Far-right influencer convicted in voter suppression scheme

Just more proof that the left is full of humorless Dem-witts that can't see the dangerous precedent here.
Posting joke memes is now a felony

Meanwhile some Left Coast monster just killed an infant, and the Leftist justice system is attempting to ensure he serves no incarceration time.

Just a few years ago if I had told you the Left would go this nuts, you would have never believed me.

And you still have impish fools asleep at the wheel trying to pretend that it's the Party of Tip O'Neill and normalcy, while the Republicans are all White Power KKK Nazis.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

4wm0ys.jpg

Kind of ironic that you posted a meme to insinuate that a meme is worthy of 10 years in prison.

Did I say "ironic"?

I meant moronic.

1) Already a thread on this.

2) If you're stupid enough to fall for this obvious joke, you're too fucking stupid to have a vote.
If "it was a joke" were a valid excuse for fraud, it wouldn't be a crime.

Kind of ironic that you posted a meme to insinuate that a meme is worthy of 10 years in prison.

Did I say "ironic"?

I meant moronic.
You lied about the crime being "posting a meme". In fact, this is what he did, from the link:

"Prosecutors told jurors during the trial that "Mackey urged supporters of then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media, knowing that those endorsements were not legally valid votes."

That's not a meme. It's a lie about a person being able to vote by text message.

The government prosecuted based on the fact that stupid people relied on satire?

And an American Court of Law allowed this? That’s disgraceful.
since when does satire involve asking people to perform any actions? Does The Onion call you and tell you to vote or do anything?

You lied about the crime being "posting a meme". In fact, this is what he did, from the link:

"Prosecutors told jurors during the trial that "Mackey urged supporters of then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media, knowing that those endorsements were not legally valid votes."

That's not a meme. It's a lie about a person being able to vote by text message.

I acknowledged that in another post I made.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

I also proved that a Hillary supporter did the exact same thing, pretending to be a Trump supporter - but there was no prosecution.

And 10 fucking years???

But you have no problem with Leftist DA's letting murderers and rapists run wild.

And that's because you're a damaged person.

We get it.

Just more proof that the left is full of humorless Dem-witts that can't see the dangerous precedent here.
Posting joke memes is now a felony in Pedo Joes version of Oceania & any wrong think will be punished according to the Parties wishes.
Social media is cancer. People getting convicted for doing dumb shit online is a precedent I welcome.

since when does satire involve asking people to perform any actions? Does The Onion call you and tell you to vote or do anything?
Your lack of any sophistication and intelligence isn’t the controlling factor.

You just don’t want to admit that it was clearly satirical because even a dope like you dimly comprehends that satire is protected speech. Not that you liberals give an actual fuck about free speech or about justice.

Your lack of any sophistication and intelligence isn’t the controlling factor.

You just don’t want to admit that it was clearly satirical because even a dope like you dimly comprehends that satire is protected speech. Not that you liberals give an actual fuck about free speech or about justice.
The 12 jurors didn't see it as satire. but a right-wing nickname in a message board did!

Social media is cancer. People getting convicted for doing dumb shit online is a precedent I welcome.
I have no doubt a collectivist totalitarian like yourself would welcome persecution of thought crimes.

Does it goes both ways? This lefty comic that did the same thing in 2016 should be arrested next, right?

What twelve jurors. Before posting, you shithead, it would help if you knew a damned thing about what you were trying to discuss.
The guy was convicted you dumb f***.
It takes a jury to vote to convict.

Douglass Mackey, who went by the alias Ricky Vaughn on social media, was convicted by a federal jury on Friday for a “scheme to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote,” according to a statement from the Justice Department.

Mackey was charged one week after President Joe Biden assumed office and roughly four years after his purported offenses. The Justice Department claimed that Mackey had conspired to “injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate” people from exercising their right to vote.

James Lawrence, an attorney for Mackey, previously said in an interview with The Daily Wire that his memes were satirical and were therefore not relevant to the law he purportedly violated. Mackey could serve as many as 10 years in prison after he is sentenced.

The Justice Department said that Mackey had worked with other influential Twitter users between September 2016 and November 2016 to “disseminate fraudulent messages” which persuaded voters for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to cast their ballots via phone or social media. One image depicted a black woman standing in front of an “African Americans for Hillary” sign and said “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home,” “Text ‘Hillary’ to 59925.”

Look at the freaking Leftist Gestapo going after political opponents using their gov't power.
To tell generous we're lefties? Wow. Your anonymous connections go deep.

Forum List

Back