GOP on Trump Convention: ‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’

‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’: GOP insiders unload on Trump convention

Republican politicians and operatives are avoiding the convention like the plague. In interviews with Politico, many operatives describe their fear and loathing of next week’s convention in hilariously blunt terms.

“I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend,” GOP digital strategist Will Ritter tells the publication.

“Normally, we’re all jazzed up about getting together and celebrating our nominee,” said GOP pollster Chris Perkins. “There’s nothing to celebrate this cycle. I’m going because I have to, not because I want to.”

“Don’t use my name,” he said. “I don’t want anyone to know I’m there.”

GOP operatives dread Trump convention

“I don’t want anything close to the appearance of supporting Trump,” said Jason Roe, a veteran party strategist. “This ship can sink without me as a passenger.”

And as far as speakers at the convention?

http://gawker.com/the-rncs-only-scheduled-speaker-is-george-i-ve-been-de-1783362105
George Washington, who died 217 years ago of acute laryngitis, will be the first speaker at this year’s Republican National Convention. And as of right now, dead former President George Washington is also the only speaker, according to the official RNC app.
That's about how I feel coming on this message board to exchange ideas with Libtard morons...crooked Hillary supporters...and the light in the loafers crowd. Not much fun...but ya gotta do it...

Looks like there's a great line up of speakers. Going to put a thread up about it. YAY!

And with Trump in a statistical dead heat with Hillary I think he's going to get a good bounce to take him past her with the convention.

Well if you call this a statistical dead heat--then God help you--LOL
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Trump's within the margin of error with the exception of that outrageous Reuters poll which had Clinton up by 11 points. I believe that was the one that was busted for the oversampling of Democrats.

When you are within the margin of error it is a statistical dead heat.

‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’: GOP insiders unload on Trump convention

Republican politicians and operatives are avoiding the convention like the plague. In interviews with Politico, many operatives describe their fear and loathing of next week’s convention in hilariously blunt terms.

“I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend,” GOP digital strategist Will Ritter tells the publication.

“Normally, we’re all jazzed up about getting together and celebrating our nominee,” said GOP pollster Chris Perkins. “There’s nothing to celebrate this cycle. I’m going because I have to, not because I want to.”

“I don’t want anything close to the appearance of supporting Trump,” said Jason Roe, a veteran party strategist. “This ship can sink without me as a passenger.”

http://gawker.com/the-rncs-only-scheduled-speaker-is-george-i-ve-been-de-1783362105
George Washington, who died 217 years ago of acute laryngitis, will be the first speaker at this year’s Republican National Convention. And as of right now, dead former President George Washington is also the only speaker, according to the official RNC app.
I think most of us Trump supporters would rather stick pins in our eye-balls than listen to a bunch of GOP Establishment pukes talk about America at the RNC.

I think most of us Trump supporters would rather stick pins in our eye-balls than listen to a bunch of GOP Establishment pukes talk about America at the RNC.
Yeah. You'd rather listen to non-Establishment types like Newt and Christie. :lol:

Michael Reagan explains why his father wouldn't have voted for Drumpf - CNNPolitics.com
That one stands out. Unlike Ron Reagan, Jr., Michael Reagan is a full-blown wingnut.

Then maybe you would like to hear from a former staffer and friend of Ronald Reagan.
Republicans for Hillary? - CNNPolitics.com
Yup. This guy in your link has more integrity than Jeb Bush, who said he couldn't bring himself to vote for Hillary:

"I've never voted for a Democrat in my entire life. And I'll vote for my first Democrat when the ballots come out in November," said Elmets, who remains a registered Republican. "I could live with four years of Hillary Clinton before I could ever live with one day of Donald Trump as president."

Lol you republicans did it to yourselves by allowing Obama yo walk all over you for 7+ years. You do-nothing, shoulder-shrugging boneheads deserve to go down in flames. And Trump is just the man to strike the match. I wouldn't show my face at the rnc if had the do-nothing records you clowns have, either.
^^^ Clueless about separation of powers.
4i6Ckte.gif
Separation of power doesn't apply here. Its the do-nothing establishment vs the common sense millionaire.
That's not what I was referring to. Try to keep up with your own posts, at least.
Nobody really gives a shit what you are referring to. Go away.
Fuck off, retard. You don't even know that Republicans can't just do what they want. There is separation of powers.

Looks like there's a great line up of speakers. Going to put a thread up about it. YAY!

And with Trump in a statistical dead heat with Hillary I think he's going to get a good bounce to take him past her with the convention.
When did you become a blatant liar?

FOXNEWS just released a poll today showing Hillary leading Trump by 12 points in Colorado!

Colorado!!!!

And who is speaking?

Ivanka Trump
Uday Trump
Qusay Trump

Who else?

When did you become a blatant liar?

FOXNEWS just released a poll today showing Hillary leading Trump by 12 points in Colorado!

Colorado!!!!

And who is speaking?

