God rewards Texas with a World Series win

OMG. Didn't Trump negotiate the withdraw from Afghanistan? Do you think he was going to leave and the government that he left the place to was going to be different than the one in charge now? WRONG.

There's also this

Biden reversed so many of the Trump policies, but apparently you believe he was helpless to reverse the Afghanistan policy that when he failed, cost lives in Afghanistan still happening.

I have hit both presidents with critique that they would not make decent Generals.

Fortunately I know not one person that Covid 19 killed. I also do not know a person who died due to the Flu. But the Flu is also known as a killer.
Well, my former occupations for many years was as a Real Estate Broker in California. And I owned two Real Estate companies. I also owned an Appraisal company where we appraised property for sale and also for loan purposes. I also owned a mortgage firm. I did spend 2 years in the Army as a young guy. I have studied politics for decades. In fact it was this study that persuaded me to remove myself from the Democratic party and move to the Republicans. It included history of America from the founding Government to the present system that to be honest, is way more corrupt than when Washington was President.

Democrats have far too much devotion to party and not to country.
I believe it was your time as a business owner that made you a Republican.

And it sounds like you were successful. I always give "successful" people a pass on voting GOP. Or small business owners. Who am I to tell a small business owner Democrats are better for them than Republicans. I can tell you a lot of my business owners friends don't vote GOP because if only rich people have money, their business' don't do well. No one comes in to send packages. No one takes their pants to the dry cleaner if we all work from home.

That's funny because I too have studied politics for 43 years and that education made me a Democrat. Interesting. But I'm a worker. You're a business owner.

Biden reversed so many of the Trump policies, but apparently you believe he was helpless to reverse the Afghanistan policy that when he failed, cost lives in Afghanistan still happening.

I have hit both presidents with critique that they would not make decent Generals.
The Afghans were going to be shooting at us as we left Afghanistan regardless of who was president at the time. They wanted the photo op of them chasing us out.

Bob Woodward didn't lie in his book. I'm sorry if Bob Woodward and I believe Trump is a threat to our country and I'm shocked you don't. After 7 years of Trump and you like him? That's weird.

I would need to know more about you to understand why. Usually you're rich, have always been a Republican or Trump duped you after 8 years of Obama.
I own the Woodward book where he hammered republican GW Bush so I am familiar with how he attacks republicans. Personally and this is honest, I prefer that Ron DeSantis be the next president. Biden sucks in ways that even you see Trump also sucks. Trump went at Afghanistan the wrong way as did Obama. Biden turned things to a catastrophe so he carries that burden. DeSantis at least does have military training and experience. We should select from those who really understand the military given the problems globally.

I own the Woodward book where he hammered republican GW Bush so I am familiar with how he attacks republicans. Personally and this is honest, I prefer that Ron DeSantis be the next president. Biden sucks in ways that even you see Trump also sucks. Trump went at Afghanistan the wrong way as did Obama. Biden turned things to a catastrophe so he carries that burden. DeSantis at least does have military training and experience. We should select from those who really understand the military given the problems globally.
Ron D is not a good alternative. Makes me think your judgement is bad.

And it sounds like you were successful. I always give "successful" people a pass on voting GOP. Or small business owners. Who am I to tell a small business owner Democrats are better for them than Republicans. I can tell you a lot of my business owners friends don't vote GOP because if only rich people have money, their business' don't do well. No one comes in to send packages. No one takes their pants to the dry cleaner if we all work from home.

That's funny because I too have studied politics for 43 years and that education made me a Democrat. Interesting. But I'm a worker. You're a business owner.
Partly you are correct. At the time of my switch, I was not then a business owner. As a Democrat, I started owning a small auto race shop, got out of the Army and next owned a machine shop making a wide variety of parts for machines designed by my customers, and also designed several machines that I sold myself. Carter who I did vote for was the catalyst for my leaving the democrats. I felt he sold America out and somebody had to be a good president. And Reagan sure was that president.

