Good News!!!

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Great News: Israel will consider the modified 2002 Arab Peace Plan. No one is going to get everything they want so compromise is in the air...dual Sovereignty of Jerusalem, land swaps for the nearby settlements!!!!!!!!!!

Netanyahu signals readiness to consider 2002 Arab peace plan

By Jeffrey Heller

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signaled readiness on Wednesday to consider a 2002 Arab peace plan whose terms were recently softened to include possible land swaps between Israel and the Palestinians.

"We are listening to every initiative - the Arab initiative has been mentioned - and we are prepared to discuss initiatives that are proposals and not edicts," he said in a speech in parliament.

Netanyahu spoke during a debate on the plan, proposed at an Arab League summit 11 years ago. Israel had rejected the initiative that offered normalized ties for it with much of the Arab world, citing its call for complete withdrawal from land captured in the 1967 Middle East war as a main stumbling block.

Israel occupied the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip, areas Palestinians seeks for a future state, in that conflict.

Echoing previous Israeli leaders, Netanyahu has ruled out a return to pre-1967 war frontiers, calling them indefensible.

But a month ago, Arab states appeared to soften the 2002 plan when Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-

I for one fully support the Palestinians in their condemnation of Netanyahu as Israel's leader. Peace offerings to Palestinians, a seurity fence & land concessions so Palestinians can remain in Israel. And now he is considering the Arab peace plan. No Arab leader, who know the Palestinians best, ever treated them like Netanyahu does. Like the Palestinians say ---that guy has to go.

If I recall, did Abbas not recently say that any peace deal with Israel must include the release of all Palestinian prisoners?

If I recall, did Abbas not recently say that any peace deal with Israel must include the release of all Palestinian prisoners?
I don't know, but I would think that they would release political prisoners...I think amnesty would make sense.

Israel needs a leader like king Hussein who knew how to establish a lasting peace from Palestinians. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

I do not think Israel is serious about wanting peace.
Do you really think your friends want peace? Their end goal is to take over all of the area including Israel proper because only Muslims in their mind should rule every inch of land in the Middle East.

They only want the area inside their international borders. Nothing unusual about that.

Israel should not do it. Every time they make concessions, the Palestinians see it as weakness and try to take advantage of it. The result would be more terrorism, it always is.

Yes.

Those were the borders of Jordan.

I don't know why I bother arguing with a guy like Tinnie, who makes outrageous statements like "Israel has no land, no borders and no cvilians". When I ask him if he thinks Israel exists, he says "Yes, but inside Palestine"

OH Tinnie lol

Yes.

Those were the borders of Jordan.

I don't know why I bother arguing with a guy like Tinnie, who makes outrageous statements like "Israel has no land, no borders and no cvilians". When I ask him if he thinks Israel exists, he says "Yes, but inside Palestine"

OH Tinnie lol

To him this is an abstract philosophy, but real ppl are getting killed.

No more of Netanyahu's concessions to Palestinian demands. Last time he made that mistake it resulted in rocket missiles into Israel for a thank you.

Forum List

Back