GOP Unanomously Nixes Presidential Debates - Says they want FREE and FAIR Debates

The Republican National Committee (RNC) voted Thursday to withdraw from the commission responsible for organizing presidential debates, taking a line from former President Trump, who has repeatedly leveled accusations of anti-Republican bias against the group.

The unanimous vote by the RNC effectively bars its presidential nominees from participating in events organized by the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), which has run such debates since 1988.

In a statement released shortly after the vote, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said that the GOP would “find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people.”

“Debates are an important part of the democratic process, and the RNC is committed to free and fair debates,” she said. “The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage.”

What are your thoughts on a major American party not even being able to debate their side of the issues?

It"s a moot point as 26 states start voting before the 1st Presidential debate.
But stupid assholes like you just don't get it!!

The Republican National Committee (RNC) voted Thursday to withdraw from the commission responsible for organizing presidential debates, taking a line from former President Trump, who has repeatedly leveled accusations of anti-Republican bias against the group.

The unanimous vote by the RNC effectively bars its presidential nominees from participating in events organized by the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), which has run such debates since 1988.

In a statement released shortly after the vote, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said that the GOP would “find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people.”

“Debates are an important part of the democratic process, and the RNC is committed to free and fair debates,” she said. “The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage.”

What are your thoughts on a major American party not even being able to debate their side of the issues?
The CPD offers fair and free debates: you can't do better. So it would appear the either don't want to debate or they want unreasonable debates to occur on their terms. Which would allow lies and bias of all kinds to enter the picture.

They didn't "allow" him the time, he took it. When you're falsely-accused of things, you defend yourself. And if you remember correctly, just about every false accusation against him, was eventually disproven.
So, his claim of voter fraud if he didn't win was....

The former 1-term orange fuckup can't debate because 1) He's a thinned skinned ego manic 2) Has no ability grasp factual information so just lies and 3) Loses them.

Well, the CPD came about because the GOP wasn't happy with the League of Women voters (for the most part). Now they're not happy with the CPD. Conservatism doesn't play well on TV because being anti-everything is pretty much a turn-off.

We'll see what happens in October of 2024. If the GOP nominee is down by 1 or 2% and Joe sticks by his guns only agreeing to debate under the auspices of the CPD...is the GOP nominee really going to turn down the opportunity for 90+ minutes of nationwide airtime? You don't get a second bite at that apple 4 years later if you lose. What would the GOP do in that case? Censure him? What will GOP voters do? Not vote for him?

Would you continue to debate with a group that gives the questions to 1 candidate before the debate but not the other? And the committee turns a blind eye and does nothing?
Would you continue to debate with a group that uses employees/interns of 1 of the candidates to moderate the debate and be blatantly biased? And the committee turns a blind eye and chooses another biased moderator for the next debate?
Would you continue to debate with a group that wont hold all the debates before the voting begins so the people are informed BEFORE they vote?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again the same way and expecting it to change. What does the commission have against an unbiased moderator that didn't work for or with 1 of the candidates?
What does the commission have against holding the debates before the voting begins?
What does the commission have against NOT giving the questions to ANY candidate before the debate?

I wouldn't play cards with someone who has the deck stacked against me.

Would you continue to debate with a group that gives the questions to 1 candidate before the debate but not the other? And the committee turns a blind eye and does nothing?
Would you continue to debate with a group that uses employees/interns of 1 of the candidates to moderate the debate and be blatantly biased? And the committee turns a blind eye and chooses another biased moderator for the next debate?
Would you continue to debate with a group that wont hold all the debates before the voting begins so the people are informed BEFORE they vote?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again the same way and expecting it to change. What does the commission have against an unbiased moderator that didn't work for or with 1 of the candidates?
What does the commission have against holding the debates before the voting begins?
What does the commission have against NOT giving the questions to ANY candidate before the debate?

I wouldn't play cards with someone who has the deck stacked against me.
When you don't have any good answers to questions you blame others, cut and run.

I think it’s a great idea. I’ve been saying the GOP should do this for years. Debating with liberals/progressives is pointless. I don’t do it at any level. I most certainly wouldn’t do it in a political arena.

I think it’s a great idea. I’ve been saying the GOP should do this for years. Debating with liberals/progressives is pointless. I don’t do it at any level. I most certainly wouldn’t do it in a political arena.
Yeah, you can win or make your stupid points without a challenge to you on them.

Yeah, you can win or make your stupid points without a challenge to you on them.
I don’t engage in ANY form of communication to have my opinions, belies, values, morals, or ideology challenged. Never have and never will.

It would be a waste of time, since none of those things are going to change, no matter what contrary views are presented.

the debates should be the citizens asking the questions and the politicians have to answer right then and there.....none of this knowing what the topics are going to be about so they can prepare......
I am 100% behind this

the bias needs to end

cnn probably thinks so as well at this point... ratings are probably in the gutter

Good for them. They should have done this a long time ago. Debates should be fair and not rigged. Most of the time the moderators are left hacks because most of the media are lefty hacks who hobnob with and donate to Democrats.
Yep....it has taken a long time for conservatives to identify all of lefty's rotten tactics....but one by one...starting with vote harvesting and following through with the fact that all western media has been coopeted under globalist progressive mantra.....and we will begin to see some honesty in elections. Oh and the millions of immigrants coming in? Give them a year or two of working an honest job and you will see them voting for Republicans. Lefty is importing his own doom and doesn't even know it yet.

JO

I don’t engage in ANY form of communication to have my opinions, belies, values, morals, or ideology challenged. Never have and never will.

It would be a waste of time, since none of those things are going to change, no matter what contrary views are presented.
I think you may have touched on one of the most important things to remember when visiting this place.....and thanks for enumerating it.
I personally come here to get the detailed skinny on the stuff that the media presents at large. Having to deal in detail with the opposing viewpoint is an accelerated education process that you simply cannot get anywhere but in a place like this one albeit complete with name calling and childish tantrums but hey I do that too. It doesn't mean you have to spend your whole day arguing with it ...just take it a learn from it or reject what you know to be garbage. That is basically what this place is good for.

GOPs don't "want FREE and FAIR Debates". They want to control the debates.

Yep....it has taken a long time for conservatives to identify all of lefty's rotten tactics....but one by one...starting with vote harvesting and following through with the fact that all western media has been coopeted under globalist progressive mantra.....and we will begin to see some honesty in elections. Oh and the millions of immigrants coming in? Give them a year or two of working an honest job and you will see them voting for Republicans. Lefty is importing his own doom and doesn't even know it yet.

JO
Hispanics are leaving the Democrats in droves.

the debates should be the citizens asking the questions and the politicians have to answer right then and there.....none of this knowing what the topics are going to be about so they can prepare......
IMO, a real debate would be the candidates asking each other questions (and answering those questions)... in other words debating. This is difficult to do for primaries when there are like 20 candidates in the beginning; however, for the Democrat and Republican nominees there should be a few time limit rules for taking turns talking and then just let them go at each other.

IMO, a real debate would be the candidates asking each other questions (and answering those questions)... in other words debating. This is difficult to do for primaries when there are like 20 candidates in the beginning; however, for the Democrat and Republican nominees there should be a few time limit rules for taking turns talking and then just let them go at each other.
they would be asking themselves the same shit from the last debate...most of them are out of touch with the people and our problems.....so they would not be asking each other the questions that we want answered....

Forum List

Back