GOP on Trump Convention: ‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’

‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’: GOP insiders unload on Trump convention

Republican politicians and operatives are avoiding the convention like the plague. In interviews with Politico, many operatives describe their fear and loathing of next week’s convention in hilariously blunt terms.

“I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend,” GOP digital strategist Will Ritter tells the publication.

“Normally, we’re all jazzed up about getting together and celebrating our nominee,” said GOP pollster Chris Perkins. “There’s nothing to celebrate this cycle. I’m going because I have to, not because I want to.”

“Don’t use my name,” he said. “I don’t want anyone to know I’m there.”

GOP operatives dread Trump convention

“I don’t want anything close to the appearance of supporting Trump,” said Jason Roe, a veteran party strategist. “This ship can sink without me as a passenger.”

And as far as speakers at the convention?

http://gawker.com/the-rncs-only-scheduled-speaker-is-george-i-ve-been-de-1783362105
George Washington, who died 217 years ago of acute laryngitis, will be the first speaker at this year’s Republican National Convention. And as of right now, dead former President George Washington is also the only speaker, according to the official RNC app.
I think most of us Trump supporters would rather stick pins in our eye-balls than listen to a bunch of GOP Establishment pukes talk about America at the RNC.
For the many years I've been on this forum you've been defending every one of those "GOP Establishment pukes" day in and day out. Until Drumpf came along.

So what does that say about you?

I am not going to defend someone just because you voted for someone that decided to put an R behind his name and run on the Republican ticket.

Donald Trump has changed his party status so many times he doesn't know what he is and he's got a long big liberal spending ideology that goes along with it. And don't tell me you didn't notice it. You just ignored it, and went along to get along.

There are millions of Republicans that look at this like I do. The Reich wing hasn't given us a candidate to VOTE for.

Looks like there's a great line up of speakers. Going to put a thread up about it. YAY!

And with Trump in a statistical dead heat with Hillary I think he's going to get a good bounce to take him past her with the convention.
When did you become a blatant liar?

FOXNEWS just released a poll today showing Hillary leading Trump by 12 points in Colorado!

Colorado!!!!

And who is speaking?

Ivanka Trump
Uday Trump
Qusay Trump

Who else?

RCP National Averages but the Reuters out to lunch poll skewers Clinton higher. And the majority are in the margin of error. You need to get up to speed on the speakers.

Here Are the Republican National Convention Speakers We Know Of

1. Sen. Tom Cotton told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday that he will speak in Cleveland next week. "We're waiting to nail down the final date and time, but I look forward to talking about our military and our veterans, and what we need to do to make sure that we're serving them, so they can serve us," he said.
  2. Sen. Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he will speak, but would not confirm more details.
  3. Trump told an Ohio crowd earlier this month that Indiana's legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight will speak at the convention.
  4. Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said Tuesday he'd speak during the first session of the convention in the afternoon. The attorney has brought high-profile cases against same-sex marriage and federal regulations in the past, including some that reached the Supreme Court, according to the Detroit Free Press.
  5. Evangelical pastor Mark Burns will also speak on Monday night, Politico reported. This won't be his first time taking the stage at a Trump-headlined event. He's a regular opener for the presumptive GOP nominee at rallies.
  6. Former New York City Major Rudy Giuliani will also speak. The former mayor, who ran New York City during the 9/11 attacks and is extremely conservative on national security issues, has often defended Trump's more controversial policies on homeland security.
  7. The firebrand Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst -- whose profile got a boost in 2014 with an ad about castrating pigs as a metaphor for taking on the Washington establishment -- will have a prime-time speaking slot and will address the convention on national security, the Des Moines Register reported this week.
  8. Tennessee's Rep. Marsha Blackburn will speak as well, Politico reported.
  9. Gov. Scott Walker told a CNN affiliate this month that he would speak at the RNC; despite criticizing Trump in the past, Walker has argued that not supporting Trump is akin to supporting Democrat Hillary Clinton.
  10. Gov. Mike Huckabee's spokesman told reporters the former 2016 candidate and Arkansas governor would also speak, but it was unclear when.
  11. Gov. Asa Hutchinson will be speaking as well, a strategist said.
More at link:

What a bunch of LOSERS!
4i6Ckte.gif

Mitch McConnell? The Establishment squish?

Huckaminijad? He'll appear anywhere.

Bobby Knight is the only winner of the bunch, and that was a loooong time ago. And who gives a shit what an unhinged basketball coach has to say about politics? You, apparently.

‘I’d rather attend the public hanging of a good friend’: GOP insiders unload on Trump convention

Republican politicians and operatives are avoiding the convention like the plague. In interviews with Politico, many operatives describe their fear and loathing of next week’s convention in hilariously blunt terms.

“I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend,” GOP digital strategist Will Ritter tells the publication.

“Normally, we’re all jazzed up about getting together and celebrating our nominee,” said GOP pollster Chris Perkins. “There’s nothing to celebrate this cycle. I’m going because I have to, not because I want to.”