I am stocked with books that discuss politics through the dawn of man to today. Thomas Paine kind of started me away from the Democrats. I deep dived into the Civil War and became ashamed of Democrats. Hell I can talk about this for the rest of the day. Frankly we probably could have a beer or drink and enjoy talking to each other.

I started deep diving in politics around the time of Carter's presidency. Prior to that, my focus was at work, in construction spaced with jobs to stay alive. I was always not willing to stay unemployed. My first venture into design was with autos. I then designed and built a nailing machine for hardwood floors. I designed for a customer of my machine shop a special sanding machine for water skies to remove the human element of sanding them. I also designed for a customer a special extension to their punch machine that punched holes in metals but had a too small table to handle the metals. It had to be constructed to match the basic punch press as it moved up or down and handle long metal pieces.

Ron D is not a good alternative. Makes me think your judgement is bad.
See, you only tolerate those who are not adequate at all. Ron at least has a track record in Government. And he has performed very well.

Biden was a VP but frankly they do not do a hell of a lot. Senators really know legislation and can operate functionally on committees. I also spent years working on committees and managed for many years.

The Afghans were going to be shooting at us as we left Afghanistan regardless of who was president at the time. They wanted the photo op of them chasing us out.
I judge things like that from a common sense basis and goal setting and implementation of goals. We never would have completely rid Afghanistan of Muslims who do not mind killing even other muslims. But we do have experts who know how to establish decent legal systems. Afghanistan is still run like it is ancient. And we are still learning how to handle that. But it may have been best for us and for Afghanistan had we run the country our way for maybe 5 years. This could establish for Afghanistan a new system that they could get used to and accept it as a proven good. But we kept acting as if the Afghanis understood what we do and they definitely did not get it at all. They kind of backslid into the crap they now have.

To show you examples, we had a steady hand in Japan and Germany for more than 10 years. And look at how well both those countries have done.

I know a lot of people who died of covid before the vaccine. I don't know anyone who has ever died of the flu.

What do you do for a living? Are you educated?
The flu is the biggest killer of the same demographics that died of Covid. A good percentage of the Covid deaths were caused by piss poor government management of the elderly. Just look at the disaster in New York caused by that imbecile Democrat Governor.

I retired around 4 years ago.

PHOENIX, AZ — The Lord has granted a World Series championship to the Texas Rangers, the one and only Major League Baseball team to not host a Pride Night.

"We're so grateful to be champions, and also to not have to be involved in all that weird gay stuff," said manager Bruce Bochy. "Pride Night cometh before the fall, as they say."

After over fifty years of championship futility, the Texas Rangers finally captured the World Series title in the same year the team became the final Major League holdout on hosting Pride Night. Despite mounting pressure as the remaining 29 MLB teams honored satanic drag queens, the Texas Rangers held firm. Now, after being counted out as a playoff afterthought, the Rangers are hoisting the championship trophy.

"Sure, there's lots of pressure to be gay -- but this is Texas," said star right fielder Adolis Garcia. "There's still room there for people who just want to play baseball. Now, let's get this trophy back to the Lone Star state where it belongs."

This is what happens when people pretend to speak for God.

My guess (my guess.....my guess) is that he's more frustrated with this than with the gay pride parades themselves.

Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor...." ?

Partly you are correct. At the time of my switch, I was not then a business owner. As a Democrat, I started owning a small auto race shop, got out of the Army and next owned a machine shop making a wide variety of parts for machines designed by my customers, and also designed several machines that I sold myself. Carter who I did vote for was the catalyst for my leaving the democrats. I felt he sold America out and somebody had to be a good president. And Reagan sure was that president.

I am stocked with books that discuss politics through the dawn of man to today. Thomas Paine kind of started me away from the Democrats. I deep dived into the Civil War and became ashamed of Democrats. Hell I can talk about this for the rest of the day. Frankly we probably could have a beer or drink and enjoy talking to each other.