Ivanka Trump
Uday Trump
Qusay Trump

Who else?

RCP National Averages but the Reuters out to lunch poll skewers Clinton higher. And the majority are in the margin of error. You need to get up to speed on the speakers.

Here Are the Republican National Convention Speakers We Know Of

1. Sen. Tom Cotton told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday that he will speak in Cleveland next week. "We're waiting to nail down the final date and time, but I look forward to talking about our military and our veterans, and what we need to do to make sure that we're serving them, so they can serve us," he said.
  2. Sen. Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he will speak, but would not confirm more details.
  3. Trump told an Ohio crowd earlier this month that Indiana's legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight will speak at the convention.
  4. Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said Tuesday he'd speak during the first session of the convention in the afternoon. The attorney has brought high-profile cases against same-sex marriage and federal regulations in the past, including some that reached the Supreme Court, according to the Detroit Free Press.
  5. Evangelical pastor Mark Burns will also speak on Monday night, Politico reported. This won't be his first time taking the stage at a Trump-headlined event. He's a regular opener for the presumptive GOP nominee at rallies.
  6. Former New York City Major Rudy Giuliani will also speak. The former mayor, who ran New York City during the 9/11 attacks and is extremely conservative on national security issues, has often defended Trump's more controversial policies on homeland security.
  7. The firebrand Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst -- whose profile got a boost in 2014 with an ad about castrating pigs as a metaphor for taking on the Washington establishment -- will have a prime-time speaking slot and will address the convention on national security, the Des Moines Register reported this week.
  8. Tennessee's Rep. Marsha Blackburn will speak as well, Politico reported.
  9. Gov. Scott Walker told a CNN affiliate this month that he would speak at the RNC; despite criticizing Trump in the past, Walker has argued that not supporting Trump is akin to supporting Democrat Hillary Clinton.
  10. Gov. Mike Huckabee's spokesman told reporters the former 2016 candidate and Arkansas governor would also speak, but it was unclear when.
  11. Gov. Asa Hutchinson will be speaking as well, a strategist said.
More at link:

Here Are the Republican National Convention Speakers We Know Of

Lol you republicans did it to yourselves by allowing Obama yo walk all over you for 7+ years. You do-nothing, shoulder-shrugging boneheads deserve to go down in flames. And Trump is just the man to strike the match. I wouldn't show my face at the rnc if had the do-nothing records you clowns have, either.

You don't seem to get that you Tea baggers--anti Establishment groupies are the minority of the Republican Party.

Right now half of the Republican party won't cast a vote for Donald Trump.
Poll: Nearly half of Republican women wouldn't vote for Trump
Michael Reagan explains why his father wouldn't have voted for Trump - CNNPolitics.com
Mac Stipanovich: An open letter to my fellow Republicans
Fox News Poll: Clinton up by 6 points, 89 percent say 'hot-headed' describes Trump | Fox News

In your efforts to get a non-establishment candidate you have rino'd yourselves right into a Hillary Clinton Presidency, a loss of the Senate, a ton of seats in the house, and down ballot races all across this country.

Delaware-Tea-Party.jpg

Donald Trump the ACCIDENTAL nominee
Nope. Just the opposite. Not only does Trump win - he wins HUGE. You'll see.

Trump has already lost

Hillary Clinton is going into this race with a 6 to 10 point advantage as the 1st woman Presidential nominee in 240 years. Women are the majority voting block in this country and they will be voting heavily for her.

Trump has an unfavorable rating with women at 73%. Half of Republican women will not cast a vote for Trump, along with millions of Republican men that will not support nor vote for Donald Trump.
73 percent of women voters have an 'unfavorable' view of Donald Trump
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump

17% of the population, or 23 million Hispanics are now solidly in Hillary Clinton's column. This when the GOP nominee, since Reagan needed at least 40% of this block to win the White House, Trump is polling at a negative 80%.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him
Poll: 8 in 10 Hispanics don’t like Trump

These numbers are already indicating a 200 foot high Tsunami is going to hit the Republican party. Frankly, you deserve everything coming you're way. You were warned time and time again, and you ignored it all.

Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.gif
You stupid ass. Women are not voting for Hillary. American women arn't as stupid as you might think. They will be voting for ethics, jobs, and a future for their children.
For you to presume that women are stupid enough to vote for Hillary makes your post irrelevant.

Really? Have you ever READ anything in your entire life? Or are you just attached at the hip to 3 or more daily hours of Reich wing hyperbole, half truths & misconceptions, and sometimes all out lies. Brought to you by Mr. Talent on loan from Gaaaaawd-d and all the others including FOX News. All for political entertainment, ratings and those obscene profit breaks.