“I don’t want anything close to the appearance of supporting Trump,” said Jason Roe, a veteran party strategist. “This ship can sink without me as a passenger.”

http://gawker.com/the-rncs-only-scheduled-speaker-is-george-i-ve-been-de-1783362105
George Washington, who died 217 years ago of acute laryngitis, will be the first speaker at this year’s Republican National Convention. And as of right now, dead former President George Washington is also the only speaker, according to the official RNC app.
I think most of us Trump supporters would rather stick pins in our eye-balls than listen to a bunch of GOP Establishment pukes talk about America at the RNC.
For the many years I've been on this forum you've been defending every one of those "GOP Establishment pukes" day in and day out. Until Drumpf came along.

I am not going to defend someone just because you voted for someone that decided to put an R behind his name and run on the Republican ticket.

Donald Trump has changed his party status so many times he doesn't know what he is and he's got a long big liberal spending ideology that goes along with it. And don't tell me you didn't notice it. You just ignored it, and went along to get along.

There are millions of Republicans that look at this like I do. The Reich wing hasn't given us a candidate to VOTE for.
Why did you address that to me?
4i6Ckte.gif

That I'm a realist and not an ideologue. I have a sense of right and wrong.

What does your dogged support of liars on the left say about you?

What the hell does that mean? Oh, I know:

"I voted for it before I voted against it".

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
Nope. But then again I figure a shithead like you couldn't understand pragmatism. You're a party first person, blindly following your leader, no matter how full of shit they are.

Business will be way down for the hookers this year. The GOP convention is always one of their biggest moneymakers, with hookers flying in from across the country.
The DCN gets theirs from the Black Lives Matter activist human traffickers. Course since one got arrested last month they may have to pay a lot more this year.

http://jezebel.com/black-lives-matter-activist-accused-of-trafficking-17-y-1777632638
2 pastors appear in court after human trafficking arrests, prelim hearings set

I can play that game.

Looks like there's a great line up of speakers. Going to put a thread up about it. YAY!

And with Trump in a statistical dead heat with Hillary I think he's going to get a good bounce to take him past her with the convention.
When did you become a blatant liar?

FOXNEWS just released a poll today showing Hillary leading Trump by 12 points in Colorado!

Colorado!!!!

And who is speaking?

Ivanka Trump
Uday Trump
Qusay Trump

Who else?

RCP National Averages but the Reuters out to lunch poll skewers Clinton higher. And the majority are in the margin of error. You need to get up to speed on the speakers.

1. Sen. Tom Cotton told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday that he will speak in Cleveland next week. "We're waiting to nail down the final date and time, but I look forward to talking about our military and our veterans, and what we need to do to make sure that we're serving them, so they can serve us," he said.
  2. Sen. Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he will speak, but would not confirm more details.
  3. Trump told an Ohio crowd earlier this month that Indiana's legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight will speak at the convention.
  4. Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said Tuesday he'd speak during the first session of the convention in the afternoon. The attorney has brought high-profile cases against same-sex marriage and federal regulations in the past, including some that reached the Supreme Court, according to the Detroit Free Press.
  5. Evangelical pastor Mark Burns will also speak on Monday night, Politico reported. This won't be his first time taking the stage at a Trump-headlined event. He's a regular opener for the presumptive GOP nominee at rallies.
  6. Former New York City Major Rudy Giuliani will also speak. The former mayor, who ran New York City during the 9/11 attacks and is extremely conservative on national security issues, has often defended Trump's more controversial policies on homeland security.
  7. The firebrand Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst -- whose profile got a boost in 2014 with an ad about castrating pigs as a metaphor for taking on the Washington establishment -- will have a prime-time speaking slot and will address the convention on national security, the Des Moines Register reported this week.
  8. Tennessee's Rep. Marsha Blackburn will speak as well, Politico reported.
  9. Gov. Scott Walker told a CNN affiliate this month that he would speak at the RNC; despite criticizing Trump in the past, Walker has argued that not supporting Trump is akin to supporting Democrat Hillary Clinton.
  10. Gov. Mike Huckabee's spokesman told reporters the former 2016 candidate and Arkansas governor would also speak, but it was unclear when.
  11. Gov. Asa Hutchinson will be speaking as well, a strategist said.
More at link:

What a bunch of LOSERS!
4i6Ckte.gif

Mitch McConnell? The Establishment squish?

Huckaminijad? He'll appear anywhere.

Bobby Knight is the only winner of the bunch, and that was a loooong time ago. And who gives a shit what an unhinged basketball coach has to say about politics? You, apparently.
I heard McConnell appeared at the opening of an envelope.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
Nope. But then again I figure a shithead like you couldn't understand pragmatism. You're a party first person, blindly following your leader, no matter how full of shit they are.
If you were being a pragmatist you would be just be saying Trump is your choice. What you're doing is trashing all the people you have spent years defending.

Forum List

Back