Good guys with guns, stop bad guy with a gun.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Armed person at Texas summer camp killed by police, officials say
olice fatally shot an armed person at a summer sports camp just outside of Dallas on Monday, authorities said. No children were harmed during the incident.
Dispatchers began receiving 911 calls at 8:43 a.m. CDT that a person with a gun was inside the Duncanville Fieldhouse, where more than 150 children were attending camp, Duncanville police representative Michelle Arias told reporters.
We keep seeing these episodes of progressives who want to murder young children for their 5 minutes of fame, but once in a while, the police actually do their jobs. I think the failure of the Texas school shooting is what decided their quick and decisive measures for future events.

The only good criminal is the dead criminal.
1655144308052.png

By all reports, it sounds very efficient. I wonder who the nut ball was, and what was his story that brought him there?

What.....do you have a thing for child killers?
There was no report, the potential child killer, killed any. He was dispatched efficiently, possibly preventing, though I just walk in and haven't looked.

What.....do you have a thing for child killers?
There was no report, the potential child killer, killed any. He was dispatched efficiently, possibly preventing, though I just walk in and haven't looked.

My mistake......So you have a thing for wannabe child killers?

My mistake......So you have a thing for wannabe child killers?
You mean like a suffer not a witch unto live kind of thing? Nah, but certainly does not bother me if the cops handle one efficiently in a school or day camp, prevent bloodshed of any kids. Why do you ask? Did it bother you he was shot by the police?

You mean like a suffer not a witch unto live kind of thing? Nah, but certainly does not bother me if the cops handle one efficiently in a school or day camp, prevent bloodshed of any kids. Why do you ask? Did it bother you he was shot by the police?
It sounded as though you might be sympathetic towards the guy.

I don't wonder how a cockroach became a cockroach. I just kill it.

It sounded as though you might be sympathetic towards the guy.

I don't wonder how a cockroach became a cockroach. I just kill it.
Don't know how you got that impression. My first comment was that it was very efficient, speaking of the action of the police. Where did you misread something?

Don't know how you got that impression. My first comment was that it was very efficient, speaking of the action of the police. Where did you misread something?
"I wonder who the nut ball was, and what was his story that brought him there?"

The cockroach does not have a story. It's a filthy disease spreader and needs killing.

"I wonder who the nut ball was, and what was his story that brought him there?"

The cockroach does not have a story. It's a filthy disease spreader and needs killing.
Sure he does or at least did. Personally, I find the path that takes these nut balls to their deed or possible attempt is often pretty interestung and gives clues to what people might be on the lookout for in others, that might travel similar personal arcs That is why the stuff always get published, as inquiring minds want to know. Often it is the police that investigate, as there is always an officer involve shoot investigation automatically carried out.

Update, from around 11 pm tonight (Sunday), from local news.

It sounds like the guy went in the front doors, had an argument with someone at the desk, drew and fired one shot, but missed. The counselors did everything right; getting any kids out and locking down the rest, calling 911, and getting the hell out of the way. The gunman went to one classroom but the door was locked; he fired a second shot at the door. Meanwhile, the police were there within two (!) minutes, and went in. The gunman went to the gym, but the kids that were there had just been hustled out. The police engaged him there, and that was the end of the gunman.

I say well done to the counselors and staff, and to the police. They all did everything right. They said they had not encountered him before, so who knows what yet was his motivation; he might have lost his temper, or he might have been in the grips of a powerful mental health collapse. I imagine that the person he had words with will be able to clear that up pretty well, plus there was surveillance, so this mystery won't elude us for long.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this has very little gun control implications. The protection half of the equation worked, and very few rational people are calling for the police to be disarmed; the debate is about what to allow to teachers and civilians.

Good for the cops, though. Got the job done.

Update, from around 11 pm tonight (Sunday), from local news.

It sounds like the guy went in the front doors, had an argument with someone at the desk, drew and fired one shot, but missed. The counselors did everything right; getting any kids out and locking down the rest, calling 911, and getting the hell out of the way. The gunman went to one classroom but the door was locked; he fired a second shot at the door. Meanwhile, the police were there within two (!) minutes, and went in. The gunman went to the gym, but the kids that were there had just been hustled out. The police engaged him there, and that was the end of the gunman.

I say well done to the counselors and staff, and to the police. They all did everything right. They said they had not encountered him before, so who knows what yet was his motivation; he might have lost his temper, or he might have been in the grips of a powerful mental health collapse. I imagine that the person he had words with will be able to clear that up pretty well, plus there was surveillance, so this mystery won't elude us for long.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this has very little gun control implications. The protection half of the equation worked, and very few rational people are calling for the police to be disarmed; the debate is about what to allow to teachers and civilians.

Good for the cops, though. Got the job done.

Thanks for that update, as that much detail was not available when I was reading of it. I agree with you, well done, procedure followed effectively, and police did a effective efficient handling of the event, to a positive conclusion for that community.:clap:

Forum List

Back