23456277210800-05231901.jpg

You lost in 2012 because of women. Your were told by all of the above that Romney lost because he wasn't conservative enough. That was a 100% all out LIE. Mitt Romney's fate, (even though a moderate on abortion,) was sealed long before he even became the nominee. The Evangelical Reich wing of the Republican party decided to turn an already settled-45 year old U.S Supreme court decision into a political issue. That then went into who's not going to pay for birth control pills, that then went into what is legal legitimate rape questions. This sent women running into Obama's column by double digits, younger women by a whopping 36 points which secured a 2nd term for Barack Obama. Of course the debate platform in 2012 was also full of immigration, deportation and amnesty. The last GOP President to win was G.W. Bush he captured 44% of the Hispanic block, Romney only captured 27% of this block.
Why Romney Lost And Republicans Keep Losing
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

So instead of you dumbass's learning anything from the loss of 2012. You lined your platform in 2016 AGAIN with several Knuckle dragging Neanderthals -that could never win women. Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, Bobby Jindhal, Scott Walker, & Rick Perry. All who have extreme stances on abortion. And again your platform with Trump is all about deportation, and wall building.

Women have not come back, in fact you've lost more of them.

You are going to witness the unadulterated power of women and Latino voters in this country on election night. They are going to kick your Lily white ass's in the voting booth.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif
What. Did. You. Do. With. The. Poster. Called. oreo?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You don't seem to get that you Tea baggers--anti Establishment groupies are the minority of the Republican Party.

Right now half of the Republican party won't cast a vote for Donald Trump.
Michael Reagan explains why his father wouldn't have voted for Trump - CNNPolitics.com
Mac Stipanovich: An open letter to my fellow Republicans
Fox News Poll: Clinton up by 6 points, 89 percent say 'hot-headed' describes Trump | Fox News

In your efforts to get a non-establishment candidate you have rino'd yourselves right into a Hillary Clinton Presidency, a loss of the Senate, a ton of seats in the house, and down ballot races all across this country.

Delaware-Tea-Party.jpg

Donald Trump the ACCIDENTAL nominee

Trump has already lost

Hillary Clinton is going into this race with a 6 to 10 point advantage as the 1st woman Presidential nominee in 240 years. Women are the majority voting block in this country and they will be voting heavily for her.

Trump has an unfavorable rating with women at 73%. Half of Republican women will not cast a vote for Trump, along with millions of Republican men that will not support nor vote for Donald Trump.

17% of the population, or 23 million Hispanics are now solidly in Hillary Clinton's column. This when the GOP nominee, since Reagan needed at least 40% of this block to win the White House, Trump is polling at a negative 80%.
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him

These numbers are already indicating a 200 foot high Tsunami is going to hit the Republican party. Frankly, you deserve everything coming you're way. You were warned time and time again, and you ignored it all.

Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.gif
You stupid ass. Women are not voting for Hillary. American women arn't as stupid as you might think. They will be voting for ethics, jobs, and a future for their children.
For you to presume that women are stupid enough to vote for Hillary makes your post irrelevant.

Really? Have you ever READ anything in your entire life? Or are you just attached at the hip to 3 or more daily hours of Reich wing hyperbole, half truths & misconceptions, and sometimes all out lies. Brought to you by Mr. Talent on loan from Gaaaaawd-d and all the others including FOX News. All for political entertainment, ratings and those obscene profit breaks.

You lost in 2012 because of women. Your were told by all of the above that Romney lost because he wasn't conservative enough. That was a 100% all out LIE. Mitt Romney's fate, (even though a moderate on abortion,) was sealed long before he even became the nominee. The Evangelical Reich wing of the Republican party decided to turn an already settled-45 year old U.S Supreme court decision into a political issue. That then went into who's not going to pay for birth control pills, that then went into what is legal legitimate rape questions. This sent women running into Obama's column by double digits, younger women by a whopping 36 points which secured a 2nd term for Barack Obama. Of course the debate platform in 2012 was also full of immigration, deportation and amnesty. The last GOP President to win was G.W. Bush he captured 44% of the Hispanic block, Romney only captured 27% of this block.

So instead of you dumbass's learning anything from the loss of 2012. You lined your platform in 2016 AGAIN with several Knuckle dragging Neanderthals -that could never win women. Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, Bobby Jindhal, Scott Walker, & Rick Perry. All who have extreme stances on abortion. And again your platform with Trump is all about deportation, and wall building.

You are going to witness the unadulterated power of women and Latino voters in this country on election night. They are going to kick your Lily white ass's in the voting booth.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

You didn't know that I am a fiscal conservative that is center?

Trump has already lost

Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.gif

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

No.

Trump has already lost

Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.gif

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

No.

I took off my partisan goggles along time ago, but that doesn't mean I have changed my fiscal conservative ways.

I believe the more the Federal Government spends the more it shrinks private sector growth.

I believe Hillary Clinton is the best candidate in this race, so I am supporting and will be voting for her, and will defend her against the Reich wing dog and pony shows.

I'm guessing Trump passed them up for paid campaign gigs. Poor babies.

For the many years I've been on this forum you've been defending every one of those "GOP Establishment pukes" day in and day out. Until Drumpf came along.

So what does that say about you?

Forum List

Back