GOP working on legislation to strip Twitter of federal liability protections

I suppose the First Amendment only limits The Congress to obey the First Amendment, and once again Donald Trump believes he is above the law, even when that law it not statutory, but number one in the Bill of Rights. What next, locking up those who criticize him with no regards to the 4th, 5th and 6th articles in the Bill of Rights?
So when the media spreads lies about him it's okay, but it's not okay for him to go after them?
What lies?
Russian collusion lie for three years and still claims it.
He told Americans to inject bleach. To name a few many more, they are daily on here.
Russian collusion was proven to have happened. The Trump tower meeting was collusion.
Then why wasn't he impeached for it?b
Because collusion by itself is not a crime. A conspiracy to collude is. Do you understand the difference? The only thing that saved Trump from the conspiracy part, was that it could not be proven Trump and the Russians had an agreement.

There was nothing between Rump and Russia. Nothing.
Mueller seemed to think so. He claims Trump can be indicted for obstruction when he leaves office, and our entire intelligence department tells us you haven't a clue about Russia helping Trump. It's already been confirmed. Denials aren't going to change reality.

Confirmed ?

Byt Peter Strozck (or whatever the fucker's name is).
By our intelligence agencies. Look it up. It's a fine read. But I always seem to forget, these Trump toads aren't interested in the truth. So stay ignorant my friend.

Yes, I know you worship at the feed of anyone who'll confirm your fantasy.

How is the Strozcster doing anyway ?
See what I mean? You are always good at saying nothing with zero value. You should be embarrassed. Lol!

Do you

I suppose the First Amendment only limits The Congress to obey the First Amendment, and once again Donald Trump believes he is above the law, even when that law it not statutory, but number one in the Bill of Rights. What next, locking up those who criticize him with no regards to the 4th, 5th and 6th articles in the Bill of Rights?
So when the media spreads lies about him it's okay, but it's not okay for him to go after them?
What lies?
He told Americans to inject bleach. To name a few many more, they are daily on here.
Russian collusion was proven to have happened. The Trump tower meeting was collusion.
Because collusion by itself is not a crime. A conspiracy to collude is. Do you understand the difference? The only thing that saved Trump from the conspiracy part, was that it could not be proven Trump and the Russians had an agreement.

Mueller seemed to think so. He claims Trump can be indicted for obstruction when he leaves office, and our entire intelligence department tells us you haven't a clue about Russia helping Trump. It's already been confirmed. Denials aren't going to change reality.

Confirmed ?

By our intelligence agencies. Look it up. It's a fine read. But I always seem to forget, these Trump toads aren't interested in the truth. So stay ignorant my friend.

See what I mean? You are always good at saying nothing with zero value. You should be embarrassed. Lol!

Zero value would be a one of your good posts.

You telling someone else they should be embarrassed.

Then there is the LoL.

Makes me think you are a gnattie sok.

He was full of shit too and was the only one who laughed at his own posts.

Fuck off.

You’re quoting the wrong section. That’s not what the 26 words refers to. It’s like the third sentence of the article.
NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!!!

GodDAMMIT!!! You are a serious cluefuck!!!

They don't get the PROTECTIONS of the 26 words if they edit material that is NOT "obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected."

You are being deliberately obtuse because you are ASS HURT!!!

I've said this several times before, but I will say it again.

A lot of you people need to go out and buy a dictionary, because apparently you don't know what the word "censor" means. Let me help you out.........................

censor
[ sen-ser ]

SEE SYNONYMS FOR censor ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
1. an official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.
2. any person who supervises the manners or morality of others.
an adverse critic; faultfinder.
3. (in the ancient Roman republic) either of two officials who kept the register or census of the citizens, awarded public contracts, and supervised manners and morals.

verb (used with object)
4. to examine and act upon as a censor.
5. to delete (a word or passage of text) in one's capacity as a censor.

