Good Op-Ed: GOP helped if Tea Party bolted

The only reason the GOP gained the number of seats they did in 2010 and lost as few as they did in 2012 was because of the backing of conservatives and the tea party types.

Just to give you an idea of how badly the RINOS failed, here's the stats on Rove. And if the Republican Party wants to wander in the wasteland known as minority land, by all means just toss out all those winning conservatives and tea party folks.

I hope they go third party on the freaking RINOS:eusa_angel:

Republican mastermind Karl Rove was responsible for most of the damage. Together, his SuperPAC American Crossroads and 501(c)(4) "dark money" group Crossroads GPS reported spending $175 million (when undisclosed spending is taken into account, the actual total may be as high as $390 million), but accomplished very little of consequence.

A post-election analysis by the Sunlight Foundation found that very few of the candidates supported by Rove's groups emerged victorious on Tuesday. Just 1.29% of the $104 million spent by American Crossroads backed a winning candidate.

Crossroads GPS fared slightly better, achieving a 14.4% return on its $70 million in reported spending.

The "Biggest Loser" of the 2012 Election: Karl Rove | PR Watch

Last edited:
The only reason the GOP gained the number of seats they did in 2010 and lost as few as they did in 2012 was because of the backing of conservatives and the tea party types.

Yet the TP did cost the GOP control of the Senate in 2010 and 2012. As long as they keep doing that, the ACA is safe.

This statement is false. The GOP does as well as they do in the house due to district lines drawn in their favor in key states and also in the 2010 midterm there was a huge drop in democratic voters. From 2008 to 2010 the GOP actually LOST votes (7 million less), but the Democrats just lost "more" (roughly 26 million).

Tea partiers win in districts that are dark ruby red ANYWAY and no democrat on planet earth could ever win (90% of them in the deep south)...so it's like taking all the easy seats and leaving the "moderate" GOP with the difficult ones.

Further tea party candidates do more harm then good when it matters...take the senate races in Missouri and Indiana in 2012, or Harry Reid's re-election in 2010.

I'd appreciate if someone quoted this since Tinydancer puts me on ignore for some bizzare reason.

Last edited:

Yet the TP did cost the GOP control of the Senate in 2010 and 2012. As long as they keep doing that, the ACA is safe.

The ACA is safe as long as your dear leader is in the WH. He will veto, shut the government down or cause a default to save his precious ACA.

...and the fear of losing the gains Progressives have made under Obama is what keep Jake up at night

many Democrats would consider voting for a Moderate Republican.

just look at NYC and New Jersey.

The nation is in the biggest state of flux since the civil war. Clearly republicans that support or will compromise with democrats won't be winning elections any time soon. The RINOS are pretty much old. The democrats are either old or criminals.

Are there more democrat crooks or young republican firebrands? We will really have to wait and see.

Right now, tea party extremism contaminates the whole Republican brand. It's a very interesting question whether a tea party bolt from the GOP might not just liberate the party to slide back to the political center -- and liberate Republicans from identification with the Sarah Palins and the Ted Cruzes who have done so much harm to their hopes over the past three election cycles.

It's worth repeating over and over again. Add Todd Akin in Missouri and Richard Mourdock in Indiana, Sharron Angle in Nevada and Ken Buck in Colorado, Christine O'Donnell in Delaware and Joe Miller in Alaska -- and you have half a dozen Senate races lost to the GOP by extremist nominations.

The TPM has not only done harm to the GOP, but the Nation as a whole with the credit rating downgrade, sequester, government shutdown, and pending default.

good ole Cnn, pumping out the hate, they don't call it the Commie News Network for nothing

I've never seen anything like this of wanting to step on the people in this country and for what? exercising their RIGHTS in our country

I see visions of trains and gas ovens from these people when they write this kind of hate

sickening

but, we can now add this thread to the 1010 others on the hate of the Tea Party, and the people in it since this Obama government shutdown

1011.... CAN'T YOU ALL FEEL THE LOVE AND TOLERANCE from your fellow country men and women?

Last edited:

This statement is false. The GOP does as well as they do in the house due to district lines drawn in their favor in key states and also in the 2010 midterm there was a huge drop in democratic voters. From 2008 to 2010 the GOP actually LOST votes (7 million less), but the Democrats just lost "more" (roughly 26 million).

Tea partiers win in districts that are dark ruby red ANYWAY and no democrat on planet earth could ever win (90% of them in the deep south)...so it's like taking all the easy seats and leaving the "moderate" GOP with the difficult ones.

Further tea party candidates do more harm then good when it matters...take the senate races in Missouri and Indiana in 2012, or Harry Reid's re-election in 2010.

I'd appreciate if someone quoted this since Tinydancer puts me on ignore for some bizzare reason.

You're not on ignore. I've responded to you in the past.

Rove only won 2 Senate seats for the R's in 2012. For millions upon millions being spent.

Conservatives and those associated with the Tea Party come from across America. Oh and btw, Rove and other RINO'S had a diabolical hand in certain races making sure "old friends" were re-elected in the D column.

They preferred a D to win over a tea party candidate.

Here's a list of the states TP's represent. Not bad for upstarts. And not bad for all the hassles they and their donors have endured via RINOS and the IRS.

1 Alabama
2 Arizona
3 California
4 Colorado
5 Florida
6 Georgia
7 Idaho
8 Illinois
9 Indiana
10 Iowa
11 Kansas
12 Kentucky
13 Louisiana
14 Maryland
15 Michigan
16 Minnesota
17 Mississippi
18 Missouri
19 Montana
20 Nebraska
21 New Hampshire
22 New Mexico
23 North Carolina
24 North Dakota
25 Ohio
26 Oklahoma
27 Pennsylvania
28 Rhode Island
29 South Carolina
30 Tennessee
31 Texas
32 Utah
33 Virginia
34 Washington
35 West Virginia
36 Wyoming

List of politicians affiliated with the Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, it was because the dems were being punished by the 18-25 block of voters and all the bullshit gerrymandering the reps did in their states to mythically create majorities where there weren't any.

The dems got more than a million and a half votes than the reps, yet the reps increased seats? There is something wrong with that picture. It makes no sense, unless you look at the shit the reps did in their state districts.

The GOP has done nothing for the country since they were booted out of power in 2006. So why, all of a sudden, would they be getting any increase in votes? They haven't done anything to earn any! Do you think this country can't see that?

If I'm wrong, then say what they've done for the country! Not what they've done to the country.

The "bagger nation" is so fucked and such a cancer to this country, that if I had to choose between them and lying, asshole, SOB republicans (whom I completely detest), I would choose the latter.

The "bagger nation" is so fucked and such a cancer to this country, that if I had to choose between them and lying, asshole, SOB republicans (whom I completely detest), I would choose the latter.

lol, you need to look a mirror..

Last edited:
There is no more GOP.
It's tea party all the way from now on.
No more special interests.
No more big business bribes.
No more corrupt and greedy power crazed politicians.
It ends.
The future is tea.
The people will be free!!!!

many Democrats would consider voting for a Moderate Republican.

just look at NYC and New Jersey.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Bloomberg?
A fascist totalitarian of the worst order, an Obamacult plant!!
He is no more a republican tha Hilary.
He is a far left wing radical. His policies will evidence that.

that is what they think a moderate is...It's because the Democrat party is nothing now but the radical far left...

the civil and more caring for ALL the people Democrats of the old day's are kicked out or dead

Forum List

Back