GOP Lawmaker Wants To End Higher Education To ‘Save America’ From Liberals

Tennessee lawmaker Kerry Roberts calls for removal of higher education | TribLIVE.com
NASHVILLE — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

They should remove it , this has been nothing but a Gov. scam from day one.
Education is the greatest enemy of modern American conservatism. So not surprised.

Actually, right now it is the greatest enemy of freedom. Brainwashed kids are great for tyrannical governments, but struggle in free societies.

And uneducated people struggle in every society.

I agree. It's a shame that higher education is producing uneducated drones. Vocational training leads to better paying jobs without a huge debt load and no indoctrination.

I agree that there are many college graduates without a clue. And I agree that college campuses are hotbeds of liberalism. College kids tend to be idealists.

But the answer is certainly not closing higher education.

Tennessee lawmaker Kerry Roberts calls for removal of higher education | TribLIVE.com
NASHVILLE — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

Education is the greatest enemy of modern American conservatism. So not surprised.

Actually, right now it is the greatest enemy of freedom. Brainwashed kids are great for tyrannical governments, but struggle in free societies.

I agree. It's a shame that higher education is producing uneducated drones. Vocational training leads to better paying jobs without a huge debt load and no indoctrination.

It would make sense to check the job market before starting a higher education course in some fields, but to imply vocational training is a good replacement for engineers, doctors, and scientists is just childish.

Yeah, because having no doctors, no engineers, no teachers, and no lawyers will make us such a great country, right?

It always amazes me when elected officials fear elections.

those are just trade schools

Trade schools? YOu think doctors, teacher and engineers are going to trade schools? Okey dokey

Look, I think trade schools are a great option. But to claim that high education should be closed because there are too many liberals is laughable.

Yeah, because having no doctors, no engineers, no teachers, and no lawyers will make us such a great country, right?

Trade schools? YOu think doctors, teacher and engineers are going to trade schools? Okey dokey

Look, I think trade schools are a great option. But to claim that high education should be closed because there are too many liberals is laughable.

are you saying going to school to learn a specific trade is dumb??

just look through history and you can see the damage higher education without direction has done to humanity, lesbian dance theory and gender studies is not an intelligence advancing thing to study

It would make sense to check the job market before starting a higher education course in some fields, but to imply vocational training is a good replacement for engineers, doctors, and scientists is just childish.

A young neighbor of mine was going to college, racking up debt, and he asked my advice. I suggested a vocational school.

He found one that interested him, paid the tuition with a loan. And immediately upon graduation had a job offer of 24 an hour with benefits.

He took that job, and after one month, once they saw he was good, he was bumped up to 28 an hour.

Yes, there is a need for engineers, but not everyone is suited to that profession.

Many kids go to college, who shouldn't.

You all like to point to Germany and it's free college, but you ignore the fact that they only allow a small number of people into college.

I agree that there are many college graduates without a clue. And I agree that college campuses are hotbeds of liberalism. College kids tend to be idealists.

But the answer is certainly not closing higher education.

I agree that closing it is a bridge too far, but academia needs to be reigned in. Too much indoctrination, not enough education.

A young neighbor of mine was going to college, racking up debt, and he asked my advice. I suggested a vocational school.

He found one that interested him, paid the tuition with a loan. And immediately upon graduation had a job offer of 24 an hour with benefits.

He took that job, and after one month, once they saw he was good, he was bumped up to 28 an hour.

Yes, there is a need for engineers, but not everyone is suited to that profession.

You all like to point to Germany and it's free college, but you ignore the fact that they only allow a small number of people into college.

thanks to my ex both my sons went 4-5 yrs of college and when they got out both had to go to trade school to learn a useful trade and now both are doing great. thankfully one got a full free ride for baseball, the other has 25K in debts I am helping him pay

thanks to my ex both my sons went 4-5 yrs of college and when they got out both had to go to trade school to learn a useful trade and now both are doing great. thankfully one got a full free ride for baseball, the other has 25K in debts I am helping him pay

Yup. That's true of too many.

When you can't stand the fact people dont' want ONE MORE GOV. PROGRAM THAT INDOCTRINATES the public brainwashes them. WHY DO U IDIOTS THINK U SEE ME CONSTANTLY POST " DUMBING DOWN AMERICA" BY CHARLOTTE ISERBYT

• How Bush Broke the Government - prospect.org
    How Bush Broke the Government
    Dec 11, 2008 · Department of Education: In August, the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights wrote a letter to federally assisted universities outlining, in a few short bullet points, its new and more restrictive policy on race-neutral college admissions. Completely reversing the Clinton administration's support for race-based affirmative action, Bush's OCR compels institutions to seek diversity that is …

I agree that vocational school is great for some people, but to advocate vocational school to replace higher education is stupid. There can be no rational discussion that would include such a premise.

just look through history and you can see the damage higher education without direction has done to humanity, lesbian dance theory and gender studies is not an intelligence advancing thing to study

Have I posted anything resembling a claim that trade schools are dumb? In fact, if you actually read my post, I said "Look, I think trade schools are a great option.". And they are.

But you said that doctors, engineers, teachers and lawyers are just trade school grads?

I agree that vocational school is great for some people, but to advocate vocational school to replace higher education is stupid. There can be no rational discussion that would include such a premise.

When higher education is churning out degrees that have no value, yes, the discussion needs to take place.

I see kids all over Reno working jobs that will never pay enough to pay off their student debt.

That is criminal. Far better for those degrees to have never been created.

Have I posted anything resembling a claim that trade schools are dumb? In fact, if you actually read my post, I said "Look, I think trade schools are a great option.". And they are.

But you said that doctors, engineers, teachers and lawyers are just trade school grads?

so law school isnt a school for a specific trade???
what about med school or a school that specializes in a specific trade

those are trade schools

I think your brain has turned to mush from debating daniel for so long

those are trade schools

Oh, do you know anyone just going to medical school or law school?

Or do they earn a degree, with an education in a variety of subjects, before entering those "trade schools". And no, I do not think they are trade schools. Just because they focus on one area does not make them trade schools.

When higher education is churning out degrees that have no value, yes, the discussion needs to take place.

I see kids all over Reno working jobs that will never pay enough to pay off their student debt.

Far better that the students check job availability for a specific career before they choose that particular rout.

And they may never work in the area of their degree. I have a degree in secondary ed/comprehensive sciences. Other than student teaching, I never worked in my field. But I have gotten promotions because I have a degree.

those are trade schools

Oh, do you know anyone just going to medical school or law school?

Or do they earn a degree, with an education in a variety of subjects, before entering those "trade schools". And no, I do not think they are trade schools. Just because they focus on one area does not make them trade schools.

a single school cant teach many separate trades, and most do

Forum List

Back