Gop Offers These 11 Principles

Its what our roads and bridges were like before the government took over

And a Great Job the Government has done!!

Americascrumblinginfrastructure.bmp

Good point......If Republicans would start funding infrastructure maintenance, we could start having safer roads

Thank a TeaTard

Republicans are the only party that can fund infrastructure maintenance?

Democrats should propose a huge tax increase to take care of this stuff. Don't Dems EVER DO ANYTHING????

That's exactly what it does. But that doesn't "compliment" capitalism. It granting tax-payer funded favors to some capitalists, it compromises capitalism.
No it doesn't

Capitalists don't care about long term investments. They care about this quarters or this years profits. By allowing capitalists to control R&D investments we will end up with an economy tied to short term gains.
Government has the capability to invest in projects that yield long term benefits....that is how science works

I wasn't aware that the government invented the automobile?

Maybe the light bulb........um, no.

Telephone?

Personal Computer?

Why are there "Long Term Capital Gains (Losses)" on my tax form 1040 if "Capitalists don't care about long term investments?"

How would the automobile have done without government investment in transportation infrastructure? Automobiles would be expensive toys

It would have done just as well. The only difference would be that private firms would have built the roads. They would have been built for a lot less money, however.

Very true

Imagine our transportation network if it had been build by the private sector. Every road and bridge would be owned by a private company. You want to use my road? pay first
Want to cross this bridge over that little creek? Pay me

I'm working in Dallas right now and all the highways have these automatic photo systems for collecting tolls. So it's exactly the arrangement you believe would be so terrible, only the government is the party collecting the tolls.

You don't really get the idea of capitalism at all, do you?

Capitalism doesn't exist without a strong government

Wrong.

See how your capitalist economy does without a government backed monetary system

We had that until 1914, numskull. The economy did spectacularly. On the other hand, the value of the dollar has decrease by over 90% since the government took control of our money. We also had the worst depression in our entire history.

Even a "numbskull" knows how to spell it

Actually it's spelled both ways, numskull.

No it doesn't

Capitalists don't care about long term investments. They care about this quarters or this years profits. By allowing capitalists to control R&D investments we will end up with an economy tied to short term gains.
Government has the capability to invest in projects that yield long term benefits....that is how science works

Telephone?

Personal Computer?

Why are there "Long Term Capital Gains (Losses)" on my tax form 1040 if "Capitalists don't care about long term investments?"

How would the automobile have done without government investment in transportation infrastructure? Automobiles would be expensive toys

It would have done just as well. The only difference would be that private firms would have built the roads. They would have been built for a lot less money, however.

Very true

Imagine our transportation network if it had been build by the private sector. Every road and bridge would be owned by a private company. You want to use my road? pay first

I'm working in Dallas right now and all the highways have these automatic photo systems for collecting tolls. So it's exactly the arrangement you believe would be so terrible, only the government is the party collecting the tolls.
1% of our roads require tolls

If our roads were in the hands of capitalists, 100% would charge a toll

Telephone?

Personal Computer?

Very true

Not necessarily. The point of laissez faire isn't to eliminate the commons. The point is to keep economic power out of the hands of government. We can make reasonable concessions to convenience in choosing to maintain certain property and services as public goods, without giving the state wide berth to use our tax dollars to manipulate society.

Telephone?

Personal Computer?

Very true

Actually, not. All the roads in the housing development you live were built by the developer. In communities with a HOA or CCD, you pay a monthly fee for the maintenance of the communal property. The roads are part of that communal property.

For the most party, the city maintains only the major thoroughfares. Those can also be converted to toll roads though the same mechanism as used on the toll roads here in Dallas. I fail to see what the objection is to using tolls to maintain roads. That's how things are done in Singapore. Their system has the added advantage that the toll can vary according to the time of day so that drivers are charged more for using the roads during periods of heavy demand. This encourage a more efficient utilization of the roads instead of everyone trying to drive home at the exact same time.

I fail to see the problem with having privately owned roads. What, exactly, is your objection, the fact that the amount you pay becomes obvious?

Very true

Not necessarily. The point of laissez faire isn't to eliminate the commons. The point is to keep economic power out of the hands of government. We can make reasonable concessions to convenience in choosing to maintain certain property and services as public goods, without giving the state wide berth to use our tax dollars to manipulate society.

There's no way to prevent government from expanding into domains where it isn't economically justifiable without eliminating government altogether.

I fail to see the problem with having privately owned roads. What, exactly, is your objection, the fact that the amount you pay becomes obvious?

The problem is that without a huge bureaucratic behemoth whose primary job is to employ the otherwise unemployable, most government would be unnecessary.

And as we all know, ensuring its own relevance is the primary objective of government.

About time the GOP told America what it was offering.

"Pushing back against criticism that the GOP had become defined entirely by opposition to President Obama, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus released a list of 11 “Principles for American Renewal” that he said would guide the GOP agenda should it gain control of government."
GOP debuts new principles to demonstrate positive agenda MSNBC

Any disagreement on these ideas for governing?

