GOP Voter Suppression Worked, Voter Turnout Lowest Since 1940

So because people didn't turn out to vote it means it's a direct responsibility of republicans?

Or could it be that the low information voters that typically vote democrat weren't given enough of a reason to go out and vote for their guys? Or, did they even realize an election was going on?

I don't think that's it, I think many think the "Oh, well, Republicans are going to win whether by cheating or making up difficult rules anyway", so they decide to go ahead and stay home. I think when Republican policies start to materialize and they realize how they've been screwed (along with middle-class and poor Republicans), they'll get their asses off the sofa and go vote. I think we'll see a different twist in 2016....especially since all those Republicans elected are just going to be working hard to undo all the good things that have been done and providing nothing in its place, then the light will go on.

Sob-Story-600-LI.jpg

A liberal considers it voter suppression when government doesn't dispatch limousines to black and hispanic neighborhoods with appropriately costumed attendants going door-to-door offering free rides......

M you are factually wrong on so many counts I am surprised you would even make these statements because you cannot back them up.

Record-High 42 of Americans Identify as Independents

Independents make up up 42 percent of electorate, dems 31, repubs 25 so your statement that if all dems voted you would win every time is patently false.and of course you wrongly assume that dems will always vote for the democratic candidate. Also as I already pointed out low turnout is not related to voter id law so that is a red herring.

In case you have been in a cave the pres was not on the ballot but his policies were and Americans rejected them wholesale. All middle class people and minority people are worse off now than they were six years ago. The more of obamacare that is implemented the more it is an utter failure for middle America. The one per cent has gotten immensely wealthy under Obama. Even using your yardstick the president is an epic failure, the bad things far outweigh the good in this administration.

What most fail to realize is that low voter turnout is a function of liberal agendas in our schools. History, civics, personal responsibility, and patriotism are no longer taught in schools and therefore young people see no need to exercise their most precious right. The chickens have come home to roost just as conservatives predicted and the result is an uninformed and uninterested electorate that responds only to American idol campaigns that pretenders like Obama are good at. Liberals have always wanted to brainwash our young and lately they have accomplished that goal. Wake up!

According to the Elect Project we had record low turnout. So…shaming people into voting didn’t work this time. If only we’d received more emails from the DCCC….Lowest was in Indiana which saw 36% turnout and the highest was in Maine with 59.3% turnout. We had the worst turnout since the 1940’s, and that was at a time when a good portion of the population was off fighting in World War II!

We Had The Lowest Voter Turnout Since 1940 s

I expect a new round of voter suppression laws close to the 2016 election. And we have the nerve to criticize Russia's election results.

I didn't see anyone hanging around the voting booths with clubs like your NBP thugs. Where was the voter suppression?

Let's have the Demmy boys run with the GOP war on voting! They can combine it with the other wars that got them the wins in 2014! War on gays, war on blacks, war on women and add to it war on voters.

These are all working well let's just keep it going Dems! You should do so well with this strategy in 2016!

or maybe people just got fed up voting for Obama and just stayed home.

or maybe the polls are right and most people just don't think government works any more, so why vote?

or maybe Democrats felt lied to and didn't want to brave the weather.

More likely that din't want to jump threw hoops to pay for a government approved voter ID or have to miss work since they canceled early and weekend voting.

That doesn't explain Maryland, North Carolina, Colorado, Utah, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

State by State Voter ID Laws - Ballotpedia

Maybe your strategy failed and people who voted for Democrats in the past just don't feel very motivated to vote for your side again. Please don't think about that, it would only help your failed agenda.

Sure it is. The people who wanted a voice in the direction of this country showed up. The people who decided not to bother didn't. More from your side couldn't bring themselves to pay lip service to your agenda. That says more than the strong Republican turnout in key states.

The right side of the aisle was energized and wanted to speak out. The left side of the aisle couldn't even bother to vote, much less vote for your side. HAHA

This is Chris. He brought 3 forms of ID to the polls in Texas and still didn't get to vote.

Here's what he has to say: "It’s a shame Texas put money into stopping people from voting rather than educating and helping them."

1796567_912691135409024_8862839766493807911_n.jpg

Then Chris (your side I presume) is an idiot because he could have voted using a provisional ballot, all of which are validated.

VoteTexas.gov FAQ

According to the Elect Project we had record low turnout. So…shaming people into voting didn’t work this time. If only we’d received more emails from the DCCC….Lowest was in Indiana which saw 36% turnout and the highest was in Maine with 59.3% turnout. We had the worst turnout since the 1940’s, and that was at a time when a good portion of the population was off fighting in World War II!

I expect a new round of voter suppression laws close to the 2016 election. And we have the nerve to criticize Russia's election results.
Hey, you've got two years to find ways to get photo ID for all the dead voters that regularly vote Democrat. Get hoppin'.

Are you serious. We can hardly get Democrats to come out and vote once, and you accuse some of voting for the dead.....if we could just get each registered Democrat to vote.....there would never be another Republican candidate elected.

You may want to think about why that is.

Republicans typically come out strong in Presidential and non-Presidential years. Democrats typically come out strong in Presidential years only. Now while you're thinking about how it is your side can't win unless there is a strong electioneering cult of personality aspect, ask yourself why you have to reinvent the wheel so much while for the most part a Republican voter historically remains a Republican voter.

Why do people lean right the older they get, and why do young Republicans turn out more consistently than young Democrats?

I tend to agree. But do you have any numbers or demographic type data to back it up?
No but he has feelings.

Forum List

Back