Goodell Makes Move Sure to Upset Football Fans

How much longer will the NFL last if they don't replace Goodell?

---NFL's Roger Goodell Now Says: 'We Were Wrong' About the Anthem Protests...and Trump Responds---

Why are you so sure it will upset football fans?

Most people didn't care one way or the other about the kneeling.

I haven't watch the NFL in a while. It is definitely banned in my house. If baseball pulls this kind of stuff it will be flushed as well.
Rangers FC already started this shit with their "Everyone Anyone" horseshit last year...however that was kept off the field. It would kill me to get rid of them but if they do...they will go as well.

Liberals hate NFL football with a passion and want it destroyed. It's too violent and its fans are American flag waving patriotic deplorables.
They want it replaced with Euro-weenie style soccer. .. :cool:

You're right of course. Football is a tremendous sport compared to the sissy soccer games that people riot over in England and that. I played football in high school, and I thought I was pretty good at center and right guard. Good sport for building character and teamwork.

---NFL's Roger Goodell Now Says: 'We Were Wrong' About the Anthem Protests...and Trump Responds---

Bullshit.

I dumped the NFL years ago. I watch college football now.

I was thunking about giving the NFL another chance this year but Goodell just blew any possibility of that!
Oh no. He's going to be devastated. :badgrin:

Probably not.

After all, the NFL figures to get all kinds of new Liberal fans to take the place of the conservative ones they are telling to "F off".
Getting a better quality fan.
We clean up after ourselves.
If you'd stop shitting on street corners, you wouldn't have to clean up after yourselves.

……...3 extra hours per week have been freed up for myself....
The NFL has cut their own profits.
The NFL players have cut their own pay.
If Kaperkick was just making a protest about police brutality that would have been debatable but OK.
But he made it a faux racial issue, which makes him a racist.
Too bad. The NFL used to be fun to watch.
But watching spoiled multi millionaires spewing hatred for the country that made them rich and famous is not entertaining.

……...3 extra hours per week have been freed up for myself....
The NFL has cut their own profits.
The NFL players have cut their own pay.
If Kaperkick was just making a protest about police brutality that would have been debatable but OK.
But he made it a faux racial issue, which makes him a racist.
Too bad. The NFL used to be fun to watch.
But watching spoiled multi millionaires spewing hatred for the country that made them rich and famous is not entertaining.

When I was a kid, the NFL really wasn't big news. The college game was a lot bigger, Cosell wasn't around yet.

It just looks like the current NFL is killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

It's simple, it was a respite. Tailgating with old friends, the feel of the excitement building until kickoff. The National Anthem, marching bands, a flyover and then life played out on the field with all the ups and downs. Three hours of fun and excitement with no regard for race, the economy, politics or country of origin.

Now every game has politics somewhere. It would never have crossed the mind of Howard Cosell, John Madden, Don Meridith, not any of the other great announcers to talk politics during the game much less to bring it onto the field.

Last edited:
Just wait until Kaepernick gets a job.

And people pretend they support peaceful protests. LOL
He won't get a job....He's a running QB whom defenses have figured out, and sucks as a dropback passer.

Daunte Culpepper made the transition and he survived being just a marginally effective dropback QB....Colon only wishes he could be that mediocre.

Last edited:

Kaepernick just isn't that good. Further, people were bored of his anti-American schtick.

He should have either "Cranked it up" and go more outrageous with his communist gimmick.
Or done a face turn, becoming patriotic

It's simple, it was a respite. Tailgating with old friends, the feel of the excitement building until kickoff. The National Anthem, marching bands, a flyover and then life played out on the field with all the ups and downs. Three hours of fun and excitement with no regard for race, the economy, politics or country of origin.

Now every game has politics somewhere. It would never have crossed the mind of Howard Cosell, John Madden, Don Meridith, not any of the other great announcers to talk politics during the game much less to bring it onto the field.
It's two minutes of a few guys not standing up.

Don't be such a snowflake.

He's right. They were wrong about the protests.
Or do you prefer whats going on now?
Hmmm?
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the thing is Goddel is not sincere in saying this,he only madethat statement cause he was put under pressure from some of the black NFL players. I tip my cap to the kneelers,I stand with them .:thup:

I salute you for dumping the corrupt NFL cartel,the no fan loyalty league as you did a long time ago for college football after how the owners have ruined the game so badly but I’m extremely disappointed you would even think about coming back to watch it this year.never get away from college ball,that’s the way to go :thup:

I thought with the Rams coming back to LA as they have, a dream I had had ever since they left for stank louis over 20 years ago,that with them back where they belong finally,I would get excited about football again but the NFL is far more corrupt now than it ever was back in the mid 90,s before they left for stank louis I can’t fathom WHY anybody still watches it. :rolleyes-41: They have turned the sport into a joke with all these teams moving from city to city rams to LA the exception of course.

I'm done with the NFL too. Goodell and Brees were the last straws. Total un American crap.
Glad to hear your done with the NFL pilot but I wish it were for the much better reason of all this bullshit relocations all these asshole owners taking a shit on their fans in the no fan loyalty league,I wish that after the chargers left,THAT was the final straw for you same as it was for me.

Kaepernick just isn't that good. Further, people were bored of his anti-American schtick.

He should have either "Cranked it up" and go more outrageous with his communist gimmick.
Or done a face turn, becoming patriotic

Protest is as patriotic as one can be.

It's two minutes of a few guys not standing up.

Don't be such a snowflake.

Other countries don't put up with that shit.

Whether the country is free or communist, Christian or Hindu, good or bad.- people stand for the national anthem at the Olympics and elsewhere in sports.

Why are Americans considered to be such reprobates compared to the people of Canada, Mexico, UK, Belarus, Upper Volta, North Korea and Zimbabwe?

Further, when the NFL plays games in England, and if some of the American players decide to protest against the UK by taking a knee because of the way they treated Wat Tyler during the Deplorables Revolt or some other reason, will that be allowed too?

Forum List

Back