Good thing this British woman didn't have a gun, sure, she may lose the sight in one eye...but....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This woman was stalked and targeted by two men. They attacked her, punched in the face and now she may lose the sight in her eye...but hey.....at least she didn't stop the attack using a gun.....

Former Apprentice star blinded in one eye after being attacked by two men | Metro News

She will now need plastic surgery for her shattered cheek bones and cannot be left alone because of a head injury. Elle Stevenson was brutally attacked after her work Christmas party (Picture: INS News Agency Ltd) ‘They battered me,’ she said on December 18, almost a week after the incident . ‘One man went behind me and pushed me and the next thing I knew my face went forward and was met with two punches.

------

Elle, who competed for a job with Sir Alan Sugar in 2015, has now been left furious after she claims police told her the case had already been closed – despite there being CCTV footage of the attack. ‘I rang the police a couple of days after and was told the file had been closed,’ she said.

From the discription of the event, a gun would have made no difference; if anything the criminals would have walked away with her gun, had she had one. Another pathetic attempt by 2aguy to push his NRA agenda on the Europe forum.

Britain's murder rate is far lower than the US
the US has one of the highest gun ownership rates--but stuff like this happens
people get robbed/raped/beaten/etc

From the discription of the event, a gun would have made no difference; if anything the criminals would have walked away with her gun, had she had one. Another pathetic attempt by 2aguy to push his NRA agenda on the Europe forum.

No....you don't know what you are talking about. Had the woman had a firearm, they would have left her alone.......as this woman found out....

Notice the difference in outcome between the two stories.......hmmmm...I wonder what the difference was?

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

LANCASTER, Ohio - It happened along a walking path in Lancaster.

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"I think if they'd gotten any closer, I probably would have fired,” said Burns.

It was Monday when Burns was on a footpath near Sanderson Elementary School.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

The men weren't deterred by Dinah's dog Gracie.

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

"Most of the males' opinion was, 'Why didn't you shoot them?'"

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

And you are making an argument that isn't accurate. Women are one of the lowest groups for carrying guns for self defense......and again...gun crime in Britain is going up, while it is going down in the U.S......you should try a new argument.

And you are making an argument that isn't accurate. Women are one of the lowest groups for carrying guns for self defense......and again...gun crime in Britain is going up, while it is going down in the U.S......you should try a new argument.
the US has HUGE gun ownership, but most murder victims are males
you always bring up Britain--which has a murder rate FOUR times LOWER
????!!!!!

the US has HUGE gun ownership, but most murder victims are males
you always bring up Britain--which has a murder rate FOUR times LOWER
????!!!!!

I bring up Britain because they actually went all the way and banned and confiscated guns...leaving only a few small hunting shotguns for the rich to hunt quail.......and their gun crime rate is going up, not down...showing that gun control, on an island, doesn't work to keep criminals from getting guns.

You focus on the murder rate, thinking it has a relationship to gun control working....and it doesn't......since the criminals are getting more guns, not less.....they just aren't committing murder with them...so your example isn't relevant.

No....you don't know what you are talking about. Had the woman had a firearm, they would have left her alone.......as this woman found out....

Notice the difference in outcome between the two stories.......hmmmm...I wonder what the difference was?

Dinah Burns is licensed to carry a concealed gun, but she'd only recently started taking her weapon while walking her dog.

Based on what happened, it looks like she'll make a point of carrying from now on.

"Two gentlemen came out of the woods, one holding a baseball bat, and said 'You're coming with us'."

"I said, 'Well, what do you want?,' and as I was saying that I reached in to my pocket and slipped my gun out, slipped the safety off as I pulled it out. As I was doing that the other gentleman came toward me and raised the baseball bat. And, I pointed the gun at them and said, 'I have this and I'm not afraid to use it.'"

The men took off and so far have eluded police. Dinah posted about the incident on Facebook to alert friends and neighbors, to criticism by some.

Easy to second-guess a decision made under pressure, based on her concealed carry training, and police agree.

"To get out of a situation, back out, get out of it as much as you can without having to discharge your firearm."

"I will say it's a good thing to go from a place of danger to a place of safety, however you get that done,” said Sgt. Matt Chambers, Lancaster Police.

"Very thankful that it turned out the way it did, and hope it doesn't happen again, but I will be prepared."

