GOOD THOUGHTS

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
Returning to this board has been very good for my little grey cells. For several years I have attended a race relations discussion called “Come to the Table.” I was beginning to tire of this particular program because it seemed like the same ole, same ole after a while.

We started by reading aloud the rules and guidelines for our discussion, agreeing to not interrupt each other, being respectful, etc. Then we would spend time going around the circle and each person would get 3 minutes to express their opinion on a certain topic. IT WAS JUST LIKE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR.. We were all thoughtful, well-meaning folks with similar values and goals. Unlike here, everyone was always respectful of others and was never critical of another person’s viewpoint.

But the world around us is diverse in many ways and I think it behooves us to listen to everyone, to consider what they say and ultimately determine for ourselves whether we agree or disagree with what they said. We also need to examine ourselves and determine the reason for that agreement or disagreement. What’s going on in my own head right now? And why? What is it about my own world view that determines how I feel about people who are not like me? If I hate someone – why? If I love someone – why? This is important to understand because how I think about people will determine how I end up feeling about them. Feelings come from thought patterns. Negative thoughts – negative feelings (justified or unjustified).

So, if I can understand and control my thinking processes, I can understand and control my feelings toward others. This will result in changes in my attitudes and behavior towards them.

And ultimately, if we all treated each other better, I think the world would be a better place.

Can I get an AMEN?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Returning to this board has been very good for my little grey cells. For several years I have attended a race relations discussion called “Come to the Table.” I was beginning to tire of this particular program because it seemed like the same ole, same ole after a while.

We started by reading aloud the rules and guidelines for our discussion, agreeing to not interrupt each other, being respectful, etc. Then we would spend time going around the circle and each person would get 3 minutes to express their opinion on a certain topic. IT WAS JUST LIKE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR.. We were all thoughtful, well-meaning folks with similar values and goals. Unlike here, everyone was always respectful of others and was never critical of another person’s viewpoint.

But the world around us is diverse in many ways and I think it behooves us to listen to everyone, to consider what they say and ultimately determine for ourselves whether we agree or disagree with what they said. We also need to examine ourselves and determine the reason for that agreement or disagreement. What’s going on in my own head right now? And why? What is it about my own world view that determines how I feel about people who are not like me? If I hate someone – why? If I love someone – why? This is important to understand because how I think about people will determine how I end up feeling about them. Feelings come from thought patterns. Negative thoughts – negative feelings (justified or unjustified).

So, if I can understand and control my thinking processes, I can understand and control my feelings toward others. This will result in changes in my attitudes and behavior towards them.

And ultimately, if we all treated each other better, I think the world would be a better place.

Can I get an AMEN?

Can I introduce you to the forum racists...

IM2 and Superbadbrutha

There are other racists, but these are the two most disgusting.

I believe the people have better intentions and have a better understanding of what needs to be done than elite politicians give them credit for.

All for one, and one for all. <= this is a balanced equation of humanity.

Can I get an AMEN?
I'd rather watch paint dry than make kumbaya talk, touchy-feely and such.

How did you leave yourself off of the list and all your other white racist buddies. I guess that is the new thing now, claim that the folks who have been on the receiving end of racism as the racist.
White grievance. It's popular among racists.

At least he didn't call you UPPITY this time. Racist crazies gotta racist crazy.

No doubt you can't link to me calling Klanboi "uppity?"

No?

You're just lying - as always?

Racists are stupid - universally.

You are stupid - demonstrably. But correlation is not causation. You may well be just as stupid as your bigot buddies, but your goal is totalitarian power for your filthy party. Genocide would just be a happy side-effect in your world.

For IM2 fucking stupid, Genocide is his raison d'être

No doubt you can't link to me calling Klanboi "uppity?"

No?

You're just lying - as always?

Racists are stupid - universally.

You are stupid - demonstrably. But correlation is not causation. You may well be just as stupid as your bigot buddies, but your goal is totalitarian power for your filthy party. Genocide would just be a happy side-effect in your world.

For IM2 fucking stupid, Genocide is his raison d'être
You are a racist. We have seen plenty of evidence from you showing it.

You are a racist. We have seen plenty of evidence from you showing it.
It's a good thing that white racism isn't what is holding blacks back (as per your 'statement'). Thus, it's nothing more than fodder for conversation on boards such as this.

Can I get an AMEN?
I think the world would be a better place if we all did the right thing. Treating others better doesn't change their bad behavior.

Can I get an AMEN?
the sky so bitter
all humans
the enemy
nature turns away
shivering and in pain
welcome to the new
to much depression
love an elusive phantom
give me the warm
the glory
of better days
soft touches
long embraces
trying to be strong
putting up
that brave face
a bummer night
a nightmare
will pass
a little childs smile
is so beautiful
an innocent wave
of a tiny hand
a sweet furry kitten
escape to some pretty
hidden place
deep inside
but dont stay to long
the world needs you
when you are beautiful
and your soul
has been touched
by love

the sky so bitter
all humans
the enemy
nature turns away
shivering and in pain
welcome to the new
to much depression
love an elusive phantom
give me the warm
the glory
of better days
soft touches
long embraces
trying to be strong
putting up
that brave face
a bummer night
a nightmare
will pass
a little childs smile
is so beautiful
an innocent wave
of a tiny hand
a sweet furry kitten
escape to some pretty
hidden place
deep inside
but dont stay to long
the world needs you
when you are beautiful
and your soul
has been touched
by love
I think that's quite lovely. Did you write it?

Boy, are you in the wrong place for that.
You could be right about that. But Ecclesiastes 11:1 says to cast our bread upon the waters. An explanation of that verse says "sow seeds of goodness every day, even when it doesn't make sense. Be diligent about sowing goodness. Then goodness will become a part of who you are, not just a thing that you do, and the world will be a better place because of it."

Forum List

Back