I started deep diving in politics around the time of Carter's presidency. Prior to that, my focus was at work, in construction spaced with jobs to stay alive. I was always not willing to stay unemployed. My first venture into design was with autos. I then designed and built a nailing machine for hardwood floors. I designed for a customer of my machine shop a special sanding machine for water skies to remove the human element of sanding them. I also designed for a customer a special extension to their punch machine that punched holes in metals but had a too small table to handle the metals. It had to be constructed to match the basic punch press as it moved up or down and handle long metal pieces.
Reagan conned you too. He was the start of turning a blind eye to illegal employers. He was the start of breaking unions.

America was great when Reagan was president. But America is less great today because of his presidency. And boy did you buy it.

What's with you and actors/tv celebs being president?

I judge things like that from a common sense basis and goal setting and implementation of goals. We never would have completely rid Afghanistan of Muslims who do not mind killing even other muslims. But we do have experts who know how to establish decent legal systems. Afghanistan is still run like it is ancient. And we are still learning how to handle that. But it may have been best for us and for Afghanistan had we run the country our way for maybe 5 years. This could establish for Afghanistan a new system that they could get used to and accept it as a proven good. But we kept acting as if the Afghanis understood what we do and they definitely did not get it at all. They kind of backslid into the crap they now have.

To show you examples, we had a steady hand in Japan and Germany for more than 10 years. And look at how well both those countries have done.
Sorry but Afghanistan was hopeless. We tried. So many of our "allies" weren't really our allies. Can't keep throwing good money after bad. Is that the saying?

Sorry but Afghanistan was hopeless. We tried. So many of our "allies" weren't really our allies. Can't keep throwing good money after bad. Is that the saying?
To be purely honest here, it is that kind of excuse that caused the problem to linger.

Reagan conned you too. He was the start of turning a blind eye to illegal employers. He was the start of breaking unions.

America was great when Reagan was president. But America is less great today because of his presidency. And boy did you buy it.

As a Pilot at the time, and still am, I am very sensitive to your claims Reagan was a union buster. The fact is different since some of the Air Traffic controllers were also my clients reference real estate. All the union called PATCO was willing to do is strike. I was then and now sensitive to the problems at PATCO. Management of the ATC places of employment set up terrible schedules for work. It was very very poor management. But PATCO was a major player in safety. As you do not see doctors go on strike nor should you see fire departments on strike, they should have provided safety and sought a solution using other means. Such as suing the ATC. At least the workers would still provide public safety.

We saw Air force controllers leave the Air force to pick up the slack by the strikers. A good client of mine, a man named Jim was at the ATC center in Fremont Ca and he got his job as a former air force controller. And Jim told me why he refused to strike and stayed on the job and was not fired by Reagan. Many ATC people simply refused to go on strike even as union members. They were willing and able to try to preserve public safety for the flying public. Thank god so many of them kept on working and refused to obey the union.

Reagan could not nor should never allow the safety of the public to go on strike.

Reagan was not perfect. Name a perfect president. Reagan had managment experience as a union head. He of all men knew the in and outs of unions. And he was a 8 year long effective manager of state government. What makes me hurt is how you simply attack all republicans as if none of them had our best interest in mind and in governing. Sad to read that is how you swing.

As a Pilot at the time, and still am, I am very sensitive to your claims Reagan was a union buster. The fact is different since some of the Air Traffic controllers were also my clients reference real estate. All the union called PATCO was willing to do is strike. I was then and now sensitive to the problems at PATCO. Management of the ATC places of employment set up terrible schedules for work. It was very very poor management. But PATCO was a major player in safety. As you do not see doctors go on strike nor should you see fire departments on strike, they should have provided safety and sought a solution using other means. Such as suing the ATC. At least the workers would still provide public safety.

We saw Air force controllers leave the Air force to pick up the slack by the strikers. A good client of mine, a man named Jim was at the ATC center in Fremont Ca and he got his job as a former air force controller. And Jim told me why he refused to strike and stayed on the job and was not fired by Reagan. Many ATC people simply refused to go on strike even as union members. They were willing and able to try to preserve public safety for the flying public. Thank god so many of them kept on working and refused to obey the union.

Reagan could not nor should never allow the safety of the public to go on strike.

