God’s law supersedes man’s law.

Okay. I jumped a couple of pages, because people were being assclowns.
If something doesn't exist currently, then it must have never existed. Okay, I can see that, but I tend to take the opposite view with history. Not all the time, but most of the time.
I tend see the Bible itself holding actual historical mysteries, we just have to figure out the details and get through the mumbo jumbo.

No, lots of the stuff that has come down to us in legend has a legitimate basis in history but there is no physical evidence of it today. Rust, erosion, decay, and thousands of years destroy all but the most hardy artifacts, and the ones which have survived, have generally done so by virtue of having been buried for most of the time between then and now.

Jerusalem sits at the centre of three of the world's great religions. All consider it their holiest of cities. Muslims, Jews and Christians have been fighting over and destroying Jerusalem since the Fall of the Roman Empire. Nothing from the ancient Jewish temples has survived to today. What wasn't destroyed during the battles, was carried off by the various conquerors of Jerusalem going back to prior to the birth of Christ.

Jesus is a historical person and his crucifixation is recorded in ancient Roman records for the region. The Romans were notoriously good record keepers. Roman troops were garrisoned in conquered territories with local puppet monarchs who had pledged their allegiance to Rome in return for which, Rome kept their enemies at Bay. In fact, the law in the conquered territories was Roman law, which is why the Romans carried out the crucifixtion of Christ at Herrod's bequest.

The priests wanted Jesus gone because of talk he was the Messiah, Herrod wanted him gone because people were calling him "King of the Jews" and well, Herrod didn't want the competition and Jesus made the Roman's nervous. What if the Roman's decided that Jesus would make a better puppet king than he did?

If the trial and crucifixtion of Jesus did not make sense from a historical perspective, it could not have happened and then we wouldn't have the event that separates the Christianity from all of the other religions, the Resurrection. Historically, we know that He lived, pissed off the established leaders of both the church and the state sufficiently that everybody wanted Him dead, and they crucified Him. It's believe in his divinity, and Resurrection which is the crux of the Christian faith. Jews say he is a prophet, the Muslims call him a great teacher, only Christians call him the Messiah.

Not that bible, the other one.

GOD’S LAW SUPERSEDES MAN’S LAW.

Man can pass laws concerning abortions and marriage but God’s laws concerning abortions and marriage supersedes man’s laws. The popular thing to do is not always the right thing to do. In no certain language God detail that marriage is between a man and a women, male and female and they become husband and wife. Adam and Eve were created and produced children as an example of a family. Gay marriage is sanctioned no where in God’s plan for marriage and a family. Sex is defined as between a man and a woman and to do other wise is against the law of nature and those doing so will suffer the consequences. Sexual immorality was one of the reason for the flood in Noah’s days. The Jews disobeyed God over and over and he punished them. It promised to punish sinful people again just as he did in the flood. Romans 13;1-7 makes it clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. Therefore illegal immigration is a sin. God does not give anyone permission to violate a law just because it is unjust as many claim our illegal immigration is. Roman 13;1-7 also gives the government the authority to punish lawbreakers. Illegal Aliens violate that nation’s laws as well as the laws of God. If the Government changes immigration laws we have the obligation to accept those laws.
"Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2;13-16
We will have to be held accountable when we come face to face with God on judgment day. Gay may think they have won the battle but they have not won the war.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acts 23;5... “you must not speak injuriously of a ruler of your people”

What are you complaining about you voted for Barack Obama who endorsed gay marriage. Now all of a sudden you're a "godly" lil ol lady---:eusa_boohoo:

Pick a lane and stay in it--would ya?---:lol:

Color-Obama-gay-marriage.jpg

Oreo is now a judge of who is Christian.

What are you complaining about you voted for Barack Obama who endorsed gay marriage. Now all of a sudden you're a "godly" lil ol lady---:eusa_boohoo: Pick a lane and stay in it--would ya?---:lol:

Color-Obama-gay-marriage.jpg

God’s law supersedes man’s law.
LOL!!!!!!!!

Try using that defense in-front-of one o' "mans"' Judges!

"When my son was around 3 years old, he used to ask me a lot of questions about heaven. Where is it? How do people walk without a body? How will I find you? You know the questions that kids ask.

For over a year, I lied to him and made up stories that I didn’t believe about heaven. Like most parents, I love my child so much that I didn’t want him to be scared. I wanted him to feel safe and loved and full of hope. But the trade-off was that I would have to make stuff up, and I would have to brainwash him into believing stories that didn’t make sense, stories that I didn’t believe either.

One day he would know this, and he would not trust my judgment.
He would know that I built an elaborate tale—not unlike the one we tell children about Santa—to explain the inconsistent and illogical legend of God."

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey don't want dat gay agenda corruptin' dey's young'uns...
:clap2:
Russian Gov’t and Orthodox Church Push Anti-Sodomy Propaganda Law to Protect Youth
January 28, 2013 — Kissing his boyfriend during a protest in front of Russia's parliament earned Pavel Samburov 30 hours of detention and the equivalent of a $16 fine on a charge of "hooliganism." But if a bill that comes up for a first vote later this month becomes law, such a public kiss could be defined as illegal "homosexual propaganda" and bring a fine of up to $16,000.
The legislation being pushed by the Kremlin and the Russian Orthodox Church would make it illegal nationwide to provide minors with information that is defined as "propaganda of sodomy, lesbianism, bisexuality and transgenderism." It includes a ban on holding public events that promote gay rights. St. Petersburg and a number of other Russian cities already have similar laws on their books. The bill is part of an effort to promote traditional Russian values as opposed to Western liberalism, which the Kremlin and church see as corrupting Russian youth and by extension contributing to a wave of protest against President Vladimir Putin's rule.

Samburov describes the anti-gay bill as part of a Kremlin crackdown on minorities of any kind — political and religious as well as sexual — designed to divert public attention from growing discontent with Putin's rule. The lanky and longhaired Samburov is the founder of the Rainbow Association, which unites gay activists throughout Russia. The gay rights group has joined anti-Putin marches in Moscow over the past year, its rainbow flag waving along with those of other opposition groups.

Other laws that the Kremlin says are intended to protect young Russians have been hastily adopted in recent months, including some that allow banning and blocking web content and print publications that are deemed "extremist" or unfit for young audiences. Denis Volkov, a sociologist with the Levada Center, an independent pollster, says the anti-gay bill fits the "general logic" of a government intent on limiting various rights.

But in this case, the move has been met mostly with either indifference or open enthusiasm by average Russians. Levada polls conducted last year show that almost two thirds of Russians find homosexuality "morally unacceptable and worth condemning." About half are against gay rallies and same-sex marriage; almost a third think homosexuality is the result of "a sickness or a psychological trauma," the Levada surveys show. Russia's widespread hostility to homosexuality is shared by the political and religious elite.

MORE

All laws claimed to God's laws are laws made by men.

Men wrote the Bible. Men decided what would be or not be in the Bible. Laws conceived by Men were put in the Bible and descrrbed as God's laws,

without any provision for evidence that they were in fact God's laws.

I am not going to let any mortal man or mortal woman tell me what is in God's mind, particularly with a non-objective opinion of a reading of the their holy scripture edited and or translated and or made up by their own people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back