As you can clearly see from the definition, in order to censor someone, you have to delete, or edit, part of what they say. None of Trump's tweets have been modified or parts deleted in any way, all they have done is place a tag on some of them calling them questionable information. Nope, sorry, but there is no censorship going on.
Fella, you shit on the good things to expand people on the edge to make them seem part of the general ways. This not about moralizing. It is about paying for immoral behaviors. And then compare one immoral behavior with another to make sure that there is an element of guilt or hypocracy to shut people up.

Didn't say anything about the b.s. you just posted. All I did was post the definition of censor, and then showed you that Trump isn't being censored. You apparently are the one that wants to expand it to other subjects.
Lol, Obama was never called out on his lies in his speeches, but you loons want to censor Trump's speeches when he is stating facts.
Wrong.

This is a lie.

And as already correctly noted: Trump has not been ‘censored.’

Indeed, those engaged in appropriate, warranted opposition to Trump have no desire to ‘censor’ him, they want Trump to continue to exhibit his ignorance, stupidity, and contempt for the truth.
You loons have been trying to do whatever you can to destroy Trump since he has been president. Glad you people are too stupid to do it.
Trump did that all by his lonesome. He decided to be a criminal decades ago. That's on him.

Do you

What lies?

Confirmed ?

Then there is the LoL.

Fuck off.
Take a chill pill and take some debating classes. Saying nothing with every post is boring and degrading. And get out of the Republican party. Nothing they do is honest, and their policies always fail.

So glad you finally care about presidents abusing their power now. The donald really turned you leftist hacks into upholders of the law.
I love it!
What law would that be? I only know of the one's he's broken.
I will just brush this post off as you being a dumbass and can't help it
You're brushing yourself off as a coward in search of a way out. Your post is a 180 from who Trump is and what he represents, based on pure factual information concerning his total disregard for the law. I can help it, because I am honest. You can't help it because you are not.
I implied this was illegal, you moron.
Good gawd, how have you not accidently killed yourself yet?
That's even better. You approve of abuse of power then. Says everything we need to know about you.
Lol im done. You are missing too many chromosomes to have a decent convo with
I don't want any of those chromosomes. Cheer leading for an abuse of power is your baby, not mine.
Sometimes, you worthless leftist traitors need to be abused.
For what, telling the truth and presenting accurate information?

"Sen. Josh (R-Mo.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) on Wednesday separately announced they were both working on legislation to strip Twitter of federal protections that ensure the company is not held liable for what is posted on its platform.

Both Hawley and Gaetz argued that Twitter’s decision to flag the tweets called its legal liability protections under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act into question. Section 230 protects social media platforms from facing lawsuits over what users post.

Hawley sent a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Wednesday questioning why the platform should be given Section 230 protections and tweeted that he would soon introduce legislation to end “government giveaways” under the legal shield.

“If @Twitter wants to editorialize & comment on users’ posts, it should be divested of its special status under federal law (Section 230) & forced to play by same rules as all other publishers”

IMO subsidies and / or government protections should not be given to companies that engage in trampling on Freedom of Speech. Yes, Twitter (and Facebook) is a privately owned and run company and can operate as they see fit ... but they can do so without tax dollars or protections from a government that supports and defends the Constitution which affords the right of Freedom of Speech to all Americans.

INTERPRETED: We are going to force you to allow trump to post lies and conspiracy theories....cause Baby Donald got his hands slapped and he had a tantrum.

Your faux rage is noted. When Obama couldn't get immigration laws change in congress and he ignored the legislative branch and rewrote them himself none of you leftist had a problem with abuse of the power of the presidency. Hence you have zero credibility here.
But Obama! Lol! Another one searching for a legitimate argument while scapegoating someone else. These folks, just don't have what it takes.

We are mocking the left's blatant double standards and phony faux rage, suck it. Be thankful we don't confine the left to gulags.
It's a free country. You won't be owning anyone.

Obama twists the law into a pretzel to authorize the FBI to spy on President Trump and his family. Democrats say "COOL!" President Trump signs an EO to call out obviously partisan social media platforms for selective harassment and censorship and Democrats squeal like stuck pigs.
That's a lie and you are a liar, because you can't prove that.

