Golf great John Daly diagnosed with bladder cancer.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It doesn't sound good. 85% chance of recurrence on bladder cancer. I've always been a fan of John Daly. He literally came out of nowhere to win the PGA back in '91. That was a fairy tale win if there ever was one. What made him unique was not just his ridiculous length but how he lived his life. He was a throwback, a hard drinker, smoker, womanizer and gambler. It looks like that may be catching up to him now. I hope he can hang around long enough to see his son Little John become a PGA pro. His kid is really good.

It doesn't sound good. 85% chance of recurrence on bladder cancer. I've always been a fan of John Daly. He literally came out of nowhere to win the PGA back in '91. That was a fairy tale win if there ever was one. What made him unique was not just his ridiculous length but how he lived his life. He was a throwback, a hard drinker, smoker, womanizer and gambler. It looks like that may be catching up to him now. I hope he can hang around long enough to see his son Little John become a PGA pro. His kid is really good.
I was going to say, he was the "Mad Men" of golf. But other than hitting the ball a ton, I didn't think he was really all that good. A colorful character, to be sure.

I was going to say, he was the "Mad Men" of golf. But other than hitting the ball a ton, I didn't think he was really all that good. A colorful character, to be sure.
He was under-rated as a wedge player and putter. He really wasn't just a bomber, you don't win the PGA and especially the British Open without being a great player. If he had the discipline of a typical tour golfer he probably would have won 5 or 6 majors and 20 tournaments.

He was under-rated as a wedge player and putter. He really wasn't just a bomber, you don't win the PGA and especially the British Open without being a great player. If he had the discipline of a typical tour golfer he probably would have won 5 or 6 majors and 20 tournaments.
if he had discipline he probably wouldn't have had a life style that contributed to his cancer.
Much like Rush Limbaugh

if he had discipline he probably wouldn't have had a life style that contributed to his cancer.
Much like Rush Limbaugh
Smoking, drinking Jack Daniels and diet Cokes every day, not good.

Forum List

Back