GOP is making sure that student loan debt is crushing young people

Dem student loan bill fails | TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked consideration of a bill that would allow people to refinance their student loan debt in a 56-38 vote on Wednesday.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) authored S. 2432, the Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act, which would allow more than 25 million people to refinance their student loans to today’s lower interest rates of less than 4 percent.

Democrats have been pushing their “fair shot” agenda ahead of the November elections by holding votes on student loans, raising the minimum wage and ensuring women have equal pay for equal work — but Republicans have blocked all of legislative measures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans could do something to help the middle class. Then again, maybe not.
Republicans must pursue the almighty profit at all costs.

Well when Trump and Republicans fuck over students with student loans, it sort of makes this old thread relevant again don't you think?

Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis

The Trump administration’s scandalous handling of student loans

You don't have to take loans to go to college

Sure, when your parents are one percenters

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're an ignorant Baby Boomer because only people your age make such a stupid comparison between the cost of schooling in your generation and mine.

Nope I'm Gen Xer

And you can still go to school part time while you work full time

Where is it written in the holy scripture that you must complete a college degree in the 4 years immediately after high school?

If you don’t, the chances of ever finishing your degree are slim.

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're an ignorant Baby Boomer because only people your age make such a stupid comparison between the cost of schooling in your generation and mine.

Nope I'm Gen Xer

Where is it written in the holy scripture that you must complete a college degree in the 4 years immediately after high school?

Plenty of people get college degrees without attending full time

and attending full time only results in about 52% of college students actually getting a degree

Just Over Half of All College Students Actually Graduate, Report Finds

Well when Trump and Republicans fuck over students with student loans, it sort of makes this old thread relevant again don't you think?

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

Nope I'm Gen Xer

I got 2 Bachelors' degrees and my MBA while holding a full time job

I guess as a liberal minded person, we want to make college more affordable not less so poor people can go. So MORE people can go. Your way, less people will go. I guess Republicans are ok with dumbing down our society. They/You want to keep the masses uneducated. It's easier to pay someone without a college degree less. You small business owners need manual labor. If the masses can't afford to go to college, they'll just come work for you for the crumbs you will provide a person like that.

Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment - The Hechinger Report

But you are right. College is a business and they can charge whatever they want. If people stop going then they'll be forced to lower their prices.

University of Phoenix's angle is that a busy working person with a family can attend their college. I should start another private for profit school that is also accredited but just charge $10K a year. That's what they were about 10 years ago now I hear they are $20K a year. WTF? Why did their prices double? People should stop signing up.

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

Nope I'm Gen Xer

I got 2 Bachelors' degrees and my MBA while holding a full time job

Awesome! Good for you.

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

Nope I'm Gen Xer

and attending full time only results in about 52% of college students actually getting a degree

Just Over Half of All College Students Actually Graduate, Report Finds
I had to go home every summer and work full time so I could go back in the fall. Plus I worked part time while I went to school to pay for food, beer, women, etc....

A lot of the kids I went to school with got to take classes over the summer. I didn't. So it took me 5 years to finish. 24 credit hours a year x 5 = 120 Bachelors Degree.

Did you know that you can CLEP test out of 30 credit hours? Things like Math, english, social sciences, electives, humanities, etc.... Colleges don't tell kids this because they want you to take their classes and pay the money. Rather than a couple thousand for the class you pay a couple hundred and test out. Save thousands of dollars.

Now you only have to worry about paying for 3 years of college

Register for CLEP Exams

I guess as a liberal minded person, we want to make college more affordable not less so poor people can go. .....

And what exactly is the benefit to society of having more people attend college and never complete a degree?

Do something positive for college educated kids saddled with a ridiculous interest rate on their massive student debt?

Meh :eusa_hand: If they're college educated, they probably won't vote Republican - So fuck 'em!

I guess as a liberal minded person, we want to make college more affordable not less so poor people can go. .....

And what exactly is the benefit to society of having more people attend college and never complete a degree?
The money they spend. It's good when people spend their money. Not for them but fthe economy loves it.

And it makes my degree more valuable when not everyone has one. Do you want to make it like your high school where all you have to do is show up? When's the last time you failed a kid? Rare isn't it?

Do something positive for college educated kids saddled with a ridiculous interest rate on their massive student debt?

Meh :eusa_hand: If they're college educated, they probably won't vote Republican - So fuck 'em!
Yes because most Republicans aren't educated at all.

Dem student loan bill fails | TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked consideration of a bill that would allow people to refinance their student loan debt in a 56-38 vote on Wednesday.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) authored S. 2432, the Bank on Students Emergency Loan Refinancing Act, which would allow more than 25 million people to refinance their student loans to today’s lower interest rates of less than 4 percent.

Democrats have been pushing their “fair shot” agenda ahead of the November elections by holding votes on student loans, raising the minimum wage and ensuring women have equal pay for equal work — but Republicans have blocked all of legislative measures.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans could do something to help the middle class. Then again, maybe not.
Wrong. People taking on debt, that they cannot, or are unwilling to pay back is the problem. No one forced anyone to borrow money. Just a bunch of whiners that want a "get out of debt free" card.

I did it.

Work full time
Go to school part time

Get a degree no debt

Nope I'm Gen Xer

and attending full time only results in about 52% of college students actually getting a degree....

More than double the rate of part-time students.

The money they spend. It's good when people spend their money. .....

Not when it's money you idiot democrats have stolen from productive members of society.

...... When's the last time you failed a kid? Rare isn't it?

Not at all rare.
You don't fail anyone unless they are blatantly not showing up.

School districts in the Washington area and across the country are adopting grading practices that make it more difficult for students to flunk classes, that give students opportunities to retake exams or turn in late work, and that discourage or prohibit teachers from giving out zeroes.

The modern American school system does not encompass or define learning, it is a dominant subset of it. Do you want to know why I dislike school? Homework, sure, but more important than that are these four ways that school trains us to fail in “the real world.”

The no-zero policy finally gets a failing grade | Troy Media

The money they spend. It's good when people spend their money. .....

Not when it's money you idiot democrats have stolen from productive members of society.
Did you mind when Trump stole money from productive members of society by conning them into Trump University?

Federal court approves $25 million Trump University settlement

Obama remains the greatest predatory lender in the history of humanity
Not true.
Obama not only managed to do some help for college borrowers but he also passed credit card reform.
You know Republicans just want to screw these people, Come on we all know it.
Obama got young kids hooked on $1,000,000,000,000 of debt. Millennials have to choose between leaving home or paying back Obama's debts
Obama took the student loan program away from the banks which were soaking it for $60 billion.
When it was time to pass legislation to help these kids Republicans were in power.
The thing is I know that you know Republicans would never help these kids so for one time just be honest and admit the truth.

Forum List

Back