GOP Rep Paul Gosar has threatened the life of AOC & maybe also Biden with anime "joke". He needs to be arrested

Because one party has a huge voting base that is really really into depravity....like really into it....

So therefore, if you want to win with that voting base...you have to cater to their depravity...

it will only get worse from here.....
Pretty sad.

QAnon purports that America is run by a cabal of pedophiles and Satan-worshippers who run a global child sex-trafficking operation and that former President Trump is the only person who can stop them.

November 8 2021
So JFK, JFK Junior, Bobby, and whomever else the Q-Anon crowd were expecting in Dallas last weekend didn’t show. Undeterred, and unfazed, the Q-folk didn’t go away, but hung around in Dallas seeing visions that supported their deep belief in the resurrection of a bunch of dead Kennedys.

that's unfortunate, to say the least. LOCK HIM UP!

obama boogie.gif

Well, with the typical disclaimer that it's still early, history-wise, and there may be forces we don't yet have the perspective to see, my professional assessment is that it is a latticework of causes and effects—as is everything, I suppose.

- Reagan-era anti-regulation allowed corporate power to blossom, if not explode, leading to ...
- The shrinking middle class causing a greater divide between haves and have-nots;
- The abolition of the Fairness Doctrine in 1987, and the rise in partisan, 24-hour media polarized the public;
- The rise of social media increased global exposure and cross-culturalism but also caused users to withdraw from personal contact and emboldened extremists.
- Karl Rove's utterly ruthless, win-at-all-costs electoral strategies;
- The recent filibuster arms race within Congress, meaning neither "side" could get anything done, resulting in the constituency (us) feeling increasingly powerless;
- 9/11, and our responses to it both domestic and international, leading to a significant distrust in the government; and
- Trump. Everything else may have supplied the kindling, but I truly believe that no one but Trump could have lit the match. He is just the right combination of utterly shameless and masterful on the mic, and powered by an astronomical ego, to turn an otherwise fringe right-wing ultra-nationalist movement into the mainstream.

I'm sure there are others that I'll think about on the way into work in the morning, or something, but those will do as a rough list.
That's the best concise and comprehensive description I think I've ever seen as to how we got here. Thank you. In general, I boil it down to two things that, in a way, summarize that list.

First was the rise of talk radio, which began, nurtured and drove the division between the Left and the Right. I look at Rush Limbaugh, literally, as the father of the alternate universe -- a separate, fully functional, closed circuit informational and ideological ecosystem that now exists on the Right. Obviously the internet supercharged and weaponized it. The result? A huge audience that was fed distortion, anti-intellectualism, paranoia and rage 24/7/365 for decades. Then Trump, like any marketer, identified this group and has spoken to it, exclusively, in its own language, since Escalator Day. It was/is the perfect match.

Second, and concurrently, were the individual elements you brought up, from deregulation to the Fairness Doctrine to Newt to Rove to Trump. Government is the problem. The press is the enemy. You're the victim. The other is Evil. You are at War. Rage, frustration, paranoia. And because our political system incentivizes tribalism and playing to the base, the GOP politicians play along with the whole charade, exacerbating the divide between the two realities. Two realities. Literally. So the two elements above play off each other, feed on each other.

Paul's sister, Jennifer called him mentally ill.

Ms. Gosar feels that her brother Paul is declining in mental health. That's pretty obvious.

Again, where is the Secret Service? Why is Twitter repeating the mistake they made with Trump? This guy needs a mental health intervention before someone gets seriously hurt.

Dave Gosar, one of the more outspoken members of the family, said his falling out with his brother began soon after his brother ran for office in 2010 and "revealed to me that he was a birther," promoting the false idea that then-President Barack Obama was not born in the U.S.

Family members decided to speak out in 2017 after Gosar suggested that the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a counterprotester was killed, was a false flag — that the event was actually the product of sympathetic actors seeking to hurt conservative causes.

