GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9

This post is hilarious!!! A new amendment is a silly waste of time because they need two thirds of the votes... but what they should really be doing is trying to impeach. Just think about that for a second

Pelosi showed the way. Impeachment, the new norm.

And do you think this foolish amendment would get anywhere near two-thirds of both Houses? :auiqs.jpg:

I don't think voters are up for amendments of any kind at this time. The vast majority doesn't trust politicians, and they especially don't trust media.

What with the mood the Americans are in after a year of Covid nonsense, I wouldn't shake the tree too much.

GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9 'before it's too late'
What a waste of time. The GOP have no power to pass anything let alone a constitution amendment. There’s our tax dollars at work. How do we dock the pay for these clowns?

Maybe you explain why we need 4 more justices in SCOTUS?
I don’t think we need 4 more. I think Obama got ripped off by McConnell but that’s history. I would support better defining the nomination process so that shit can’t happen again

What shit happened that you think needs changed?
The president gets to nominate justices. Obama should of had his appointment. This election year BS is exactly that as we saw after RBG passed.

Obama had his nomination, after that he has no say in the matter, that was up to the Senate where there were NOT enough votes for that nomination to succeed, thus just sat on it instead. Obama being a moron didn't bother to nominate someone else, thus nothing happened.

There have been a few nominations that never gets acted on, that is a fact people don't realize. Nothing illegal happened the whole time.

RBG herself stated there is nothing wrong with a fast nomination process.
Ok so I guess any senate candidate can just sit on the next nomination the opposing party puts up till the next election. Great logic! I’ll call it. #IdiotLogic

I don't think voters are up for amendments of any kind at this time. The vast majority doesn't trust politicians, and they especially don't trust media.

What with the mood the Americans are in after a year of Covid nonsense, I wouldn't shake the tree too much.

GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9 'before it's too late'
What a waste of time. The GOP have no power to pass anything let alone a constitution amendment. There’s our tax dollars at work. How do we dock the pay for these clowns?

Yep, much better to have Biden flush our tax dollars down the toilet on illegals.
Very true, good point! Do something useful... these guys should be taking notes from ol prez

Sure, to undo the McConnell rule.

A silly waste of time, It needs two-thirds of both Houses to pass and get sent to the states.

What the fucking idiot Republicans should be doing is filing Articles of Impeachment in the House over the Biden Border Insurrection, a direct result of the words and policies of Biden.
LOLOL

Yeah, I can almost see Pelosi moving forward with that.

Almost.

It sure won't go through 2 houses of congress and be signed by Biden any time soon.

The President has nothing to do with an Amendment. It needs two-thirds of both Houses and if they get that it is automatically sent to the states.
Yes, and all three branches of government have gone along with it to some degree, but I have seen it argued that article 7 requires all measures voted on by the two houses of congress must be presented to the president for approval. Though 2/3 is 2/3.
Aside from that. Do you actually think an amendment to limit number of judges could get through these two houses in this political climate with 2/3 majority in both houses? Really?? Of course you don't. You and i are just rattling this around cause it's almost 11:00 and we're not particularly sleepy yet.

Changing the Constitution is incredibly difficult, as it should be.

Odds are the Republicans will never get such an amendment passed.

Just as the odds are equally slim that the democrats would get an amendment passed which would allow them to pack the court...
What makes you think an amendment is needed to add seats to that bench?

This post is hilarious!!! A new amendment is a silly waste of time because they need two thirds of the votes... but what they should really be doing is trying to impeach. Just think about that for a second

Pelosi showed the way. Impeachment, the new norm.

And do you think this foolish amendment would get anywhere near two-thirds of both Houses? :auiqs.jpg:
Good luck to ya. You need to control the House.

I don’t think we need 4 more. I think Obama got ripped off by McConnell but that’s history. I would support better defining the nomination process so that shit can’t happen again

The president gets to nominate justices. Obama should of had his appointment. This election year BS is exactly that as we saw after RBG passed.

Obama had his nomination, after that he has no say in the matter, that was up to the Senate where there were NOT enough votes for that nomination to succeed, thus just sat on it instead. Obama being a moron didn't bother to nominate someone else, thus nothing happened.

There have been a few nominations that never gets acted on, that is a fact people don't realize. Nothing illegal happened the whole time.

Ok so I guess any senate candidate can just sit on the next nomination the opposing party puts up till the next election. Great logic! I’ll call it. #IdiotLogic

You failed to realize that Garland never had the votes to make it, that is why McConnel sat on it, Obama should have tried again with another candidate but didn't even though he had plenty of time.

It has happened before, I went over this in detail when Judge Barrett was nominated, I stand by my previous post.

You failed to realize that Garland never had the votes to make it, that is why McConnel sat on it, Obama should have tried again with another candidate but didn't even though he had plenty of time.

It has happened before, I went over this in detail when Judge Barrett was nominated, I stand by my previous post.
If Garland didn’t have the votes then fine. Vote no and then Obama can run the next nom

Liar. That is not why McConnell sat on it. McConnell sat on it because he was not going to let Obama appoint a 3rd justice. He said so himself when he told Obama not to bother nominating anyone because they would not get a confirmation hearing. And his excuse was because it was an election year. Then McConnell does a 180 in 2020 and gives Trump's 3rd nominee a hearing and confirms her, not just in an election year, but about a week before an election.

Now while that was a bullshit thing to do, he was allowed to do it. Just like now. It would be a bullshit thing to add 4 Liberal justices to the Supreme Court, but Democrats are allowed to do it.

#PackTheBench

If Garland didn’t have the votes then fine. Vote no and then Obama can run the next nom

McConnel likes to show he is in command, but Obama let his open seat remain unfilled because he didn't try another nomination, a bad decision and he has no excuse since it was still an open seat, but he sat on it and let it slip away.

Obama didn't Fight to get that seat filled thus he got nothing,

McConnel likes to show he is in command, but Obama let his open seat remain unfilled because he didn't try another nomination, a bad decision and he has no excuse since it was still an open seat, but he sat on it and let it slip away.

Obama didn't Fight to get that seat filled thus he got nothing,
The only person sitting was McConnell. Why would Obama nominate somebody else when the Senate isn’t holding a vote

Liar. That is not why McConnell sat on it. McConnell sat on it because he was not going to let Obama appoint a 3rd justice. He said so himself when he told Obama not to bother nominating anyone because they would not get a confirmation hearing. And his excuse was because it was an election year. Then McConnell does a 180 in 2020 and gives Trump's 3rd nominee a hearing and confirms her, not just in an election year, but about a week before an election.

Now while that was a bullshit thing to do, he was allowed to do it. Just like now. It would be a bullshit thing to add 4 Liberal justices to the Supreme Court, but Democrats are allowed to do it.

#PackTheBench

The Senate committee said so, McConnel went with it.:

"Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said holding confirmation hearings for Garland would be "a waste of time."

"In light of the contentious presidential election already well underway, my colleagues and I on the Judiciary Committee have already given our advice and consent on this issue: we will not have any hearings or votes on President Obama’s pick," Lee said."

=====

The votes were not there for Garland.

#PackTheBench

The Senate committee said so, McConnel went with it.:

"Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said holding confirmation hearings for Garland would be "a waste of time."

"In light of the contentious presidential election already well underway, my colleagues and I on the Judiciary Committee have already given our advice and consent on this issue: we will not have any hearings or votes on President Obama’s pick," Lee said."

=====

The votes were not there for Garland.
Then vote no and bring on the next nom! It wasn’t about votes it was about denying obama a pick so they could get through the election. That’s been stated by those turds it’s not something to debate

Forum List

Back