Obama twists the law into a pretzel to authorize the FBI to spy on President Trump and his family. Democrats say "COOL!" President Trump signs an EO to call out obviously partisan social media platforms for selective harassment and censorship and Democrats squeal like stuck pigs.
Well that's a lie.

No, it's a fact. obummer tried to turn us into a third world shithole. And if Trump had lost none of obummers crimes would have been discovered.
Doubling down on your lie does not make it true.
He isn't lying, too bad Obama will never go to jail over this. But his corrupt administration getting exposed will all we will get. But you dumbasses will still polish his knob.
Trump is a reckless, irresponsible authoritarian who has nothing but contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

And Trump’s enablers are just as authoritarian and have the same contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

Spot on!
Full of lies, Trump works for all Americans. Democrats work only for themselves. Biden is proof. Work for goverment all of his life, and his entire family is multi millionaires.
View attachment 342209
Hatred comes from loving this country and protecting it from the thieves who steal from it.
That's exactly why Biden shouldn't be president. He has sold us out to China.
View attachment 342215View attachment 342215
You're an idiot.
And you're looking for an argument you never had.
Nothing to argue about Biden and most of Washington has sold us out. Even republicans like Graham. They all need to be fired, and Trump is the man to do it.

I’m just telling you the truth and how your desires will destroy the internet.
How so?

The internet meets the definition of a platform.

GOOGLE has blown its platform protections, but GOOGLE is not "the internet."

The internet is a completely open place. Anyone who wants to engage in speech can. I’m not stopping anyone. What you’re demanding is the ability to use Twitter’s property to publish a disseminate speech to their own detriment.
What do you mean? I am not, nor is the POTUS via the EO, demanding ANYTHING.

Twitter is acting like a fucking newspaper (editing content). They get no 230 protections if they act like a newspaper. They can still do their left-wing thought policing all they want. They just don't get to hide behind 230 protections.

It's that fucking simple.

No one edited Trump’s tweet. They don’t alter tweets. Sometimes they delete them for violating policy.

Thats exactly what 230 was intended to let them do without being subject to liability.

It’s that fucking simple.
AG Barr, who was also in attendance, said Section 230 "was stretched way beyond its original intention...its purpose was to allow websites that were acting virtually as bulletin boards were not responsible for third-party information...". When they "curate" their collection and start "censoring" particular content, they become publishers, and they shouldn't be entitled to the same kind of shield that was set up earlier. He also explained how the executive order sets up a "rule making procedure for the FCC" to try and "get back to the original interpretation" of Section 230.
-----
so since they abused the fuck out of it, it's time we re-examine it. now, the irony is Section 230 was put in place so tech companies wouldn't be responsible for 3rd party content. it was supposed to prevent censorship out of fear of litigation.

oops.
You’ve got it backwards. Before section 230, if a website never “censored” (to use your language not mine) then they wouldn’t be responsible for third party content.

But most people agreed that was a bad situation because guess what? There’s a lot of filth on the internet and we thought it’d be better if websites were allowed to clean up that filth without having to abandon their immunity from litigation.

Section 230 was specifically designed to give websites the ability to “censor”.

So I’ll ask you, respectfully, what is the goal? What do you hope to accomplish?
Social media has no business inserting itself into fact checking.

I disagree. They are well within their rights to include whatever context they want with regard to content posted to the websites they own and operate.

Well that's a lie.

No, it's a fact. obummer tried to turn us into a third world shithole. And if Trump had lost none of obummers crimes would have been discovered.
He isn't lying, too bad Obama will never go to jail over this. But his corrupt administration getting exposed will all we will get. But you dumbasses will still polish his knob.
Trump is a reckless, irresponsible authoritarian who has nothing but contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

And Trump’s enablers are just as authoritarian and have the same contempt for the rule of law, our democratic institutions, and the Constitution.