In one case the attacker attacked the victim from behind by surprise sending her off balance allowing his accomplice to punch her. In such a circumstance, she would never have been able to pull out a gun and even if she had, she'd never have been able to use it, before she was overpowered and the gun taken off her. In the second instance the woman had plenty of warning. Has the man with the baseball bat attacked her from behind, her gun would have made no difference. QED

In one case the attacker attacked the victim from behind by surprise sending her off balance allowing his accomplice to punch her. In such a circumstance, she would never have been able to pull out a gun and even if she had, she'd never have been able to use it, before she was overpowered and the gun taken off her. In the second instance the woman had plenty of warning. Has the man with the baseball bat attacked her from behind, her gun would have made no difference. QED

You don't know what you are talking about...actual, real world self defense using a gun often starts with the victim being surprised by the attacker, many times shot or stabbed first, and many times punched or choked......she knew these guys were a threat, which would have changed her self defense posture if she didn't live in a country where everyone is helpless in the face of violent attackers....and had she used her gun in the first attack, when they robbed her, they wouldn't have returned to attack her the second time.....

And, of course, you have to ignore the fact that the woman from the article I posted was facing 2 men as well, one armed with a bat, who was on his way to hitting her with that bat when she stopped both of them with her gun.

Now tell me, oh genius, what is the better outcome for you.....that the woman endure whatever they had planned for her, or that she stopped them both simply by drawing her gun and running the off....? Notice, she didn't fire a shot, no one was injured and she wasn't beaten, raped or robbed by the two men.... and she still has sight in both eyes....

And, of course, you have to ignore the fact that the woman from the article I posted was facing 2 men as well, one armed with a bat, who was on his way to hitting her with that bat when she stopped both of them with her gun.

Now tell me, oh genius, what is the better outcome for you.....that the woman endure whatever they had planned for her, or that she stopped them both simply by drawing her gun and running the off....? Notice, she didn't fire a shot, no one was injured and she wasn't beaten, raped or robbed by the two men.... and she still has sight in both eyes....

I've not ignored anything, I merely pointed out that one woman FACED two alleged attackers, as opposed to being ambushed from BEHIND. In the first instance the alleged victim had time to draw a gun; in the second instance the victim was "taken out" before she had a chance to "defend" herself. In the second scenario a gun would have made no difference to the outcome whatsoever. Consider in the first scenario if the victim was attacked by surprise from behind by the baseball bat wielding man, she'd have had no chance whatsoever to draw her gun, THAT'S my point.

You don't know what you are talking about...actual, real world self defense using a gun often starts with the victim being surprised by the attacker, many times shot or stabbed first, and many times punched or choked......she knew these guys were a threat, which would have changed her self defense posture if she didn't live in a country where everyone is helpless in the face of violent attackers....and had she used her gun in the first attack, when they robbed her, they wouldn't have returned to attack her the second time.....
You really need to read your own article before mouthing off.

You need to read the article....she was robbed by them, then saw them again......they weren't afraid of her in any way since they approached the victim they had just robbed...they weren't afraid of her calling the police, they were not afraid of going after her again

The two men had approached Elle and her friend as they sat on some steps after leaving Heaven nightclub.

One of the men then stole her phone without her realising, causing her to ‘sprint down the road’ after them and grab it back. ‘We went to McDonalds, sat down and had something to eat and were talking about it and then left,’ she said.

‘Then we saw the same two men again and my friend started shouting for people to be careful and that the thieves were back.

‘One man then came around behind me and shoved me in the back and as I fell forwards I was hit in the face twice by another man. ‘Everything then went quiet and I went to the floor. I realised it was quite bad when I felt blood pouring down my face.

Had she had a gun to defend herself, they would not have approached her again........they had no fear about going back to the very same victim they had just robbed..........they did not fear repurcussions.....

And you need to know a "smidgen" of history before inserting your foot in yours.

The greater picture FOR gun ownership is not self-defense. It is National Defense.
History proves that an armed civilian population is less likely to fall victim to tyrants.

Given your TDS with Trump, it would seem you might understand. Apparently you leftist fakes don't feel much threatened by Trump after all or you'd be defending your rights to bear arms, not begging to give them away.

The alternative is that you folks really are JUST THAT Stupid.

