What's new
US Message Board ūü¶Ö Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret. We must do evil.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Reaction score

Given evolution and evil, is the Gnostic Christian myth more intelligent than the Christian myth?

The Gnostic Christian myth explains evil quite nicely as compared to what Christianity has produced.

Doing evil must have conscious volition. In law, they call that idea, mens rea. It is the cornerstone of secular and religious law and shows guilt and the knowledge that one is doing evil to another. When present, that is the only time sin can be applied to mankind.

Gnostic Christians posit an evil God, Yahweh, because of his creation of the evolutionary system in place. This system forces us to do evil to others when we win competitions. We must compete to survive and thrive. We must do evil and that is why we see Yahweh as evil. In a more modern sense, not so much evil as a necessary evil. In the Gnostic Christian view, this allows hope that there is another God above Yahweh that might have a better system that excludes that evil. Yahweh then is just our idea of a system we do not like for it’s evils, and we actually hope to be wrong in our evaluation of reality.

Do you recognize that you must do evil to survive and that the Gnostic Christian myth is a better way to explain evil than the Christian myth does?

Regards
DL

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Given evolution and evil, is the Gnostic Christian myth more intelligent than the Christian myth?

The Gnostic Christian myth explains evil quite nicely as compared to what Christianity has produced.

Doing evil must have conscious volition. In law, they call that idea, mens rea. It is the cornerstone of secular and religious law and shows guilt and the knowledge that one is doing evil to another. When present, that is the only time sin can be applied to mankind.

Gnostic Christians posit an evil God, Yahweh, because of his creation of the evolutionary system in place. This system forces us to do evil to others when we win competitions. We must compete to survive and thrive. We must do evil and that is why we see Yahweh as evil. In a more modern sense, not so much evil as a necessary evil. In the Gnostic Christian view, this allows hope that there is another God above Yahweh that might have a better system that excludes that evil. Yahweh then is just our idea of a system we do not like for it’s evils, and we actually hope to be wrong in our evaluation of reality.

Do you recognize that you must do evil to survive and that the Gnostic Christian myth is a better way to explain evil than the Christian myth does?

Regards
DL

Sounds nuts to me, but it's no worse than a lot of other religious beliefs.

Intolerant

Diamond Member
Reaction score
4FC60241-C6FC-4FCD-9653-C0929D44D565.gif

Not2BSubjugated

Callous Individualist
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Kinda depends on your definition of evil. Do the gnostic Christians believe that competition is inherently evil?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Apparently the OP is an alinkist. Doesn't believe Link exists.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are Gnostics Christians? They have very different views on God than conventional Christians. I don't believe you have presented the Gnostic Church's views very clearly in your post. I am not advocating for either Gnosticism or Christianity.

OP
GreatestIam

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Why? Do you not recognize that you must compete to survive?

Regards
DL

OP
GreatestIam

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Kinda depends on your definition of evil. Do the gnostic Christians believe that competition is inherently evil?

I wrote " We must compete to survive and thrive."

When we do the losers to those competitions will feel that evil has befallen them. Since we must compete, it is more good than evil.

The situation becomes a bit like the Christian Exsultet hymn that calls Adams sin a happy fault and necessary.

Regards
DL

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Kat

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread re-opened. No flaming please.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Since I haven't seen any proof of a God of any kind, I really don't care to get into a deep discussion about what flavor God you think is best. I just said your OP sounded nuts, but it's no more nuts than is said by other religious nuts, so believe what you want, as long as you don't expect our laws to be adjusted to match your fantasy.

ding

Confront reality
Reaction score
Thread re-opened. No flaming please.
This guy is a troll.

Seems to me that everything he does is intended to be a flame.

ding

Confront reality
Reaction score
I won't even have to say who I am talking about. That's how obvious it is.

OP
GreatestIam

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Reaction score

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Since I haven't seen any proof of a God of any kind, I really don't care to get into a deep discussion about what flavor God you think is best. I just said your OP sounded nuts, but it's no more nuts than is said by other religious nuts, so believe what you want, as long as you don't expect our laws to be adjusted to match your fantasy.

This is more about life than religious opinion.

What may be nuts is people not seeing the reality of them doing evil to those you compete against.

Competition cause all people to people evil and harm, yet that fact is mostly ignored.

You call this theory nuts while it is sound and true.

Regards
DL

Tehon

Gold Member
Reaction score
At this stage of human development I don't see it as necessary that we compete to survive. Which compounds the evil I think.

OP
GreatestIam

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Reaction score
At this stage of human development I don't see it as necessary that we compete to survive. Which compounds the evil I think.

You seem to think we can survive and thrive without competition?

What would happen to us as a species, or any other species for that matter, if we stopped competing to find the fittest of us?

Would we not end in putting the less fit into various offices and positions of power?

Think in business terms. Do you want the best employee you can find to compete with other companies or would you hire the less fit for the job?

If you did, what would likely happen to your business?

Regards
DL

Tehon

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would we not end in putting the less fit into various offices and positions of power?
Need I remind you who sits in the oval office. Competition is no guarantee that the fittest among us will thrive and it appears to me that we may be enslaving ourselves by our technology.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List