GOP Debate Audience Boos U.S. Soldier in Iraq

Rick Santorum Owes Gay Soldier an Apology

(Washington, D.C.) – “Tonight, Rick Santorum disrespected our brave men and women in uniform, and he owes Stephen Hill, the gay soldier who asked him the question about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell repeal, an immediate apology.

“That brave gay soldier is doing something Rick Santorum has never done – put his life on the line to defend our freedoms and our way of life. It is telling that Rick Santorum is so blinded by his anti-gay bigotry that he couldn’t even bring himself to thank that gay soldier for his service.

“Stephen Hill is serving our country in Iraq, fighting a war Senator Santorum says he supports. How can Senator Santorum claim to support this war if he doesn’t support the brave men and women who are fighting it?”

» Rick Santorum Owes Gay Soldier an Apology

(Washington, D.C.) – “Tonight, Rick Santorum disrespected our brave men and women in uniform, and he owes Stephen Hill, the gay soldier who asked him the question about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell repeal, an immediate apology.

“That brave gay soldier is doing something Rick Santorum has never done – put his life on the line to defend our freedoms and our way of life. It is telling that Rick Santorum is so blinded by his anti-gay bigotry that he couldn’t even bring himself to thank that gay soldier for his service.

“Stephen Hill is serving our country in Iraq, fighting a war Senator Santorum says he supports. How can Senator Santorum claim to support this war if he doesn’t support the brave men and women who are fighting it?”

No he doesn't. He's just saying out loud what the vast majority of Republicans are thinking.

No he doesn't. He's just saying out loud what the vast majority of Republicans are thinking.

NO, that is a statement from GOProud. TRUE conservatives understand Rick Santorum is a delusional bigot. A few morons cheering does NOT represent conservatism.

well now who didn't see Gop proud getting their panties in bunch over this.

Like I said, IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM.

Nor do hateful morons on messageboards represent conservatism. :rolleyes:

No one who boos an American soldier can call themselves a patriot.

Barry Goldwater said it best:
"Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."

Your endless need to quote others is pathetic and meaningless. I've told you that several times. It does not make you look intelligent. It makes you look spineless. There is no need for a honest person to quote others words.

And.... they weren't booing the soldier, they were booing his opinion. I happen to disagree with them. I have no issue with gays serving in the military. I have concerns about how the repeal of DADT will impact our military but they are grown ups and they can deal with it.

But it appears that the left's new tactic is to call anyone who disagrees with them a 'traitor'. If you refer to the Constitution, which defines what 'treason' is, your use of the term is ridiculous. Not fucking rocket science, idiot.

I disagree whole heartedly with it, because I "having served" know the implications. It's not about fairness at all, gays have always served in the military, that is a none issue. Ask yourself why the left would want them to serve openly "The left have always despised the military". Think about it. It breaks down moral, especially in combat units.
Obama and the politicians are traitors for passing this bill, nothing less, and they will be judged.
It's different for people on the street to think "Hey, the person is gay, who cares" compared to the soldier in combat. I dont expect anyone to understand that has not been there, but it is, and that is why the left passed this shit. It's to break down troop moral. I knew gays when I was in, and this was the last thing they wanted believe it or not.

You know, you can pretty much substitute "black" for the word "gay" in your post and you'll have close to the same arguments that Harry Truman faced when he de-segregated the troops in 1948.

I work with several gays. When they first came out there was a lot of uncomfortable feelings about working, eating and showering with them (yes, we have a large, open shower room). But over time people realized that they weren't "oogling their bodies" or making subtle passes at them. They once again became "one of the guys" and today nobody even thinks about it. Had you asked me 30 years ago and I would have felt differently.

We're already seeing a changing attitude in the military. There is still a lot of bigotry like yours but it's slowly going away.

Military poll shows less opposition to gays serving openly

People are learning that predudicial attitudes like yours are no longer acceptable and someone should not be prevented from serving just because he or she happens to be gay.

It is amazing to watch my society go mad.

I read about this kind of event happening in history and could never understand how it could possible happen.

And now here I am watching my society go nuts right in front of my eyes.

And now I understand how that happens.

Faith based thinking

Not necessarily religious faith, but when faith-based thinking triumphs over reality based thinking pretty much anything goes.

We saw this happen to NAZI Germany and we asked ourselves what was wrong with the German culture.

We're seeing this happening right now in the USA and few of us can admit it to ourselves...our society is going stark raving mad, folks.

Wow!

That's really all that I can think of to say.

WOW!

Occassionally the irrational collective mind overcomes the rational collective mind and that society sets itself up for a shitstorm of insanity.

Last edited:
It is a sign that Americans do not approve of gays in the military. I agree.

It does nothing of the sort. It shows (AGAIN) that some in the GnOP are hypocrites. They only support some troops...mostly the ones that think and worship like them. A Muslim soldier probably would have gotten booed as well.

As for the American people and DADT, you couldn't be further from the truth...

Three fourths of Americans supported the lifting of DADT.

Poll: 78 percent favor repealing 'Don't ask, don't tell'

boy, the right is clueless. its funny how out of no where they try and turn this into a self serving gay issue. which is laughable at best.

They asked the kids in the military if they minded serving with the openly gay.

Guess what they said?

They asked the kids in the military if they minded serving with the openly gay.

Guess what they said?

Those "kids" are more men than anyone you will ever meet.

But they did an internal review of those serving and found it was a non issue.

You insult one in the Armed Forces, you insult ALL in the Armed Forces. Booing him is booing all of those putting their lives on the line for this country.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHG

yet again the GOP is stuck on the WRONG side of history

New Topics

Forum List

Back