Here are the Republican Party's Principles for American Renewal

• Constitution: Our Constitution should be preserved, valued and honored.

• Economy: We need to start growing America’s economy instead of Washington’s economy so that working Americans see better wages and more opportunity.

• Budget/Debt: We need to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, make government more efficient, and leave the next generation with opportunity, not debt.

• Healthcare: We need to start over with real healthcare reform that puts patients and their doctors in charge, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

• Veterans: Our veterans have earned our respect and gratitude, and no veteran should have to wait in line for months or years just to see a doctor.

• Security: Keeping America safe and strong requires a strong military, growing the economy, energy independence, and secure borders.

• Education: Every child should have an equal opportunity to get a great education; no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.

• Poverty: The best anti-poverty program is a strong family and a good job, so our focus should be on getting people out of poverty by lifting up all people and helping them find work.

• Values: Our country should value the traditions of family, life, religious liberty, and hard work.

• Energy: We should make America energy independent by encouraging investment in domestic energy, lowering prices, and creating jobs at home.
  • Immigration: We need an immigration system that secures our borders, upholds the law, and boosts our economy.
  • GOP s Principles for American Renewal GOP

What's not to like?

Are people really going to buy into this nonsensical empty rhetoric pablum?

If that's the best that a major political party can come up with one month before an election, they either have no plan on how to achieve their stated happy talk 'agenda,' or they figure their TRUE agenda wouldn't get them elected if it was revealed.

The problem is that without a huge bureaucratic behemoth whose primary job is to employ the otherwise unemployable, most government would be unnecessary.

And as we all know, ensuring its own relevance is the primary objective of government.

Exactly. What would politicians use to generate bribes . . . . . . er, I mean campaign contributions if it wasn't for their ability to get road construction projects in their districts?

About time the GOP told America what it was offering.

"Pushing back against criticism that the GOP had become defined entirely by opposition to President Obama, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus released a list of 11 “Principles for American Renewal” that he said would guide the GOP agenda should it gain control of government."
GOP debuts new principles to demonstrate positive agenda MSNBC

Any disagreement on these ideas for governing?

Here are the Republican Party's Principles for American Renewal

• Constitution: Our Constitution should be preserved, valued and honored.

• Economy: We need to start growing America’s economy instead of Washington’s economy so that working Americans see better wages and more opportunity.

• Budget/Debt: We need to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, make government more efficient, and leave the next generation with opportunity, not debt.

• Healthcare: We need to start over with real healthcare reform that puts patients and their doctors in charge, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

• Veterans: Our veterans have earned our respect and gratitude, and no veteran should have to wait in line for months or years just to see a doctor.

• Security: Keeping America safe and strong requires a strong military, growing the economy, energy independence, and secure borders.

• Education: Every child should have an equal opportunity to get a great education; no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.

• Poverty: The best anti-poverty program is a strong family and a good job, so our focus should be on getting people out of poverty by lifting up all people and helping them find work.

• Values: Our country should value the traditions of family, life, religious liberty, and hard work.

• Energy: We should make America energy independent by encouraging investment in domestic energy, lowering prices, and creating jobs at home.
  • Immigration: We need an immigration system that secures our borders, upholds the law, and boosts our economy.
  • GOP s Principles for American Renewal GOP

What's not to like?

Are people really going to buy into this nonsensical empty rhetoric pablum?

If that's the best that a major political party can come up with one month before an election, they either have no plan on how to achieve their stated happy talk 'agenda,' or they figure their TRUE agenda wouldn't get them elected if it was revealed.

What's your problem with it, the fact that the voters support everyone one of those ideas?

You want to see some empty rhetoric pablum? How about the claim that we can insure every American, and they won't have to change their plan or their doctors?

Who "doesn't have magic money trees?"

I'm certain you don't mean the US government. They have an orchard of Magic Money Trees.

well I know they believe they do. that's why we the people need to demand some of these federal agencies be cut off and out. It's grown into a money sucking MONSTER that's going to consume us taxpayers.

We need bigger and more aggressive Federal agencies to ensure rigorous enforcement of laws protecting us from capitalist exploitation.

Who "doesn't have magic money trees?"

I'm certain you don't mean the US government. They have an orchard of Magic Money Trees.

well I know they believe they do. that's why we the people need to demand some of these federal agencies be cut off and out. It's grown into a money sucking MONSTER that's going to consume us taxpayers.

We need bigger and more aggressive Federal agencies to ensure rigorous enforcement of laws protecting us from capitalist exploitation.

LOL - Hell yes!!!!

Thank a TeaTard

Republicans are the only party that can fund infrastructure maintenance?

Democrats should propose a huge tax increase to take care of this stuff. Don't Dems EVER DO ANYTHING????

Crickets........

****chirp****

No money where his mouth is.....

****chirp****
I love it when Samson clamors for my attention

Yes, Republicans are the only ones who can fund infrastructure maintenance because they have the power to block it ....and do

Forum List

Back