GOP Rep. Stefanik Proves That The GOP Isn't A Cult Of Personality

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"GOP Rep. Liz Cheney on Sunday doubled down in opposing the direction her party is headed following Donald Trump's election defeat, just days after House Republicans voted to remove her as the GOP conference chair -- took aim at both House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Elise Stefanik, the New York Republican and Trump loyalist who was chosen to replace Cheney in her No. 3 House leadership post. In a separate interview with the network, Stefanik tore into her predecessor, saying Cheney "is looking backwards, and Republicans are looking forward -- Trump is "an important voice in the Republican Party." "He's critical to the party. He's the leader of the Republican Party," she said.

The split in the party played out in dueling interviews Sunday, with Rep. Dan Crenshaw, a Republican from Texas, defending the caucus' decision to oust Cheney from her post and arguing it's time to move on from the drama surrounding it. But his colleague, Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, told the same network in an interview;
"You can't say (Trump) is the leader and then say 'we have to move on.' I would love to move on," Kinzinger said, defending Cheney by saying she "simply answered questions that the election wasn't stolen."

This situation with Cheney being booted out of leadership and being replaced by Stefanik pretty much ends all questions on whether or not the GOP is a party that stands on Conservative principles, values and policies or a just party that caters to the whims of one person. The only reason Cheney even made it to being 3rd ranking member was because the GOP catered to the whims of Bush and Cheney; not because of any Conservative policies..

With Stefanik replacing Cheney, the GOP made a statement that it will now put conservative principle over fealty to one man. When it comes to standing up for conservative policies; Stefanik is at the top.....yea Cheney may have voted with Trump 93% of the time; while Stefanik (voting with Trump 70% of the time) was considered the most liberal Republican member in Congress -- but she tells the stories of MAGA folklore with much more gusto than Cheney; and that is what conservative principles and values are all about.

LOL- smoke and mirrors- BOTH sides of the Duopoly Party subscribe to and fund the same bullshit-

LOL- smoke and mirrors- BOTH sides of the Duopoly Party subscribe to and fund the same bullshit-
I've noticed when Trumpers have been presented with something they can't immediately bullshit their way out of -- they pull out the "both sides do it" card...

If both sides are the same -- why do you deep throat those who are in power of the GOP like you do

I've noticed when Trumpers have been presented with something they can't immediately bullshit their way out of -- they pull out the "both sides do it" card...

If both sides are the same -- why do you deep throat those who are in power of the GOP like you do
It's a learned reaction- guess who they learned from? ILliberals - and BTW, if the the you you're using is directed at me, I suggest you learn to read and follow my commentary- I don't subscribe to group think, politically or religiously-

But his colleague, Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, told the same network in an interview; "You can't say (Trump) is the leader and then say 'we have to move on.' I would love to move on," Kinzinger said, defending Cheney by saying she "simply answered questions that the election wasn't stolen."
No, she didn't. She voted for impeachment based on nothing at all. She also helped the opposition in the 2020 election.

Would Dems have tolerated anything remotely similar?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The anti-TRUMPers are mad because people are not buy their "big lie" claiming TRUMP was responsible for the protest on the Capitol. It's all good because it's helping to separate the extremist anti-TRUMPers. The Cheney's and Kinzingers will take themselves out.

The Republicans are having the same struggle as the Democrats...establishment vs. outsiders. You couldn't find anyone more establishment than Cheney.

The difference is...the outsiders in the Republican Party have succeeded while the progressives have been stifled.

Not to change the subject...but the next waypoint to watch for the Progressives is which district is eliminated in NY. If it is AOC's...t he establishment Dems feel they are absolutely winning the battle for the Democrat Party.

The Republicans are having the same struggle as the Democrats...establishment vs. outsiders. You couldn't find anyone more establishment than Cheney.

The difference is...the outsiders in the Republican Party have succeeded while the progressives have been stifled.

Not to change the subject...but the next waypoint to watch for the Progressives is which district is eliminated in NY. If it is AOC's...t he establishment Dems feel they are absolutely winning the battle for the Democrat Party.
Nah, bro...

Ain't no both sides do it to this shit.....

There are no Democrats trying to oust each other over one not getting on their knees and worshiping a guy ferociously enough..

Nah, bro...

There are no Democrats trying to oust each other over one not getting on their knees and worshiping a guy ferociously enough..
It is not my aim to defend the dog-shit GOP, so do not take it that way.

Would Dems have retained in a leadership position, a party member who voted to impeach Obama and who helped Republicans in the election?

If you say "yes" we can all ignore you from now on.

It's a learned reaction- guess who they learned from? ILliberals - and BTW, if the the you you're using is directed at me, I suggest you learn to read and follow my commentary- I don't subscribe to group think, politically or religiously-
Yes, you do......

Which is why yo goofy ass felt compelled to claim "both sides do it" -- but haven't provided any examples of Democrats ousting someone simply because they didn't properly worship one man

Nah, bro...

Would Dems have retained in a leadership position, a party member who voted to impeach Obama and who helped Republicans in the election?

If Obama was found to have not only tried to bribe a foreign nation into offering dirt on his opponent; but also was found to have engaged in violating campaign laws and obstruction in which his own personal lawyer was convicted for -- then yes, I am sure more than a few Democrats would have voted to impeach....

5 Democrats voted to impeach Clinton -- I don't recall any of them being demonized and ousted from their positions....so yes, you are attempting to defend the dog shit the GOP is doing in this case...

Yes, you do......