Reagan was not perfect. Name a perfect president. Reagan had managment experience as a union head. He of all men knew the in and outs of unions. And he was a 8 year long effective manager of state government. What makes me hurt is how you simply attack all republicans as if none of them had our best interest in mind and in governing. Sad to read that is how you swing.
Yea I don't like Republicans. I sort of liked Reagan but as I got older and more educated I realized he was a globalist deep state rino who went along with inventing nafta and breaking unions. Turning a blind eye to illegal employers. Etc.

BUT, I will say this. I believe our country is great because of the Yin and Yang of Republicans and Democrats. The truth is never fully on one side. It lies somewhere in the middle.

Trump was divisive. Ron is just as bad. Can't believe you like those guys. Come on man! You seem like you have common sense. Trump is a criminal. Don't buy all this "Joe does it too" or "witch hunt" crap.

Actors nor TV celebs are my main people as to governing.
I told how PATCO was totally wrong to go on strike. And how they were first warned to go to work and when they refused, they were fired. Reagan has to settle the issue of public safety.
I used to make long lists of Reagan accomplishments that bettered the whole planet, and not just the USA. I do not have time now to do a repeat.

But this I offer to help you learn.

Actors nor TV celebs are my main people as to governing.
I told how PATCO was totally wrong to go on strike. And how they were first warned to go to work and when they refused, they were fired. Reagan has to settle the issue of public safety.
I used to make long lists of Reagan accomplishments that bettered the whole planet, and not just the USA. I do not have time now to do a repeat.

But this I offer to help you learn.

Here's a good read. Reagan was a champion to the rich.

But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe "Voodoo economics" candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan's tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn't been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we've been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant (what my wife did in the late 60s - I did so working as a near-minimum-wage DJ) now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.

Yea I don't like Republicans. I sort of liked Reagan but as I got older and more educated I realized he was a globalist deep state rino who went along with inventing nafta and breaking unions. Turning a blind eye to illegal employers. Etc.

BUT, I will say this. I believe our country is great because of the Yin and Yang of Republicans and Democrats. The truth is never fully on one side. It lies somewhere in the middle.

Trump was divisive. Ron is just as bad. Can't believe you like those guys. Come on man! You seem like you have common sense. Trump is a criminal. Don't buy all this "Joe does it too" or "witch hunt" crap.
Based on my study of both politics as well as the law, I am holding the fire against Trump being a criminal until the law is done with him. If he is proven to be a criminal, trust me that he will be reviled by me.
That you express a bigotry against republicans kind of surprises me. I have come to see you as a man who could enjoy dinner with me and find we do think a lot alike. I admit to being a bigot against Democrats but not you guy, the party apparatus. I am bigoted against the leadership. Not the normal worker.

Why do I like Ron DeSantis? But I also like a lot Nikki Haley.

For many years in this situation, I put a lot more trust on Governors than the guys who are Senators but never a governor. Obama for example was a short term Senator. And it showed in how he operated as president. Clinton was better because he had also was a Governor. It showed in how he managed the job as president.

So Ron and Nikki score huge bonus points. Ron has been brilliant as a Governor. More even than Nikki was. Nikki however excelled as our UN ambassador. She really lit the place up. She in my view was partly why the NATO nations started kicking in their fair share to the NATO operations.

Ron manages to destroy the lies told about him by the actors on the View, by the Democrats loyal media and other liars. Ron is effective in displaying the lies by the Democrats.

Lets see if you believe the engineers on the bridge collapse or the Democrats version.

I also want to tell you that for 9 years, early as a young man, I also worked on Bridges and tall building foundations.

So why was it design failure and not age that caused the bridge in Minnesota to fall?

Why did the Minnesota Bridge collapse?

The National Transportation Safety Board ultimately determined that the probable cause of the collapse of the I-35W bridge “was the inadequate load capacity, due to a design error . . . of the gusset plates at the U10 nodes, which failed under a combination of (1) substantial increases in the weight of the bridge, ...

Minneapolis Interstate 35W Bridge Collapse - Minnesota ...​

Forum List

Back