Spot on!
Full of lies, Trump works for all Americans. Democrats work only for themselves. Biden is proof. Work for goverment all of his life, and his entire family is multi millionaires.
View attachment 342209
Hatred comes from loving this country and protecting it from the thieves who steal from it.
You're an idiot.
Nothing to argue about Biden and most of Washington has sold us out. Even republicans like Graham. They all need to be fired, and Trump is the man to do it.
Trump is a criminal who is enriching himself. He sold us out and we already proved it.

Well that's a lie.

Spot on!
View attachment 342209
You're an idiot.
Trump is a criminal who is enriching himself. He sold us out and we already proved it.
Who is "we" and what did you prove?

INTERPRETED: We are going to force you to allow trump to post lies and conspiracy theories....cause Baby Donald got his hands slapped and he had a tantrum.
WRONG.

Proper Interp: You are going to get sued like a publication for defamatory content posted by your users if you continue to EDIT content that is NOT "obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected."

Dumbass.

Cool feelings bro. Not a big fan of the law though.

Well that's a lie.

Spot on!
View attachment 342209
You're an idiot.

The only thing you've proven is you'll believe whatever the MSM wants you to believe.

I've said this several times before, but I will say it again.

A lot of you people need to go out and buy a dictionary, because apparently you don't know what the word "censor" means. Let me help you out.........................

censor
[ sen-ser ]

SEE SYNONYMS FOR censor ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
1. an official who examines books, plays, news reports, motion pictures, radio and television programs, letters, cablegrams, etc., for the purpose of suppressing parts deemed objectionable on moral, political, military, or other grounds.
2. any person who supervises the manners or morality of others.
an adverse critic; faultfinder.
3. (in the ancient Roman republic) either of two officials who kept the register or census of the citizens, awarded public contracts, and supervised manners and morals.

verb (used with object)
4. to examine and act upon as a censor.
5. to delete (a word or passage of text) in one's capacity as a censor.

As you can clearly see from the definition, in order to censor someone, you have to delete, or edit, part of what they say. None of Trump's tweets have been modified or parts deleted in any way, all they have done is place a tag on some of them calling them questionable information. Nope, sorry, but there is no censorship going on.
Fella, you shit on the good things to expand people on the edge to make them seem part of the general ways. This not about moralizing. It is about paying for immoral behaviors. And then compare one immoral behavior with another to make sure that there is an element of guilt or hypocracy to shut people up.

Didn't say anything about the b.s. you just posted. All I did was post the definition of censor, and then showed you that Trump isn't being censored. You apparently are the one that wants to expand it to other subjects.
Lol, Obama was never called out on his lies in his speeches, but you loons want to censor Trump's speeches when he is stating facts.
Wrong.

This is a lie.

And as already correctly noted: Trump has not been ‘censored.’

Indeed, those engaged in appropriate, warranted opposition to Trump have no desire to ‘censor’ him, they want Trump to continue to exhibit his ignorance, stupidity, and contempt for the truth.
You loons have been trying to do whatever you can to destroy Trump since he has been president. Glad you people are too stupid to do it.
Trump did that all by his lonesome. He decided to be a criminal decades ago. That's on him.
You do know Trump was a liberal? You represent
Do you

What lies?

Confirmed ?

Then there is the LoL.

Fuck off.
Take a chill pill and take some debating classes. Saying nothing with every post is boring and degrading. And get out of the Republican party. Nothing they do is honest, and their policies always fail.
Lol, you loons has done everything in your power to destroy Trump. Even collapsing an economy and getting rid of 40% of small businesses because you lost an election. The great part is you failed again! The sad part, is destroyed American lives to do it. Liberalism is a lie and a failure.

I disagree. They are well within their rights to include whatever context they want with regard to content posted to the websites they own and operate.
On this point, we agree.

What they are not allowed to do, if they choose to edit content that is NOT "obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected" is seek and obtain liability protection for defamatory content posted on their websites.

Forum List

Back