GOP national sales tax talk backfires, as Dems see political gold: “I believe it would cause the next Great Depression if we impose it," says Schumer

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The Fair Tax isn’t happening and won’t survive regular order, despite assertions from Democrats like Schumer and Biden

In fact, House co-sponsorship of the Fair Tax Act is at a 20-year low. Support has been dwindling for the past decade, dropping by two-thirds since 2013

they're just trolling us at this point. a distraction!

Do I think it's "dangerous"? No. Do I think the country supports it? Not even slightly.

There should be but they are more keen on raising taxes on the “rich”, meaning Republicans, to pay for their nonsense.

7.8 trillion in new debt under Trump. That shouldn't be paid for?

You're blaming Trump for the necessary spending that was incurred because of China's virus, and the global pandemic it caused?

You're free to give back all that stimulus money you got.

Government Debt Chart: United States 2016-2024 - Federal State Local Data

spending.jpg

Last edited:
You're blaming Trump for the necessary spending that was incurred because of China's virus, and the global pandemic it caused?

You're free to give back all that stimulus money you got.

It's always "necessary" when it's your guy doing the spending. Hence the problem.

I didn’t say that it shouldn’t be paid for. I said Democrats, as usual, want someone else to pay for it. Raising taxes is not the answer. Lowering spending and/or lowering taxes is the answer. Yes, tax revenue increases in the long term by lowering the tax burden on taxpayers. Raising taxes simply provides another blank check to the government to frivolously spend and crooked politicians to pocket.

There should be a 30% tax on liberal idiots who voted for Biden.
Meanwhile, it was Andrew Clyde and Jason Smith, both RWNJ"s who came up with the idea, so the tax should be on teabagger idiots who voted for republicans.
They seem to LOVE taxes, now.

I didn’t say that it shouldn’t be paid for. I said Democrats, as usual, want someone else to pay for it. Raising taxes is not the answer. Lowering spending and/or lowering taxes is the answer. Yes, tax revenue increases in the long term by lowering the tax burden on taxpayers. Raising taxes simply provides another blank check to the government to frivolously spend and crooked politicians to pocket.

I am not against cuts BUT they are not going to make up for 31 trillion in debt. Debt the people who enacted it should pay for.

It's always "necessary" when it's your guy doing the spending. Hence the problem.

COVID was a bit unique. Do you not agree?

Regardless, cutting spending should be a priority and the only party, of the two in power, that is even remotely interested in not raising it even further, is the Republican Party.

The Fair Tax isn’t happening and won’t survive regular order, despite assertions from Democrats like Schumer and Biden

In fact, House co-sponsorship of the Fair Tax Act is at a 20-year low. Support has been dwindling for the past decade, dropping by two-thirds since 2013

they're just trolling us at this point. a distraction!

if dems went to a national tax they would no longer see citizens leave their states.
Instead they think that an exit tax will solve the problem. Laughable

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Meanwhile, it was Andrew Clyde and Jason Smith, both RWNJ"s who came up with the idea, so the tax should be on teabagger idiots who voted for republicans.
They seem to LOVE taxes, now.

It would replace the federal income tax. It is a “new” tax, but it would be removing one HUGE one. I guess you and Biden, based on his tweet, weren’t aware of this minor tidbit of important information.

if dems went to a national tax they would no longer see citizens leave their states.
Instead they think that an exit tax will solve the problem. Laughable

It is pretty bad when you have to start penalizing people for leaving.

I am not against cuts BUT they are not going to make up for 31 trillion in debt. Debt the people who enacted it should pay for.

I agree, it must be coupled with, at the very least, a freeze on the increase in spending. This is exactly what the Republicans are proposing…to keep the spending at 2022 levels. Democrats want to increase it yet again.

What really should be happening is what happens in private business every day. Zero-based budgeting. As a manager in the “real” world, you must justify your upcoming expenditures prior to being given a budget. Your budget doesn’t carry over from last quarter as it would not necessarily be relevent for the next. For example, a manager requests extra money in the upcoming budget for purchasing 3 new company vehicles to replace aging ones. This is approved and the budget is increased by 100k to accommodate this request. The following quarter, new vehicles are no longer needed, so why should the budget include the 100k requested in the previous budget? This is exactly how it works in government, up and down the line, which is, frankly, preposterous.

Last edited:

So what other "guy" wouldn't have spent as much to keep the country running during a mass casualty event like a global pandemic?

You seem to be over-simplifying everything and placing blame on everyone but those who deserve the blame. President Trump didn't really spend that much, and the biggest part of he did spend was in 2020, and was unavoidble. How about blaming China instead?

So what other "guy" wouldn't have spent as much to keep the country running during a mass casualty event like a global pandemic?

You seem to be over-simplifying everything and placing blame on everyone but those who deserve the blame. President Trump didn't really spend that much, and the biggest part of he did spend was in 2020, and was unavoidble. How about blaming China instead?
He should have never shut down the country in the first place.

Forum List

Back