GOP & US Chamber of Commerce Threaten The USA

You're a walking populist talking point fool.

A lot of the phone bank work went to India, where the turnover is vastly lower.

along with the WAGES!!!!!

You know in your heart it's the WAGES, stupid!
I know that people have numerous and varied reasons for doing the things they do.

Pretending that wages are the only reason that companies offshore is the absolute height of populist economic ignorance.

I know that people have numerous and varied reasons for doing the things they do.

Pretending that wages are the only reason that companies offshore is the absolute height of populist economic ignorance.

True dat.

The EPA sends more jobs overseas than anyone else.

Never said that.

Best check that plank in your eye, before you go around blabbering about the speck in your neighbor's.

IOW, clean up your own backyard first.

You always use the "But Johnny did it too" defense when cornered. The sad part is you're way too old to still be doing that. Way too old.

This smells of corruption on the political system and everyone should be on board investigating this shit. You'd rather play politics and attempt to score cheap points. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually scored any, but... :eusa_whistle:

no the absolute height is to pretend that only = primary. A height you glide to alone, airman seagull!

WAGES are the PRIMARY Reason why American businesses offshore and you damned well know it, Lt Seagull!

Never said that.

Best check that plank in your eye, before you go around blabbering about the speck in your neighbor's.

You always use the "But Johnny did it too" defense when cornered. The sad part is you're way too old to still be doing that. Way too old.

This smells of corruption on the political system and everyone should be on board investigating this shit. You'd rather play politics and attempt to score cheap points. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually scored any, but... :eusa_whistle:

Still waiting for evidence their overseas operations fund any domestic political activity.

no the absolute height is to pretend that only = primary. A height you glide to alone, airman seagull!

WAGES are the PRIMARY Reason why American businesses offshore and you damned well know it, Lt Seagull!
Really?...You mean that a corporate tax rate upwards of 35% has little-to-nothing to do with it?

Can hire a lot of nice American employees for all that loot.

Political witch hunts are bogus but corporate witch hunts are not?

Investigations into Corporate malfeasance and corruption is not a witch hunt. Investigations into corporate interference in the political sphere is never bogus. We all know it is corporate monies that poison the well.

and I am one who never rants about lobbying. I do not think lobbying and lobbyists always get what they pay for.

What I am about is pointing out the amounts of money that corrupt a system. At some point things get out of control. Systems fail. Well regulated markets are needed for the health of the nation's political system as well as it's economy. The lobbying market and the donations from corporate interests are corrupting the whole system

Never said that.

Still waiting for evidence their overseas operations fund any domestic political activity.

Well we'll just have to investigate this won't we?

Really?...You mean that a corporate tax rate upwards of 35% has little-to-nothing to do with it?

the 35% tax rate is almost never actually paid by US corps who on average pay almost no federal taxes.

And even if they did it is still a small factor compared to WAGES!

Political witch hunts are bogus but corporate witch hunts are not?

Investigations into Corporate malfeasance and corruption is not a witch hunt. Investigations into corporate interference in the political sphere is never bogus. We all know it is corporate monies that poison the well.

and I am one who never rants about lobbying. I do not think lobbying and lobbyists always get what they pay for.

What I am about is pointing out the amounts of money that corrupt a system. At some point things get out of control. Systems fail. Well regulated markets are needed for the health of the nation's political system as well as it's economy. The lobbying market and the donations from corporate interests are corrupting the whole system
If only you were half as indignant about the power the pimps in the District of Criminals have amassed for themselves to sell, as you are about the corporate whores, you might have some kind of point.

But you're not --unless those pimps have that (R) by their name, of course-- so you don't.

the 35% tax rate is almost never actually paid by US corps who on average pay almost no federal taxes.

And even if they did it is still a small factor compared to WAGES!

How much did Exxon pay in federal taxes last year?

ThinkProgress' recent report alleging that foreign corporations may be funding efforts by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to influence elections in this country.The report indicates that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is funding its political attack campaign out of its general account—one that solicits money from foreign corporations and other entities. ADVISORY: Sen. Franken & ThinkProgress on Secret Money and Politics

Senator Al Franken called on the Federal Election Commission to investigate these allegations and to ensure that institutions like the Chamber, a 501(c) 6 organization, is not using funds from foreign agents in to its political activities.

Senator Franken is a known champion of clean, transparent elections and was a co-sponsor of the DISCLOSE Act, which would require greater disclosure of funding sources for independent groups running political advertisements.

-----------------

Of course some people do not find this troubling, but why? Why do they automatically reject the news?

Forum List

Back