Good news for American truckers thanks to Trump?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Apparently Mexico has agreed to stop their truckers at the border and transfer the goods to AMERICAN owned trucking companies to be delivered throughout the US.

I heard this on ABC news Radio but can not find a link as of yet.

Grampa I done a search at ABC news radio and nothing came up... While I am all for the concept of the OP and hope it is true, nothing seems to be coming up in searches...

I did learn that Mexican Truck Drivers have to take a English Language test... Problem being the test is in Spanish...

What? That is mind boggling to me. The logistics of a truck to truck transfer operation at the border would be overwhelming. I dunno about that one. It would be fantastic for American truckers but this feels like fake news to me.

Many of the "Mexican' logistics companies are already co-owned by American companies already. It's a myth that most of the freight coming over is 'Mexican', produced by Mexican companies, and represents 'trade with Mexico'. It is mostly American companies shipping themselves stuff from their Mexican plants and farms, and they get huge tax breaks and other bennies for it. The border crossings have been nightmares for years, and so have Mexican drivers in the U.S., so yeah, hopefully his administration does something about that, but billionaires don't really have truck drivers' sweatshop working conditions as in their Top 100 Priorities. Maybe the insurance companies are raising a stink now, who knows.

What? That is mind boggling to me. The logistics of a truck to truck transfer operation at the border would be overwhelming. I dunno about that one. It would be fantastic for American truckers but this feels like fake news to me.

It does seem horribly inefficient to transfer everything to a new truck

I heard it somewhere, really I did
I don't lie scumbag. In all my years here I never have.

As to the op if this report is valid not only will it be a boon for American truckers, it will help staunch the flow of narcotics as well as illegals.

If this report is valid?
Early news reports are often wrong or true with inaccuracies. There are reports daily about the Trump transition or other news related to upcoming changes due to the transition of power that turn out to be false or inaccurate.
Quit playing stupid

As to the op if this report is valid not only will it be a boon for American truckers, it will help staunch the flow of narcotics as well as illegals.

If this report is valid?
Early news reports are often wrong or true with inaccuracies. There are reports daily about the Trump transition or other news related to upcoming changes due to the transition of power that turn out to be false or inaccurate.
Quit playing stupid

So if you understand this then why are you floating something you heard but cannot verif if early news reports are innacurate?

And then moving to second base on what a positive move this is before you verify if it's legit?

But I had to Dr Mind bender your stupid ass to make my point for me.

If this report is valid?
Quit playing stupid

So if you understand this then why are you floating something you heard but cannot verif if early news reports are innacurate?

And then moving to second base on what a positive move this is before you verify if it's legit?

You made the point? Really? I stated in the op the facts that it was reported & I was unable to find a link.
The only point you've made thus far is you are apparently giddy with excitement that it might not be an accurate report.

Until Obama raised the restriction on Mexican Trucks outside the 100 mile trade zone last year, it was always done that way.

Not if they use the same trailer, and just hitch/unhitch the tractor at the border.

Until Obama raised the restriction on Mexican Trucks outside the 100 mile trade zone last year, it was always done that way.

It was agreed to by Bush though. But you are correct prior to 2011? Or 2001? All goods were transfered.

It's just a rumor at this point, but we truck drivers get a front row view of how stupid our trade deals are. Mexican drivers just drive right into our country. We have to leave our loads at a transfer location in a border city. I've taken plenty of these loads to Laredo, TX and dropped it so a beaner could come up and take it into Mexico.

It's better that nobody gets to drive in another's country. I certainly don't want to drive in Mexico, and though I have a gun with me everywhere in the U.S. it can't leave the country to go to a place where I need it most.

It should be noted, Mexico didn't waste a hillbilly heartbeat slapping tariffs on our goods to get what they wanted.

Federal regulators will meet with a trucking industry advisory committee Oct. 28 in Alexandria, Virginia, to discuss the results of the pilot project, which began in 2011 and ended Oct. 10. The pilot replaced an earlier Bush-era test program shut down in 2009 and led to the lifting of more than $2.4 billion in punitive tariffs Mexico imposed on U.S. goods.

DOT faces cross-border trucking decision as US-Mexico trade grows

If this report is valid?
Quit playing stupid

You made the point? Really? I stated in the op the facts that it was reported & I was unable to find a link.
The only point you've made thus far is you are apparently giddy with excitement that it might not be an accurate report.

And you stated that most of the time first reports are innacurate. So you made my point for me.

#DrMindBender

If this report is valid?
Quit playing stupid

You're always like this. Have you ever considerered fiber therapy? I've never met anyone who's ALWAYS surly and I have to believe it's something that has a remedy.

Forum List

Back