At Trump's rally before the riot, Gosar tweeted: "Biden should concede. I want his concession on my desk tomorrow morning. Don’t make me come over there."

Trump sure exposed all the crazies, invited them to 'come out'.
I've been saying since he was elected that this is the final, ugly primal scream of these people, those who absolutely refuse to understand and recognize that the world is changing whether they like it or not.

The echo chamber of their universe hasn't provided them with the tools to manage optimal change, so they're doing the only thing they know: Attack, fight. They've been told they're "at war", so they are. This is it.

Originally I thought this final primal scream might last, say, five to seven years. I think that was wrong. Unless the rest of us find a way to address this, I wouldn't be surprised to see it last 15 to 20.

Can you imagine if AOC, or any other Democrat did the same thing to Trump and Gosar? The party would apologize, and the perp would be censured and removed from all committee assignments.

Merrick Garland should move in and arrest the bastard. There are laws against this kind of threat. Where are you Merrick?

And yet again McCarthy says nothing. He wants to be Speaker so bad that he puts up with despicable behavior like this for fear of ruffling any loon feathers. The man is a f'n jellyfish.

50v3ig.jpg
We are worried McCarthy will be another Boehner and Ryan. I know that there is a tightrope to walk. But drawing a line is needed by Republicans. The breakdown of the nuclear American family and the insanity to raise their children now needs to be on the forefront as the Prog agendas need to be stopped and maxed out.

That's the best concise and comprehensive description I think I've ever seen as to how we got here. Thank you. In general, I boil it down to two things that, in a way, summarize that list.

First was the rise of talk radio, which began, nurtured and drove the division between the Left and the Right. I look at Rush Limbaugh, literally, as the father of the alternate universe -- a separate, fully functional, closed circuit informational and ideological ecosystem that now exists on the Right. Obviously the internet supercharged and weaponized it. The result? A huge audience that was fed distortion, anti-intellectualism, paranoia and rage 24/7/365 for decades. Then Trump, like any marketer, identified this group and has spoken to it, exclusively, in its own language, since Escalator Day. It was/is the perfect match.

Second, and concurrently, were the individual elements you brought up, from deregulation to the Fairness Doctrine to Newt to Rove to Trump. Government is the problem. The press is the enemy. You're the victim. The other is Evil. You are at War. Rage, frustration, paranoia. And because our political system incentivizes tribalism and playing to the base, the GOP politicians play along with the whole charade, exacerbating the divide between the two realities. Two realities. Literally. So the two elements above play off each other, feed on each other.
I can make it more concise than that.....

Conservatives are the problem.......there is something wrong with Conservatism and it has been wrong for decades....

But saying this makes certain entitled people feel sad and oppressed...because they have been so use to their views being the default point of view for so long; that the thought they are wrong is an attack on America....and any attempts to address this problem is seen as an attack against "Real Americans"

You can't imagine that if AOC posted a murder anime of Gosar or Trump that Pelosi would have acted swiftly and decisively to condemn it? If not, I can't help man. McCarthy is a spineless buffoon.

I can imagine it, but given today's political environment I'd say it's 50/50 she would do it. Ilhan Omar got publicly excoriated a couple of times now for remarks that some perceived to be anti-Semitic. She didn't apologize, get censured, or lose any committee assignments.

We are worried McCarthy will be another Boehner and Ryan. I know that there is a tightrope to walk. But drawing a line is needed by Republicans. The breakdown of the nuclear American family and the insanity to raise their children now needs to be on the forefront as the Prog agendas need to be stopped and maxed out.
Go back to 4th grade English prior to posting again please.

Nothing new under the sun.

Alexis de Toqueville, 1834:

In America there is scarcely a hamlet which has not its own newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of design can be communicated to so multifarious a host, and each one is consequently led to fight under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are indeed arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend in a thousand different ways. They cannot succeed in forming those great currents of opinion which overwhelm the most solid obstacles. This division of the influence of the press produces a variety of other consequences which are scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which journals can be established induces a multitude of individuals to take a part in them; but as the extent of competition precludes the possibility of considerable profit, the most distinguished classes of society are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. But such is the number of the public prints that, even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are usually placed in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind.

