GOP Unanomously Nixes Presidential Debates - Says they want FREE and FAIR Debates

It wasn't that long ago when it was the democrats who threatened not to debate.
All it does is trigger the other side.
Tag...."Your it"
Having said that however there's no question but that every venue has been co-opted for political reasons including the debate venue. It is no longer an open debate venue but one that seeks to isolate politicians who are at the antithesis of the MSM and hit them with gotcha moments.
I'm not saying the Republicans haven't been guilty of it too but yes a change of venue is definitely in order.

I mean questions like the following:

President Trump since everyone knows you are a liar do you ever have regrets about not telling the truth to the public?

Such a question is not too far from the form I have seen used in the past by democratic debate moderators.

Jo

It wasn't that long ago when it was the democrats who threatened not to debate.
All it does is trigger the other side.
Tag...."Your it"
I have been around for a while

I don’t remember that happening

The Republican National Committee (RNC) voted Thursday to withdraw from the commission responsible for organizing presidential debates, taking a line from former President Trump, who has repeatedly leveled accusations of anti-Republican bias against the group.

The unanimous vote by the RNC effectively bars its presidential nominees from participating in events organized by the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), which has run such debates since 1988.

In a statement released shortly after the vote, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said that the GOP would “find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people.”

“Debates are an important part of the democratic process, and the RNC is committed to free and fair debates,” she said. “The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage.”

What are your thoughts on a major American party not even being able to debate their side of the issues?
Good for them. They should have done this a long time ago. Debates should be fair and not rigged. Most of the time the moderators are left hacks because most of the media are lefty hacks who hobnob with and donate to Democrats.

Do a little research in the primaries with the democrat wannabe's and also with Biden with Trump.
Might want to consider adding Ideal Brain to your diet.

Your claim
Show some examples

You have been around long enough to know that if you make a claim, burden of proof is on YOU

You don’t demand others prove your claim

Your claim
Show some examples

You have been around long enough to know that if you make a claim, burden of proof is on YOU

You don’t demand others prove your claim
I'm not going to jump through your hoops, RW. The left always plays that game. You look it up and use
the sourced link that you want.
I really could care less if you look or not, I know it as a fact. So go pound sand

I'm not going to jump through your hoops, RW. The left always plays that game. You look it up and use
the sourced link that you want.
I really could care less if you look or not, I know it as a fact. So go pound sand

You should know better
You don‘t make claims and then insist that others prove it for you

It only supports the conclusion that your claim is false

You should know better
You don‘t make claims and then insist that others prove it for you

It only supports the conclusion that your claim is false
:auiqs.jpg:
Now I know why you're just plain stupid.

I found it using the simplest of words.
You are just too lazy to even look for yourself, no wonder your tent is in the condition it's in.

Stay ignorant, my friend.

Having said that however there's no question but that every venue has been co-opted for political reasons including the debate venue. It is no longer an open debate venue but one that seeks to isolate politicians who are at the antithesis of the MSM and hit them with gotcha moments.
I'm not saying the Republicans haven't been guilty of it too but yes a change of venue is definitely in order.

I mean questions like the following:

President Trump since everyone knows you are a liar do you ever have regrets about not telling the truth to the public?

Such a question is not too far from the form I have seen used in the past by democratic debate moderators.

Jo
This issue reminds me of the debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney when Candy Crowley then at CNN decided to interject herself into the debate when Romney questioned rather Obama had called the Benghazi attack an act of terror rather than spontaneous violence from a protest. Crowley appeared to take Obamas side and try and defend him which no debate moderator should ever do for any politician no matter the party.

This issue reminds me of the debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney when Candy Crowley then at CNN decided to interject herself into the debate when Romney questioned rather Obama had called the Benghazi attack an act of terror rather than spontaneous violence from a protest. Crowley appeared to take Obamas side and try and defend him which no debate moderator should ever do for any politician no matter the party.
Because he did call it an act of terror and Candy needed to let Mitt know he was wrong and an idiot.

LOL

ANY institution can promulgate a set of debate rules and invite candidates to debate. If the rules are balanced and rational, most candidates would be willing. Harvard University? No problem.

Contrary to most Leftist headlines on this matter, the Republicans have NOT decided not to participate in presidential debates. That is a lie.

MY OWN preference would be to have an actual debate. Give the candidates the questions in advance, allow each candidate equal time to address the issue, and give the other candidate 50% of that time to rebut, and the original person a minute or so to re-state his case.

No more than four all-substantive questions.

There is nothing wrong with giving the candidate time to prepare in advance. You are more likely to hear a cogent, logical case made.

Because he did call it an act of terror and Candy needed to let Mitt know he was wrong and an idiot.

LOL
No what he said was this Obama didn't explicitly label the Benghazi strike terrorism in his Sept. 12 remarks. What he did say is: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation. He made a general statement about terrorism he was not specifically addressing Benghazi. Don’t forget the Sunday after the attack Susan Rice went on every Sunday talk show calling it spontaneous violence from protest over a clip from an anti Islam video. As the debate moderator Crowley needed to stay out of it and let Obama defend himself and what he said as all moderators should do with all politicians during any debate.

the debates should be the citizens asking the questions and the politicians have to answer right then and there.....none of this knowing what the topics are going to be about so they can prepare......
Exactly

the current debates are rigged against republicans

the GOP is taking the debate forum away from a corrupt commission

but I’m sure there will be debates in 2024

The Republican National Committee (RNC) voted Thursday to withdraw from the commission responsible for organizing presidential debates, taking a line from former President Trump, who has repeatedly leveled accusations of anti-Republican bias against the group.

The unanimous vote by the RNC effectively bars its presidential nominees from participating in events organized by the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), which has run such debates since 1988.

In a statement released shortly after the vote, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said that the GOP would “find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people.”

“Debates are an important part of the democratic process, and the RNC is committed to free and fair debates,” she said. “The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage.”

What are your thoughts on a major American party not even being able to debate their side of the issues?
what about those 2 requests even approaches unreasonable?

Forum List

Back