Which is why yo goofy ass felt compelled to claim "both sides do it" -- but haven't provided any examples of Democrats ousting someone simply because they didn't properly worship one man
Dems have turned on one another in the past, but I'm not going down the analogy road because I agree with you the Cult of Trump Personality makes the Liz dethroning a bit different. Liz would say with some justification that she was fine genuflecting to his humongoushness until he incited looting and attacking congresspeople directly. And Charlie McCarthy would not be out of place if he publicly fellated his humongoushness on tv. But there are other republicans who still try to hang onto a little dignity by saying "the election had a lot of questions, but Biden is the president now ... time to move on from THAT election. But Trump obviously has a lot of appeal to voters we want to attract." Liz was just willing to fall on her sword, and she has a point that no President ever incited a riot to attack congress. But honestly I don't think a maj of senators want Trump to ever run for anything ever again. LOL

Nah, bro...

If Obama was found to have not only tried to bribe a foreign nation into offering dirt on his opponent; but also was found to have engaged in violating campaign laws and obstruction in which his own personal lawyer was convicted for -- then yes, I am sure more than a few Democrats would have voted to impeach....

5 Democrats voted to impeach Clinton -- I don't recall any of them being demonized and ousted from their positions....so yes, you are attempting to defend the dog shit the GOP is doing in this case...
Well LBJ actually favored Nixon to beat Humphrey, even though LBJ knew Nixon secretly met with nationalist china to torpedo peace talks with N. Vietnam.

"GOP Rep. Liz Cheney on Sunday doubled down in opposing the direction her party is headed following Donald Trump's election defeat, just days after House Republicans voted to remove her as the GOP conference chair -- took aim at both House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Elise Stefanik, the New York Republican and Trump loyalist who was chosen to replace Cheney in her No. 3 House leadership post. In a separate interview with the network, Stefanik tore into her predecessor, saying Cheney "is looking backwards, and Republicans are looking forward -- Trump is "an important voice in the Republican Party." "He's critical to the party. He's the leader of the Republican Party," she said.

The split in the party played out in dueling interviews Sunday, with Rep. Dan Crenshaw, a Republican from Texas, defending the caucus' decision to oust Cheney from her post and arguing it's time to move on from the drama surrounding it. But his colleague, Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, told the same network in an interview;
"You can't say (Trump) is the leader and then say 'we have to move on.' I would love to move on," Kinzinger said, defending Cheney by saying she "simply answered questions that the election wasn't stolen."

This situation with Cheney being booted out of leadership and being replaced by Stefanik pretty much ends all questions on whether or not the GOP is a party that stands on Conservative principles, values and policies or a just party that caters to the whims of one person. The only reason Cheney even made it to being 3rd ranking member was because the GOP catered to the whims of Bush and Cheney; not because of any Conservative policies..

With Stefanik replacing Cheney, the GOP made a statement that it will now put conservative principle over fealty to one man. When it comes to standing up for conservative policies; Stefanik is at the top.....yea Cheney may have voted with Trump 93% of the time; while Stefanik (voting with Trump 70% of the time) was considered the most liberal Republican member in Congress -- but she tells the stories of MAGA folklore with much more gusto than Cheney; and that is what conservative principles and values are all about.
Neocons and the commie left are simply different sides of the same coin.

Yes, you do......

Dems have turned on one another in the past, but I'm not going down the analogy road because I agree with you the Cult of Trump Personality makes the Liz dethroning a bit different. Liz would say with some justification that she was fine genuflecting to his humongoushness until he incited looting and attacking congresspeople directly. And Charlie McCarthy would not be out of place if he publicly fellated his humongoushness on tv. But there are other republicans who still try to hang onto a little dignity by saying "the election had a lot of questions, but Biden is the president now ... time to move on from THAT election. But Trump obviously has a lot of appeal to voters we want to attract." Liz was just willing to fall on her sword, and she has a point that no President ever incited a riot to attack congress. But honestly I don't think a maj of senators want Trump to ever run for anything ever again. LOL
Big difference between Dems turning on each other based on policy versus Dems turning on each other because someone wouldn't deep throat one guy...

Nah, bro...

Well LBJ actually favored Nixon to beat Humphrey, even though LBJ knew Nixon secretly met with nationalist china to torpedo peace talks with N. Vietnam.
Still waiting for someone to show me an example of a high ranking Democrat being "OUSTED" from power because they didn't worship one guy sufficiently enough...

In this century if you can....

If Obama was found to have not only tried to bribe a foreign nation into offering dirt on his opponent;
Whats-his-name Shitt from California had to FUCKING MAKE UP A BULLSHIT CONVERSATION that didn't even happen to implicate Trump. At best, the impeachment was PURELY POLITICAL and guess who went against her own party.

THAT'S THE POINT. NO POLITICAL PARTY WILL TOLERATE A PARTY LEADER SHITTING ON THE PARTY TO GIVE POLITICAL SUPPORT TO THE OPPOSING PARTY, EVER!!!

You are one partisan hack if you can't see the difference.
but also was found to have engaged in violating campaign laws and obstruction in which his own personal lawyer was convicted for
Because his lawyer was the person guilty, not him. It was shitty. Trump is an asshole for putting his lawyer in that position, but Trump could have made the payments to Stormy himself and there would be no crime at all, whatsoever!!! AND THAT WAS NOT PART OF THE IMPEACHMENT PROCESS. So, spare me the bullshit.

Who where they? What positions did they hold?

You are seriously going to tell me that the Dem party would not slam the shit out of a party leader who actively campaigned against the party in favor of the GOP?

BULLSHIT!!!

Forum List

Back