God’s law supersedes man’s law.

Hugo Chavez is finding that out right now. Oblameris being made out to be a 'God' by the Marxist Left. He too will soon find out the wrath of the true 'God Almighty'

Someone once said that once the name of Hitler is invoked in a message board discussion, the thread is dead. No one is a bad as Hilter and you prove your ignorance by suggesting it.

Many people are/were as bad as (or worse than) Hitler. I can give you half a dozen off the top of my head.

And what do you mean by "impose?" You mean speaking publicly about our faith is imposing? Or do you mean voting in a free society for the laws we choose is imposing? I'm often amused (if not annoyed) by opponents of Christianity and all their accuastions.

Publically speaking about your faith depends on the context. If you stand up and speak about your faith as "This is what I believe and how I base decisions in my life" that's not imposing your beliefs, but if you say ONLY my faith is the one true religion, and all laws must be written in accordance with MY church's beliefs, then yes, you are imposing your religion on the rest of us.

If you say a practice, like abortion or circumcision must be banned because your Church says it's wrong, then you are imposing your beliefs on others. Rather, by leaving both as a matter of choice, you are allowing others to make their own choices based on their own beliefs and not imposing your religion on the rest of the population.

No one forces you to do anything that violates your beliefs, so you are not having others impose their religion on you either. Everybody wins. It's when conservatives campaign against gay marriage, abortion, or other prohibitions based on their religion that both religious and non-religious liberals have a HUGE problem with.

Okay, I have a problem with your way of thinking here, how saying that others should believe A is imposing your religion on others. That sort of thinking seems to me to be a knee jerk reaction to stuff you don't want to hear. I don't see it that way, as I see it as when laws are actually passed. Do I have a problem with the way the conservative party campaigns? Yes, on a personal level, I do. At the same time, I could care less for what they say anyway.

Most..like you are judgemental pricks.

But then so are many believers.

I know a few proud atheist, and they think they are the smartest person in the room, but after talking with them for a while you find out that's not the truth. They think they have all the anwers to everything. I tend to look to the bible for answers to my questions and in the end my answers are more logical.

You clearly know nothing about those of us free from faith.

The Ten Commandments exist. You cannot deny them. You may not find them credible evidence of something written by God, but it doesn't change the fact that it's evidence.

evidence someone wrote something on a stone while alone.keep grasping

Dont need to grasp. I just dont need to be in denial either.

uh huh...You have nothing AV, and let me put it this way for you so you understand.

Have all the faith and belief you want. You want to think god is a he and rules over you? Go for it, knock yourself out ( literally wouldnt be bad either)
I will never put you down for your faith or belief. I will put you in your place when you start preaching how morally superior your way is, and how you need to convert people to your style of thinking.

And thus like i tell everyone. Keep your religion in your pants.

I'm sorry but the 10 Commandments do not exist. There is a story in the Bible that Moses brought the stone tablets down from the mountain after the Burning Bush wrote them, but there are no stone tablets. They were lost in 556 BC when the Babylonians destroyed the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem.

There have been many people who claim to have found the Ark of the Covenant since it disappeared in 556 BC, but none has substantiated, documented or proven so no, the 10 Commandments cannot be produced and the only accounts of their ever having existed are contained in the Bible. The words survive the tablets do not.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." But that's why we call it "faith".

I know you are the Grinch at Christmas, Avatar, but the time will come when your heart will grow. :lol:

The mystery of the Poor is this: they are Jesus.

What you do for them, you do for Jesus.

I don't remember any mystery of the Poor being mentioned. But you want to know a secret? The Rich are Jesus too. Because when you are in the service of your fellow beings, regardless of how much wealth they produce, you are in the service of your God.

Because when you are in the service of your fellow beings, regardless of how much wealth they produce, you are in the service of your God.

This may be the funniest line ever offered on USMB.

Ya Jeebuz was all about serving the rich.. WOW!

Some of you christians are so full of shit. Seriously!

I'm sorry but the 10 Commandments do not exist. There is a story in the Bible that Moses brought the stone tablets down from the mountain after the Burning Bush wrote them, but there are no stone tablets. They were lost in 556 BC when the Babylonians destroyed the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem.

There have been many people who claim to have found the Ark of the Covenant since it disappeared in 556 BC, but none has substantiated, documented or proven so no, the 10 Commandments cannot be produced and the only accounts of their ever having existed are contained in the Bible. The words survive the tablets do not.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." But that's why we call it "faith".

What is hard to believe about the Ark of the Covenant existing at one point in time? Not the whole created by god and yaddayaddayadda, but an actual Ark of the Covenant that was made by man, attributed to the divine, and destroyed by man? People have made weirder shit then that.

What is hard to believe about the Ark of the Covenant existing at one point in time? Not the whole created by god and yaddayaddayadda, but an actual Ark of the Covenant that was made by man, attributed to the divine, and destroyed by man? People have made weirder shit then that.