Nothing new under the sun.

Alexis de Toqueville, 1834:

In America there is scarcely a hamlet which has not its own newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of design can be communicated to so multifarious a host, and each one is consequently led to fight under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are indeed arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend in a thousand different ways. They cannot succeed in forming those great currents of opinion which overwhelm the most solid obstacles. This division of the influence of the press produces a variety of other consequences which are scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which journals can be established induces a multitude of individuals to take a part in them; but as the extent of competition precludes the possibility of considerable profit, the most distinguished classes of society are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. But such is the number of the public prints that, even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are usually placed in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind.
We knew that after the coverage of Trump.

- The abolition of the Fairness Doctrine in 1987, and the rise in partisan, 24-hour media polarized the public;
The Fairness Doctrine was a disaster. A total violation of free speech.

The problem is not the media, though almost everyone thinks so. The problem is our education system does not teach critical thinking. The media simply provides the rubes what they demand from them. The media is in this to make money, and if the tard herd wants to have their prejudices and biases confirmed, then that is what the media will do to get maximum eyeballs.

The same is true of politicians. Everyone hates them but they are only doing exactly what they are told to do by their constituents. "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We get the media and the politicians we deserve.

We knew that after the coverage of Trump.
Trump goes out of his way to get coverage. His colossal ego isn't happy unless everyone is talking about him every day. He brings it down on himself.

He is a master at getting attention. He will hurl insults, break social norms, do whatever it takes to rise above the daily noise.

The man is a total moron in all respects except at manipulating credulous rubes. He is a world class mountebank, and I have never once encountered a huckster who was not as dumb as a bag of hammers. Trump is no exception.

Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., the far-right dentist known for his ties to multiple white nationalist groups...

That's where I sopped reading.

Trump goes out of his way to get coverage. His colossal ego isn't happy unless everyone is talking about him every day. He brings it down on himself.

He is a master at getting attention. He will hurl insults, break social norms, do whatever it takes to rise above the daily noise.

The man is a total moron in all respects except at manipulating credulous rubes. He is a world class mountebank, and I have never once encountered a huckster who was not as dumb as a bag of hammers. Trump is no exception.
Breaking social norms is just acting like real people do who can think for themselves. He broke no laws. Biden is breaking laws and completely ignoring his oath of office. The man(Biden) is a real piece of absolute shit.

Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., the far-right dentist known for his ties to multiple white nationalist groups...

That's where I sopped reading.

I can make it more concise than that.....

Conservatives are the problem.......there is something wrong with Conservatism and it has been wrong for decades....

But saying this makes certain entitled people feel sad and oppressed...because they have been so use to their views being the default point of view for so long; that the thought they are wrong is an attack on America....and any attempts to address this problem is seen as an attack against "Real Americans"
I don't think conservatism is the problem. There's nothing wrong with being conservative, being the belief that it is generally preferable to conserve the culture from change that is (or that they believe to be) unnecessary or detrimental. In fact, the American system has traditionally worked best with a robust, principled argument for conservatism equal to that in favor of modern liberalism, with the best route forward somewhere in between.

The monster we're seeing now is, I think, something that more or less preys on conservatives, taking advantage of their beliefs to spread extreme and authoritarian nationalism. Its whole MO is that it uses appeal to negative emotions over and over and over again to convince people who believe that their culture is good and decent into those who believe theirs is superior and some other group or groups are threatening and inferior, and therefore must be destroyed.

That's what's underlying the "real Americans" dynamic you're talking about. Only "real Americans," the far right says, deserve the benefits of our society, not those "pretenders." That is a clear message that I'm seeing from the extreme, and it is not conducive with, among others, the traditionally conservative belief of an equal chance of success for all, regardless of demographics.

Forum List

Back