The Problem IS NOT guns, it's Liberal policies creating hordes of entitled, savage, lawless Democrats.
America didn't have these problems until it's citizenry became stupid enough to embrace Destructive LEFTISTS policies.
while there were some incidences, it was VERY rare. Today, in Leftist America this type of savagery and chaos is the 'norm'

The overwhelming vast majority of the gun violence you cry about is committed by YOUR OWN POLICIES that you support. And it's nearly always in deep BLUE areas. Imagine that... FOOL.

'Mall brawl' involving hundreds of youths yields 4 arrests: 3 adults and 1 teen, police say

A massive mall brawl in Connecticut on Wednesday -- involving hundreds of people, according to reports -- resulted in the arrests of three adults and one teen, police said.

Police responded to a call around 6 p.m. that a brawl that had broken out at the Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester, Conn., Hartford's FOX 61 reported. There were reportedly several disturbances at once in the mall, totaling as many as 300 people. Police said most of those involved in the fighting were teens.

Three adults, ages 18, 18, and 19, and a juvenile, age 17, were arrested inside the mall and charged with breach of peace, interfering with officers, and inciting a riot. The adults were 19-year-old Dynastee McCoy from Wethersfield, 18-year-old Inaija Williams from Hartford, and 18-year-old Naejza Bares from New Britain, according to police.

d7e87cd0-Capture.jpg

You need to read the article....she was robbed by them, then saw them again......they weren't afraid of her in any way since they approached the victim they had just robbed...they weren't afraid of her calling the police, they were not afraid of going after her again

The two men had approached Elle and her friend as they sat on some steps after leaving Heaven nightclub.

One of the men then stole her phone without her realising, causing her to ‘sprint down the road’ after them and grab it back. ‘We went to McDonalds, sat down and had something to eat and were talking about it and then left,’ she said.

‘Then we saw the same two men again and my friend started shouting for people to be careful and that the thieves were back.

‘One man then came around behind me and shoved me in the back and as I fell forwards I was hit in the face twice by another man. ‘Everything then went quiet and I went to the floor. I realised it was quite bad when I felt blood pouring down my face.

Had she had a gun to defend herself, they would not have approached her again........they had no fear about going back to the very same victim they had just robbed..........they did not fear repurcussions.....

...and had she used her recovered mobile phone to call the police, rather than attracting the theives' attention, they would have been apprehended and charged without any need for guns at all. The other flaw in your theory is that unless she pulled a gun on the fleeing thieves in the first instance, they wouldn't know she was armed and would have attacked her like they actually did, in circumstances where a gun would have been useless. QED

And you need to know a "smidgen" of history before inserting your foot in yours.

The greater picture FOR gun ownership is not self-defense. It is National Defense.
History proves that an armed civilian population is less likely to fall victim to tyrants.

Given your TDS with Trump, it would seem you might understand. Apparently you leftist fakes don't feel much threatened by Trump after all or you'd be defending your rights to bear arms, not begging to give them away.

The alternative is that you folks really are JUST THAT Stupid.

Hi, just an FYI, I'm British posting in the Europe forum about a topic relating to the UK, got that? Oh, regarding "history" here's an interesting article about .38 "special people" and defence against tyranny Why the 'Citizen Militia' Theory Is the Worst Pro-Gun Argument Ever - The Atlantic Now don't forget to take your medication, there's a good boy/girl/basichumanunit.

...and had she used her recovered mobile phone to call the police, rather than attracting the theives' attention, they would have been apprehended and charged without any need for guns at all. The other flaw in your theory is that unless she pulled a gun on the fleeing thieves in the first instance, they wouldn't know she was armed and would have attacked her like they actually did, in circumstances where a gun would have been useless. QED

IF you haven't been reading the post....even after the assault the police closed the case on her....... They took her mobile phone in the first pass at her....then they came back because there was no reason to fear going back and victimizing her again..... she warned people they were theives and dangerous and they still came at her a second time...had she had a gun she could have drawn it, showing them to stay away from her....... And had she had the gun the second time, she already knew they were thieves and criminals she could have warned them off or held them for the police...just like the woman who was attacked by the two men with the bat here in the States....

You really need to look at actual gun self defense...you are making things up without actual information.....

Forum List

Back