admitting his statement is NOT exactly like her statement...your stupidity in continuing to claim it is even analogous only proves my point that you should stop opening your mouth and proving your idiocy...

I never claimed they were exactly the same, dipshit. They don't need to be to prove my point.

claiming that one's background affects them is not the same or even analogous to claiming that their background makes them better. i'm not surprised you don't see the difference, your political biases are so strong that your judgment and reasoning are clouded.

She claimed her background made her better? Where exactly did she say she was wise?

mmkay...show me, soggy. Show me how Roberts, Alito and Thomas were judged on their race or gender.

You probably shouldnt let Mani see this post or he'll make fun of your laughable twist and dance on the subject of NOMINEE QUOTES. Again, no one is criticisng her for being a woman OR latina. It's her quote that you find yourself being hilariously disengenous in defending.

but hey... YOU asked for it..

Not another white man!
Bush's Roberts pick leaves the high court -- which symbolically represents an entire branch of the federal government -- with only one woman and one racial minority. That's absurd and wrong.
Not another white man! - Salon.com

White men: Bush surprised many when he named Roberts, ignoring pleas for diversity. When confirmed, Roberts will be among six white men on that bench, a historically exclusive group in that sense.
CNN.com - Court vacancy fights: One down, one more to go - Sep 29, 2005

:lol:

:cool:
Pardon me for not making myself clear...show me where they were judged by those voting on their confirmation for their gender or race. The retard in the OP most definitely gets to vote.

You always find yourself moving the ball when it suits your failure, eh ravi?

:rofl:

:thup:

Yes, he was accused. And so they looked at the evidence. Your issue with this is what, exactly?

uh, our constant BITCHING about they very vetting process by which we, in fact, look at the evidence? Should we not look at HER evidence because YOU think a double standard works better than consistency?

And again, I'll point out that past actions isn't a justification for future ones.

HA! the ole "Do as I say, not as I do" routine, eh? typical. Sorry, motherfucker... whats good for thomas, alito and roberts is good for your pony too. Deal with it.

I am not Sotomayer, so its not happening to "my" nomination, you dumbshit.

Sorry, I can't hear a word you just said with her clitoris in your mouth like that. Indeed, you've reflexively reacted yourself into exactly the partisan bitch that, I'd bet, we'd see you blossom into anyway. Hell, the level of vehemence ALONE regarding treating her differently than the last three justices speaks VOLUMES.

Backtracking? No. And just because I am defending Sotomayer doesn't mean I am a woman, retard.

I never suggested you are, bitch. Bitches like you can still be bitches these days even if your tiny, pea-sized gonads are TECHNICALLY masculine.

No, it doesn't take someone from Yale. But it takes someone from a school with a little more intellectual clout than Southern Methodist.

ahh well.. that certainly is YOUR opinion... but, lecture us MORE about PERSPECTIVES again since, apparently, ONLY YOUR CRITERIA counts! :thup: :rofl:

You are conflating "pulling punches" with acting in a responsible manner. But thats not surprising, really.

HA! yea, dude.. go ahead and polish your turd if you think it will get the stink out!

:rofl:

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back