God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

Well of course they believe their beliefs should automatically be made law of the land without votes, they are authoritarian fascists.
A numbskull retreat. We are talking about one particular belief. There is no place for your fake victim crybabying.here.

Right, and 747s can fly powered by unicorn farts
Maybe in. your bizarre fantasies. But as of this moment, abortion is a constitutionally protected right in all 50 states. Or maybe you forgot what you are supporting., which is the overturning of that, my fake libertarian cultist friend.

Overturning this may well result in the Republicans snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in next year's midterms. I guarantee you behind closed doors most of the elected Republicans throughout Congress and state and local level offices are hoping Roe gets upheld, but most of them won't admit it out loud.
What’s the point in electing repubs if they’re afraid to effect any change?

Maybe in. your bizarre fantasies. But as of this moment, abortion is a constitutionally protected right in all 50 states. Or maybe you forgot what you are supporting., which is the overturning of that, my fake libertarian cultist friend.

Yeah, slavery was once constitutionally protected as well, things change. The supremes have reversed previous decisions about 200 times. With any luck the supremes will nullify Roe and move on to faghadist marriage, another decision that had no basis in the Constitution. Also I guess you have me confused with someone else, I've never claimed to be a libertarian.

A numbskull retreat. We are talking about one particular belief. There is no place for your fake victim crybabying.here.
No, it’s all of your beliefs that you have no problem being forced on people without voting on it. Mask mandates, Vax mandates, gay marriage, abortion-on-demand, taking away guns....
All of those things you don’t mind your Agenda being pushed by court rulings that block laws passed by the people.

Some people want to tear apart millions of helpless innocent children? Rip them out of their mother’s womb for $$$$? That’s hard to imagine.

Don’t most people want to protect unborn babies:
unborn-baby-image.jpg

Kentucky has a Democrat governor and hardly any other elected offices are Democrats. Republicans control the legislature and almost every county government in the state. Only the two largest cities have Democrats as mayors and they will probably be thrown out after the next election.
You make a good case against gerrymandering, thanks.

Oh, and before this rancid fart of a thought floats away for good... let's check the scoreboard and remind everyone who is pushing for universal prenatal healthcare, and who is pushing against this.

Let's check who the largest provider of free prenatal healthcare is: community health centers, followed by organizations like Planned Parenthood.

And who is blocking bills like this one from Senate vote?:

H.R.1943 - Community Health Center and Primary Care Workforce Expansion Act of 2019​

Why, that would be Republicans, blocking the democrats.

Who is trying to defund Planned Parenthood? Easy answer. Who is pushing against that? Democrats.

Who is pushing for public option? For universal health insurance? Not republicans.

So, which party is trying to provide the safety net for unborn kids? Healthcare and food for pregnant women?

Check the scoreboard. It's not even CLOSE.
So the Democrats control the House, the Senate and the Presidency is so inept that they can't pass simple legislation. Man the Republicans are just such a strong and overpowering party.

....They think it should be a universal right.
"They" think declaring anything and everything "a universal right" is an easy way to get whatever they want without the inconvenience of voting and laws and states' rights and the will of the people. It's just another form of "shut up and do what I say!" Look at how blatantly leftists are afraid to even answer questions about their supposed positions. They know they can't defend the indefensible, so they cry "universal right!" and ignore their moral and logical inconsistencies.

I would be willing to bet if everyone actually saw pictures of aborted babies, many loud and proud "pro choice" (pro abortion) people would be singing a different tune.

Dare you to listen to this ex abortion doctor testimony in front of congress.

Go ahead and listen

Hence, there would need to be a constitutional basis for such a law to be passed. There are no enumerated abortion powers in the Constitution for the government to base pertinent laws on.

Yep, the Federal government has no say over abortion at all, the Constitution is completely clear. By the 10th amendment, abortion is a State power, and by the 9th, that limit on Federal power is as important as free speech, freedom of religion or any other limit on Federal power

I would be willing to bet if everyone actually saw pictures of aborted babies, many loud and proud "pro choice" (pro abortion) people would be singing a different tune

Or any other medical procedure. This is a terrible argument. And I'm on you side, at least at the Federal level. But saying for example if you had to examine someone who was shot, you'd be for limiting gun rights would be an equivalent argument and one that neither you or I would agree with. So get the silly shit out of here

but at the time the const was ratified there weren't laws against abortion. So, the argument would go, what is the basis for any state or federal prohibition unless the Founders expressly provided one?

Actually, the Founding Fathers were devilishly clever and they already thought of this. The Constitution specifically covered how do deal with things they hadn't anticipated. The Constitution is a living document. They gave us 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4. Have Democrats done that to get your way? Um ... no ... you haven't. BTW, 5/9 isn't there either

In short, this is one time when I don't think "original intent" really gets anyone anywhere, but I expect the Five to overturn Roe at least to some extent

If the SCOTUS rules the Feds have zero say about abortion until you follow the prescribed formula (2/3, 2/3 and 3/4), then they will have finally gotten it right

You really don't think that overturning Roe is going to swing suburbs away from the gop on this single issue?

That's always been the Democrat threat, but you are self deluded about your ability to deliver. Abortion would still be widely available in blue States. Whether Alabama allows abortion or not is NOT a kitchen table issue for most people.

Besides, the SCOTUS should be focused on getting it right, and the Constitution doesn't cover abortion, you made that up

That's always been the Democrat threat, but you are self deluded about your ability to deliver. Abortion would still be widely available in blue States. Whether Alabama allows abortion or not is NOT a kitchen table issue for most people.

Besides, the SCOTUS should be focused on getting it right, and the Constitution doesn't cover abortion, you made that up
We'll see if it plays out electorally. I don't have any doubt it will play out with less financial growth for Jesusland. As for the 14th amendment, you have about a 50% chance of being right .. or wrong. LOL

Forum List

Back