I have no difficulty believing that the Tablets and the Ark once existed. But someone said that the Ark and the Tablets were proof that God existed, and technically, they're not because they don't currently exist, there is no record of their existence since a cataclymsmic event in 556 and no hard evidence either the Ark or the Tablets ever existed, other than in stories in various books of the Bible, up until the time that Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians which we know historically, occurred in 556 BC.

If the Ark and the Tablets don't exist, and we have no evidence, other than faith, that they ever existed, how can they be proof that God exists?

Last edited:

I have no difficulty believing that the Tablets and the Ark once existed. But someone said that the Ark and the Tablets were proof that God existed, and technically, they're not because they don't currently exist, there is no record of their existence since a cataclymsmic event in 556 and no hard evidence either the Ark or the Tablets ever existed, other than in stories in various books of the Bible, up until the time that Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians which we know historically, occurred in 556 BC.

If the Ark and the Tablets don't exist, and we have no evidence, other than faith, that they ever existed, how can they be proof that God exists?

A reasoned and reasonable position, if it weren't such an obvious strawman. I believe the statement was "The 10 Commandments prove the existence of God." We know the Commandments exist, even though their original means of communication (tablets)and transport (ark) have been lost for over 25 centuries.

With that said, I don't think the Commandments themselves 'prove' God's existence, but I do believe the transformational power of them, witnessed in man, does.

It's a shame those 'transformations' don't happen on a more frequent basis...

Okay. I jumped a couple of pages, because people were being assclowns.
If something doesn't exist currently, then it must have never existed. Okay, I can see that, but I tend to take the opposite view with history. Not all the time, but most of the time.
I tend see the Bible itself holding actual historical mysteries, we just have to figure out the details and get through the mumbo jumbo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m83JcNoNQ-4]Raiders of the Lost Ark - Opening of the Ark Ceremony - YouTube[/ame]

A reasoned and reasonable position, if it weren't such an obvious strawman. I believe the statement was "The 10 Commandments prove the existence of God." We know the Commandments exist, even though their original means of communication (tablets)and transport (ark) have been lost for over 25 centuries.

With that said, I don't think the Commandments themselves 'prove' God's existence, but I do believe the transformational power of them, witnessed in man, does.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m83JcNoNQ-4]Raiders of the Lost Ark - Opening of the Ark Ceremony - YouTube[/ame]

Its no accident that marijuana and gay marriage were both made legal in some places at the same time. It says so, right in the bible ...

Leviticus 20:13 says that if a man lays with a man he should be stoned.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There is a reason why we cannot and will not find them.

DragonLady already posted the passage that describes what faith is.

Scripture further states that it's impossible to please God without faith.

If you have something, some document or some other thing that absolutely PROVES to you, beyond the shadow of a doubt that God exists then that would not be faith...now would it?

Okay. I jumped a couple of pages, because people were being assclowns.
If something doesn't exist currently, then it must have never existed. Okay, I can see that, but I tend to take the opposite view with history. Not all the time, but most of the time.
I tend see the Bible itself holding actual historical mysteries, we just have to figure out the details and get through the mumbo jumbo.

No, lots of the stuff that has come down to us in legend has a legitimate basis in history but there is no physical evidence of it today. Rust, erosion, decay, and thousands of years destroy all but the most hardy artifacts, and the ones which have survived, have generally done so by virtue of having been buried for most of the time between then and now.

Jerusalem sits at the centre of three of the world's great religions. All consider it their holiest of cities. Muslims, Jews and Christians have been fighting over and destroying Jerusalem since the Fall of the Roman Empire. Nothing from the ancient Jewish temples has survived to today. What wasn't destroyed during the battles, was carried off by the various conquerors of Jerusalem going back to prior to the birth of Christ.

Jesus is a historical person and his crucifixation is recorded in ancient Roman records for the region. The Romans were notoriously good record keepers. Roman troops were garrisoned in conquered territories with local puppet monarchs who had pledged their allegiance to Rome in return for which, Rome kept their enemies at Bay. In fact, the law in the conquered territories was Roman law, which is why the Romans carried out the crucifixtion of Christ at Herrod's bequest.

The priests wanted Jesus gone because of talk he was the Messiah, Herrod wanted him gone because people were calling him "King of the Jews" and well, Herrod didn't want the competition and Jesus made the Roman's nervous. What if the Roman's decided that Jesus would make a better puppet king than he did?

If the trial and crucifixtion of Jesus did not make sense from a historical perspective, it could not have happened and then we wouldn't have the event that separates the Christianity from all of the other religions, the Resurrection. Historically, we know that He lived, pissed off the established leaders of both the church and the state sufficiently that everybody wanted Him dead, and they crucified Him. It's believe in his divinity, and Resurrection which is the crux of the Christian faith. Jews say he is a prophet, the Muslims call him a great teacher, only Christians call him the Messiah.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back